Jon Vilma calls out uncle Luke LOL

I forgot his wife represents Freeman! Freeman is only her client though, so I can't say he's pushing kids to her, outside of Freeman. But I still wouldn't consider Luke a pure street agent tho, cause he's been a high school coach for so long. Now there's some folks that were on podcast with this site that you can consider as Street agent, but I digress with that one.

Here's the rub, so people will hate Luke no matter what, and most people will love Vilma. But if you don't think folks are shopping these kids to the highest bidder, you're sadly mistaken. There's folks on Miami staff right now that was doing that on the 7 on 7 scene, you can bet that. I just don't think Luke purely falls into that Street agent category, but pushing kids to his wife, possibly. Are you really mad at that tho, considering we had a former writer basically doing the same thing, IJS!

Last edited:
Advertisement
i thin
I've constantly asked this as well because Puke has on a number of occasions attributed Freeman going to FSU as a Golden **** up. Whereas his boy, Randy wasn't even recruiting him (Randy's last year at Miami was during Freeman's recruiting cycle).

i think ti was golden that recruited him when he got here, but too late at that point.

I guess you couldn’t tell I don’t give 3fuks about anything you say you foking know it all. I don’t care if they were messing around or not all mighty and powerful OZ. They obviously ain’t going to throw down. I just thought it was funny. And since this thread is about Vilma, it’s about who ?VILMA! I wanted to post it. That’s why I mentioned it.
romberg addressed it on his morning show -- theyre just messing around with them when they start to feel themselves too much...

Advertisement
Luke's allegience ISNT to UM. Its to the kids he has a relationship with. Thats where you guys get it wrong. Vilma is alumni and a donor, Luke's not on his level. Luke coaches these kids and has a relationship with a bunch..Vilma is not plugged in or on his level there either.

This page is going on 7 pages and still no answer to what kids were STEERED to FSU. Saying FSU got Miami kids means what?. They always have..Luke unless he coached them wasnt the reason for Miami kids going there. Only kid they got Luke relations with were Freeman and Emmitt Rice a lb..a kid we passed on and didnt recruit.
Vilma went with the ether with this though...lol. Jeez he BOMBED.

For many of us, it's less about "steering" kids to FSU. That's not what makes him a flashpoint, IMO, or why I have disdain for him. It's him taking himself to the airwaves and ripping on UM when they're only interested in 3 of the 15 kids he wants them to recruit. You're wired in down here, there's some misses for sure-- kids he "liked" that were better than we thought they'd be-- but there's a lot more misses-- kids he burned up the airwaves over who were barely ACC talent. It didn't stop him from going on Joe Rose and screaming about us ignoring the crib, or running his mouth on Twitter, or carrying on at practice fields about how we're not giving people opportunities, etc.

I forgot his wife represents Freeman! Freeman is only her client though, so I can't say he's pushing kids to her, outside of Freeman. But I still wouldn't consider Luke a pure street agent tho, cause he's been a high school coach for so long. Now there's some folks that were on podcast with this site that you can consider as Street agent, but I digress with that one.

Here's the rub, so people will hate Luke no matter what, and most people will love Vilma. But if you don't think folks are shopping these kids to the highest bidder, you're sadly mistaken. There's folks on Miami staff right now that was doing that on the 7 on 7 scene, you can bet that. I just don't think Luke purely falls into that Street agent category, but pushing kids to his wife, possibly. Are you really mad at that tho, considering we had a former writer basically doing the same thing, IJS!

I was going to get to that but i digress. lol

Add to it...if were housing and allowing visits with these 7 on 7 teams...well those are loaded with STREET AGENTS. Freeman should have been a lock to Luke and his wife though as far as representation..since the kid basically lived with them his last year of school. Cant be mad at that...its about relations. Yall mad at Mel Bratton?.

I was going to get to that but i digress. lol

Add to it...if were housing and allowing visits with these 7 on 7 teams...well those are loaded with STREET AGENTS. Freeman should have been a lock to Luke and his wife though as far as representation..since the kid basically lived with them his last year of school. Cant be mad at that...its about relations. Yall mad at Mel Bratton?.

What's Melvin up to these days?

Advertisement

also duke johnson currently

For many of us, it's less about "steering" kids to FSU. That's not what makes him a flashpoint, IMO, or why I have disdain for him. It's him taking himself to the airwaves and ripping on UM when they're only interested in 3 of the 15 kids he wants them to recruit. You're wired in down here, there's some misses for sure-- kids he "liked" that were better than we thought they'd be-- but there's a lot more misses-- kids he burned up the airwaves over who were barely ACC talent. It didn't stop him from going on Joe Rose and screaming about us ignoring the crib, or running his mouth on Twitter, or carrying on at practice fields about how we're not giving people opportunities, etc.

I hear you. Thats why i said i dont vouch for the stupid sh*t he says. Thats his personality. I also said Luke sells ALL of his kids to Um regardless their level of talent. Some will hit ..some wont..but thats recruiting. But the originally reason the thread or Vilma went in was saying he steers kids to FSU and he was likely flat out wrong with that. He sells his kid to any school thats what a coach supposed to do. He sells to UM first though because thats his school of preference. He also opens his mouth at times about um..because thats who he has passion for. He's wrong more than he is right. I still think he is a legit um fan, i dont consider him a street agent. I also think Vilma sh*tted on him lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Why type out this thesis, and then abbreviate a few words at the end?

Freeman had a really tough situation growing up. He had to be the man of the house at 13 or 14. Luke really did look out for the kid in HS. Didn't know she represented Duke!

Advertisement
Back