John Campbell abused

You stated originally “from what we’ve seen and heard”..which means YOU HAVE SEEN RIVERS IN ACTION..you haven’t nobody on this board has. Then you used a quote from fall camp of the position coach speaking on the young man..which is fine. But if coach speak was gospel then Jarren Williams would be a AA at Miami since manny spoke highly of him multiple times last szn..coach speak is coach speak. The proof of trust is who u see the coach put our there...so in this instance coach Justice spoke highly of a talented freshman Lineman..but still plays what he figures is his best option..yet here you are questioning the same coach’s lineup..yet using his coach speak quotes as gospel
I have no problem with a thought out response like this. In reference to the seen part I guess I was basing that off of high school and the all american game. Im with you on not trusting a lot of Coach's evals but I want to give Justice the benefit of doubt to start out with. I can guarantee Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, shoot probably even Minnesota and Wisconsin have underclassmen that are bigger and stronger than Scaife and Gaynor. Why is it so hard to believe we may have one too? Rivers is what 6'5 320? He looks like an SEC lineman Scaife and Gaynor don't nor do they play like them.

Advertisement
I have no problem with a thought out response like this. In reference to the seen part I guess I was basing that off of high school and the all american game. Im with you on not trusting a lot of Coach's evals but I want to give Justice the benefit of doubt to start out with. I can guarantee Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, shoot probably even Minnesota and Wisconsin have underclassmen that are bigger and stronger than Scaife and Gaynor. Why is it so hard to believe we may have one too? Rivers is what 6'5 320? He looks like an SEC lineman Scaife and Gaynor don't nor do they play like them.
Rivers looks like a kid who needs a year in a S&C program. Oline is about leverage/technique etc..not just about pure strength numbers. Funny part the best looking Lineman on the roster is definitely 74

Rivers looks like a kid who needs a year in a S&C program. Oline is about leverage/technique etc..not just about pure strength numbers. Funny part the best looking Lineman on the roster is definitely 74
I would say, from a look standpoint it would be Williams 62. He 6'6 300 plus pounds with very little body fat for a lineman. He just doesn't play as physical as he looks. You look at Rivers and he doesn't look ready? Why can all these other big time programs get their big young lineman ready but we can't?

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks Zion isn’t playing better than Campbell needs to rewatch the game and focus on 60. He consistently did well against a very talented defensive front. The same personnel that gave Campbell all kinds of problems. Maybe Campbell is hurt. But regardless, we need Williams to be healthy and playing so we have the option of Nelson/Campbell on the other side

Just rewatched and jeesh.

Zion held up better on the other end. When Williams is back May think about getting Zion back to LT and letting Campbell compete for LG

We don't have many options this year.
Hopefully next year some of the younger players will be ready to challenge for the job.

Advertisement
Just rewatched and jeesh.

Zion held up better on the other end. When Williams is back May think about getting Zion back to LT and letting Campbell compete for LG
JC has had 2 bad games in a row. That said, I really like our 3 tackle rotation of JC, JW and Zion.

JC has had 2 bad games in a row. That said, I really like our 3 tackle rotation of JC, JW and Zion.
Me too but I prefer Williams and Nelson starting with Campbell as the 1st backup. What was nice to see is that Nelson seems capable 0n both ends. And frankly, looked really comfortable at RT.

So like I said..it’s easy to *****..sometimes I hate that my girls *** isn’t as phat as my ex’s..but I stfu because I know rn I have no option to fix that situation..51 and 65 are our best rn..are they elite, nope. But they are solid. And just like u can pick our certain plays they get whipped on u could pick out plays they were key on when we sprung big runs..and they don’t make many if mental errors/unforced penalties..
Can’t get a butt implant?

Advertisement
The competition will continue but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Zion start at LT. He is looking comfortable with the added weight and experience.

Seems like we've heard this a lot over the last few years. XYZ offensive lineman at Miami gets abused.

My initial reaction is to say maybe South Florida just doesn't produce top linemen and we need to go elsewhere. But then I remember that Jeff Stoutland recruited a line here, later coached by Al Golden and Kehoe, that produced something like 3 NFL starters and most or all of them were Florida kids.

So whatever it is Stoutland did, that's what we need to get back to doing. This OL coach we have now seems like a good one to me. But the talent is still seriously lacking.

I see on Rivals that the top offensive lineman in South Florida is committed to Clemson.

LOL.

That's a problem.

Advertisement
Good debates going on in this thread. Dare I say this could be a good problem to have next year when Donaldson is back?..and Rivers/Walker and Washington have a year under there belt AND we get the 2021 kids in? Will be great competition and OL might actually turn the corner! I wish JWilliams wasnt so old or I would dare say if he came back OL would actually finally be a team strength.

The competition will continue but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Zion start at LT. He is looking comfortable with the added weight and experience.

agree Zion has looked good

Why has the staff not tried Campbell at G? He looked pretty good there last year

Advertisement
Back