John Campbell is not hurt... but he in the portal

I was going to trash the kid since he's going to FSU. But it's not even worth it. He was definitely going to lose his spot. My guess is he's bitter about the whole situation. Maybe he knows some of the staff there and is trying to salvage his pro career. Whatever.

p.s. I hope all you idiots who were convinced we could run with Nelson and Campbell as our bookend OTs to start the 2019 season finally realize how bad our OL must have been to be forced into that situation.

Advertisement
There's very few coaches I wouldn't have reservations about, but I'm not going down the Mario question marks rabbit hole again. They were there, but lots of good posters refused to see them.

At 8 mil a year for 10 years, twice what this school has ever paid someone, you better be **** sure he's the guy. A good many of those reservations reared their head this year. Hope he can correct them.
I believe someone wrote the University is seeing a surplus in merchandise sales. Some speculate a value of $100M.

If you look at the SEC schools, football is the machine printing money. Not just with TV revenue.

When Mario gets the program where he wants it, the monetary value he'll bring to the University will exceed his salary. It's a proven model if he's the guy.

We'll find out in 2-3 years which I firmly believe he will resurrect the program for the simple reason he'll recruit top 5 classes every year.

As many have pointed out, he's never been an OC or DC. However, he is an offensive line coach and will have championship level offensive lines. Our 2023 offensive line class is better than anyone's including Alabama, UGA, and Ohio State. That's the bases for winning at the championship level.

It all starts with the trenches which is the hardest to recruit at an elite level besides QB. Mario is killing it after a 5-7 season!!! Imagine what things will look like after an ACC title and CFP appearance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Campbell always kind of r ubbed me the wrong way because when he first signed and was an early entry i met him and dude was complaining about a dorm room....im like yea...this aint one of them tough ol types lol
Was the gas station pics for me.

Campbell always kind of r ubbed me the wrong way because when he first signed and was an early entry i met him and dude was complaining about a dorm room....im like yea...this aint one of them tough ol types lol
That’s telling, I admit I was one of the boys relly is talking about who thought we had a solid tackle, priority UDFA in him. I’d still be shocked if he doesn’t get invited to minicamp but like to hear that type of ish, relevant (doesn’t mean one can’t grow up from eighteen, I know I did) but still valuable. Appropriate to keep it off this space till now though.

I was going to trash the kid since he's going to FSU. But it's not even worth it. He was definitely going to lose his spot. My guess is he's bitter about the whole situation. Maybe he knows some of the staff there and is trying to salvage his pro career. Whatever.

p.s. I hope all you idiots who were convinced we could run with Nelson and Campbell as our bookend OTs to start the 2019 season finally realize how bad our OL must have been to be forced into that situation.
We sure FSU has a spot for him now? They've landed a few transfer OLinemen already.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll never forget that game he and Zion played vs uf in 2019. One of the worst performances ever by 2 starting OTs lol

Well, to be fair, weren't they a true frosh and sophomore at the time. Neither would've been out there if we had a competent staff and recruited well.

Having said that, he can kick rocks at FSU.

Advertisement
Back