Jonathan Feliciano on Folden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting tired of people like him ruining perfectly good threads.

Perfectly good thread?

You've got a player who injured himself celebrating calling out coaches for playing the better player than one of his friends.

And people are celebrating this!

That's a perfectly good thread?

Advertisement
It's clear that not starting Williams, a quarterback who lost his job in Memphis, was the difference between winning 6 and being national champs. I'm done with these idiots.

It's comical.

And yet you've got people lauding Feliciano and bragging about how much they said it at the time.

My guess is we gain 3 wins with Williams.
I think we beat Va and Pitt with Williams. Ditching him contributed to the players quitting on Golden. Once we were out of the Coastal title chase, the seniors were mentally gone. Kaya was clearly was more talented, but this isn't a video game. That kind of thing can destroy any semblance of team chemistry.
With an experienced Williams and more cohesive team, we put up a better fight against Louisville. With Kaya being so young, the coaches were too scared to let him throw anything other than a bubble-screen! Maybe we squeeze a win out of South Carolina.

Your degree if you even have one from UM doesn't mean you can come here and preach how you're better than anybody and it definitely doesn't equate to your intelligence because there's probably guys with vocational degrees that are more successful than you and its sad that an old man like you has to come on to a fan board and berate people the way that you do and it's because you're not a humble person and you never will be in your lifetime.

I'm not that old but I am old enough to know that a period belongs in there somewhere.

Just stop, I clowned you and now you're going to hit someone about proper grammar on a fan board.

It's a board, not a college final paper or a professional report. I've written pre-hospital care reports that have been read in court...do you really think I don't know where I need to put a period or is it more likely I'm in the back of an ambulance running calls all day and I don't give a royal f**k about that stuff

Get over yourself

Last edited:
I'm getting tired of people like him ruining perfectly good threads.

Perfectly good thread?

You've got a player who injured himself celebrating calling out coaches for playing the better player than one of his friends.

And people are celebrating this!

That's a perfectly good thread?

That same player made 10 years worth of your salary in a year, ever heard of freedom of speech?? Everything he said is what we thought of Grolden before and you're the only one in here saying he should keep quiet

Again, get over yourself

Last edited:
Advertisement
For as bad as Al Golden and his staff were, his worst year was with a true freshman as his starting quarterback with 7 NFL draftees on that roster. That oughta tell you something, but also requires a tad of common sense.

Jake Heaps was a fifth year senior too. He actually had more success and experience against tougher competition than Ryan Williams did. We all saw how horrible he was. Just because you've held a scholarship for a long time doesn't mean you're a better option.

Jake Heaps was a fifth year senior too. He actually had more success and experience against tougher competition than Ryan Williams did. We all saw how horrible he was. Just because you've held a scholarship for a long time doesn't mean you're a better option.

Heaps was just as unfamiliar with the team and the playbook as Kaaya was. Williams didn't have that disadvantage.

LOL @ using the "what the NFL scout said about Williams" as an excuse.

Leave it up to ya'll, ya'll would've played Kaaya over Dorsey based off what an NFL scout said...huh?

Advertisement
Former players wanted their names mentioned by feleiciano. Williams was ready to start and they would have won 4 more games with Williams but golden wanted the excuse of starting a freshman if things went bad. Team played hampered by golden's schemes when they didn't have the players to fit his schemes. Golden wouldn't let Morris get an mri on his Achilles until after the season and he had a ruptured Achilles.

Ryan Williams was injured. It was between Heaps or Kaaya. Kaaya had a good freshman year so none of the other QB's was bringing 4 more wins. Not unless they ran over D'no with their cars.

One problem is that almost all of the QBs probably seem great when they're scrimmaging against Donofrio's defenses. How are you supposed to tell who's best when they're playing against such a bad D?

Heaps was just as unfamiliar with the team and the playbook as Kaaya was. Williams didn't have that disadvantage.

