John Campbell is not hurt... but he in the portal

Mario and company were singing his praises during fall camp last year too.

We will see what happens, he’s not a guy I would rely on

Advertisement
He probably would have started here, too. First reserve swing tackle at worst. That doesn't mean he's very good. The players ahead of him were Justice Oluweseun and Jarrid Williams. He is now basically them. That's a fringe starting P5 tackle.

He left Miami so now I must HATE HIM
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

I'd like to have Campbell for depth, but not losing sleep over any of them. Gaynor is competent, but nothing more. Clark is not a P5 starter level player. Below average ACC lineman.
People bringing up Gaynor is wild. Our OL improved bigtime as soon as Clark took over for him and Clark wasn’t even that good.

These guys don’t play here anymore and our OL is going to be good. Best of luck to them all but ultimately agreed, who cares

Advertisement
Grover - I prefer Campbell over the other two but you might be right. Let’s see how he performs with Rocky Top and how Rivers holds up at LT. Cohen’s interview with ON3 posted on the main board is encouraging.
I think we are good to go at Guard so I’m not worried about Rivers at tackle tbh. You can never have enough depth so I see why people are mentioning Campbell but I hope he kills it at Tennessee and gets an NFL paycheck down the road, but our OL is looking nice

Why did anyone expect anything different? He was highly sought after in the portal

My concern on moving Rivers to LT is less about what that means for guard play and more about Rivers actually playing LT. He did not move well during the spring game. He struggled against speed rushers that night. Eagerly anticipating improvement.

I think we are good to go at Guard so I’m not worried about Rivers at tackle tbh. You can never have enough depth so I see why people are mentioning Campbell but I hope he kills it at Tennessee and gets an NFL paycheck down the road, but our OL is looking nice

My concern on moving Rivers to LT is less about what that means for guard play and more about Rivers actually playing LT. He did not move well during the spring game. He struggled against speed rushers that night. Eagerly anticipating improvement.
Rivers is good at G. My concern is the impact of accumulated injuries at T. They add up, and eventually, those feet, knees, and hips don't move the same.

Advertisement
Campbell was pretty rough last year but I think he was dealing with some injuries, kinda like it seems to be taking Rivers some time to bounce back

More is always better but seems tough these days do hold veteran depth no matter what the position

Rivers OT / Cooper OG >>>> Campbell OT / Rivers OG. ... And that's with me preferring Rivers at OG. That's how little I think of Campbell's ability to hold up under pressure come game time. I've been hoping he'd cross the chasm for 5 years, like Chris Washington and McLaughlin, it never happened. The guy is a JAG. I'd rather have kept Clark.

I don't hate Campbell. I just think he's a weak link and am happy he's gone. Jordan Miller, now that's a loss. All those kids that went to play for Lashlee, I wish them the best. Will probably watch their games to see how it turns out for them.

I just don't see it with Campbell. Zion and he both played horrifically vs UF four years ago. Since then, Zion has become a good-to-great football player. Campbell has been injured most of the time and looked terrible when healthy.
Campbell is a jag and weak but miller is a loss lol? I agree that he had some terrible games tho, that clemson game is zion vs uf level

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back