John Campbell is not hurt... but he in the portal

Advertisement
I actually thought Justice was a pretty good OL coach. But man, he talked up those kids like they were all first rounders. And people on here bought into it, lol.

So happy we have coaches who are self aware now. Our OL is still going to be only "good" in 2023, is a couple of years away from being playoff caliber. But the step up will be instantly apparent when we play the Aggies on 9/9.

John Campbell highlights …..

1671830899897.gif

I figure for each game, at least three dogwalks into the QB, a holding penalty, and two false starts. Not to mention a couple whiffs on outside zone running plays. He’ll be one of the best players for UM in an FSU game since Chris Rix

By the way, what is totally bizarre is that FSU would be so quick to bring him in to their program, thinking he’s going to upgrade their team. If that’s how little they think of their OL, then my long term confidence is building

By the way, what is totally bizarre is that FSU would be so quick to bring him in to their program, thinking he’s going to upgrade their team. If that’s how little they think of their OL, then my long term confidence is building

They already passed on him after landing another OT from the portal. He was just a backup plan for them.

Advertisement
I’ll never forget that game he and Zion played vs uf in 2019. One of the worst performances ever by 2 starting OTs lol
Sad thing is we should have won that game too. Franks gave us two chances at the end to win.

John Campbell highlights …..

View attachment 222104

I figure for each game, at least three dogwalks into the QB, a holding penalty, and two false starts. Not to mention a couple whiffs on outside zone running plays. He’ll be one of the best players for UM in an FSU game since Chris Rix
Great comparison. Always had a shot when playing Rix. Only key guy I recall who went 0-5 vs Canes.

Advertisement
I mean when you look at their HS recruiting class they actually just need warm bodies right now.
Was wondering the same thing. I can't imagine they watched his film and said this is a guy who can help us

Did this slapdick end up committing to FSU?
He isn't listed anywhere right now. FSU did grab Keiondre Jones (G/C) from Auburn, Casey Roddick (G/C) from Colorado and Jeremiah Byers (OT) from utep.

Also seems like one of Norvell's recipes is getting kids from G5 who out perform rankings and hope it translates to G5. He did this with verse last year and this year took Braden Fiske from Western Mich (in addition to the kids from UTEP and a TE from Shorter Hawks).

247 however seems to like them as all are now considered 4* and they thus have the #1 transfer class.

Fiske and Darrell Jackson for DL

Byers, Roddick, and Jones for OL

Kyle Morlock and Jaheim Bell for TE

In other news Miami (the texas version or SMU) now has Elijah Roberts, Jordan Miller, Key Smiff, and Jaylan Knighton, all of which are now 3*s and SMU with 10 transfers in already still only get up to 13 ranked overall. I was shocked how 247 butchered Knighton's ranking from HS to T. He went from .95 in HS to .87 as a transfer. For clarity, that is the difference between a fringe top 100 overall player and fringe top 600 player overall.

Advertisement
Who is the fit in the orange jersey on the background? He shows up in a couple of Campbell's pics from him Tenn visit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_085350_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_085350_Brave.jpg
    817.9 KB · Views: 59
Advertisement
He isn't listed anywhere right now. FSU did grab Keiondre Jones (G/C) from Auburn, Casey Roddick (G/C) from Colorado and Jeremiah Byers (OT) from utep.

Also seems like one of Norvell's recipes is getting kids from G5 who out perform rankings and hope it translates to G5. He did this with verse last year and this year took Braden Fiske from Western Mich (in addition to the kids from UTEP and a TE from Shorter Hawks).

247 however seems to like them as all are now considered 4* and they thus have the #1 transfer class.

Fiske and Darrell Jackson for DL

Byers, Roddick, and Jones for OL

Kyle Morlock and Jaheim Bell for TE

In other news Miami (the texas version or SMU) now has Elijah Roberts, Jordan Miller, Key Smiff, and Jaylan Knighton, all of which are now 3*s and SMU with 10 transfers in already still only get up to 13 ranked overall. I was shocked how 247 butchered Knighton's ranking from HS to T. He went from .95 in HS to .87 as a transfer. For clarity, that is the difference between a fringe top 100 overall player and fringe top 600 player overall.
Butchered his ranking? He’s terrible. They got it just right.

Advertisement
Back