I'll buy that. Still don't think playing Williams would have impacted the season to the tune of four or more wins. Either way, it's a moot point now. If anything, Golden might still be coaching here if they win 8 or 9 games in 2014. And Kaaya would have one less year experience, so the whole deal worked out better for us anyway.

I'll buy that. Still don't think playing Williams would have impacted the season to the tune of four or more wins. Either way, it's a moot point now. If anything, Golden might still be coaching here if they win 8 or 9 games in 2014. And Kaaya would have one less year experience, so the whole deal worked out better for us anyway.

I'm glad we didn't win an extra 4 or 5 games that year because Folden would still be here. I'm with you that Williams wouldn't have been worth that many extra wins.

But I take issue with the guys who think a less talented 5th year senior QB who can execute the entire playbook and has the support of his teammates couldn't win more games than Kaaya just because Kaaya is more talented.

Kaaya was here for a couple months before the opening game. He deserves huge credit for playing as well as he did, but he was in over his head. On top of that, I'm sure he felt the lack of support from his upperclassmen teammates, which made it even tougher for him as a true freshman.

Advertisement
Your degree if you even have one from UM doesn't mean you can come here and preach how you're better than anybody and it definitely doesn't equate to your intelligence because there's probably guys with vocational degrees that are more successful than you and its sad that an old man like you has to come on to a fan board and berate people the way that you do and it's because you're not a humble person and you never will be in your lifetime.

I'm not that old but I am old enough to know that a period belongs in there somewhere.

Just stop, I clowned you and now you're going to hit someone about proper grammar on a fan board.

It's a board, not a college final paper or a professional report. I've written pre-hospital care reports that have been read in court...do you really think I don't know where I need to put a period or is it more likely I'm in the back of an ambulance running calls all day and I don't give a royal f**k about that stuff

Get over yourself

I think that statement needed a comma somewhere, Z. j/k. lol.

ryan Williams was average at best. starting kaaya was one and only decision golden got right.

Kayya would have been good regardless and could have been Winston like had he had a chance to redshirt

The team may have won more games had Ryan started because the Seniors would have been on board the whole season, it's hard for guys thinking about the NFL to play for the "team" when the coach is trying to buy time with what would appear to be a built in excuse especially if Ryan was a locker room favorite... it would be like Riley trading Dragic for nothing and telling Wade they want to build with B. Weber

Good reason to throw in Pitt and UVA with Louisville then.
What was the 4th win he alluded to...FSU?
Although Ryan may have played better in the 2nd half, I don't see him playing as well as Kaaya did in the 1st half.

Pitt and UVA the defense gave up 30 and 35. Don't see either QB making up for that

Yes, that's a bunch of points.
Bats reasoning is that they lost those 2 games not because of Kaaya's performance, but because Ryan (the senior) wasn't the QB. So they quit.
Agree that it's a little bit of a reach. Without getting into the psychology of it all, Louisville is the only game that was on Kaaya.

Advertisement

Nobody is buying it.

I don't know anyone who's a Rhodes Scholar who then becomes illiterate when they post on message boards.

In general you are who you are.

That same player made 10 years worth of your salary in a year

That's a good one.

I know a bunch of dudes who have made more money than me who don't know **** about who's a better quarterback.

Talk about irrelevant.

ever heard of freedom of speech??

Yeah but apparently you haven't since this issue has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

Nobody (least of which the government) is telling Jon 'injured himself celebrating' Feliciano that he can't speak his mind.

I'm just exercising my freedom of speech by saying that his remarks are stupid and he should be embarrassed.

Everything he said is what we thought of Grolden before and you're the only one in here saying he should keep quiet

Exactly.

It's confirmation bias.

Somebody could come out and say that Golden clubbed baby seals and you'd believe it because you hate him.

Unfortunately for Jon 'injured himself celebrating' Feliciano he chose to speak on a subject that the public is well aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back