John Campbell abused

AtlAtty

Recruit
Maude
The offensive line as a whole had challenges yesterday against a very good defensive front, but in particular, Campbell’s play was deficient and often ruined timing and passing lanes. Campbell won’t be beaten up against UVA because they run a 3-4 and their d-line‘s job is really just to occupy blockers to free their backers, but against good d-ends, Campbell’s struggles will limit our offense almost as much as poor receiver play.
I think the best offensive line would have Zion at LT and Williams at RT, but for a reason of which I am unaware, Williams isn’t playing at RT. if anyone knows what’s going on with Williams please enlighten me.

Advertisement
The offensive line as a whole had challenges yesterday against a very good defensive front, but in particular, Campbell’s play was deficient and often ruined timing and passing lanes. Campbell won’t be beaten up against UVA because they run a 3-4 and their d-line‘s job is really just to occupy blockers to free their backers, but against good d-ends, Campbell’s struggles will limit our offense almost as much as poor receiver play.
I think the best offensive line would have Zion at LT and Williams at RT, but for a reason of which I am unaware, Williams isn’t playing at RT. if anyone knows what’s going on with Williams please enlighten me.
Williams out injured. Agree that Nelson has shown better than Campbell. Needed to play both yesterday.

He had a hand injury according to Manny. He was dressed to play but they didn't want to force him into action unless needed.

Anyone remember when I posted about Zion having to play LT during a scrimmage during fall camp?

I got pretty good Pushback from some keyboard warriors on here. It was because I was told Campbell got abused during the 2nd scrimmage by Roche.

I still think Campbell is a Guard, but I do think he is a good run blocker, and that’s what I think Justice likes in him.

LT-Nelson
LG-Campbell
C-Gaynor
RG-Scaife
RT-Williams

I think that’s our best lineup.

Advertisement
Anyone remember when I posted about Zion having to play LT during a scrimmage during fall camp?

I got pretty good Pushback from some keyboard warriors on here. It was because I was told Campbell got abused during the 2nd scrimmage by Roche.

I still think Campbell is a Guard, but I do think he is a good run blocker, and that’s what I think Justice likes in him.

LT-Nelson
LG-Campbell
C-Gaynor
RG-Scaife
RT-Williams

I think that’s our best lineup.

Pretty sure I'm one of the few that defended you. Like I said all summer, I'm not ready to give up on Zion yet. The situation he was thrown into last year was completely unfair to judge him on.

It is what it is. Hopefully Walker, Washington, and Rivers push guys next year. Today Nelson is probably the best option at LT, he might be the only real option against athletic defensive ends.

IMO Campbell, Zion and Donaldson lack competitiveness and a natural desire to beat the man in front of them. We all know or have known people like that. They have the ability, but lack competitiveness.

Advertisement
OL far from perfect is obvious. Did not think they played as bad against Pitt as some proclaim. All the sacks not on them. First team to have over 100 yards rushing against Pitt in 6 games. Yes a long way from being a good line but not near as horrible as projected by some

Advertisement
OL far from perfect is obvious. Did not think they played as bad against Pitt as some proclaim. All the sacks not on them. First team to have over 100 yards rushing against Pitt in 6 games. Yes a long way from being a good line but not near as horrible as projected by some
PFF had the OL only giving up one pressure and sack (Zion), and an 80 pass blocking grade I believe for the entire line. Run blocking’s a different story, but we rushed for 50 more yards than their yearly avg.

Advertisement
They went against an elite front with legit nfl players. I dont Think y’all understand how good and much talent pitt dline has

with that said. It’s clear that Campbell isn’t that good. Zion should be starting LT and Williams at RT next Saturday night.

got to stop making excuses if players get whipped just cause they are going against NFL type players. If you can’t hold your own against the better players in the league then you don’t deserve to be playing. We will never be “back” until we can line up with other elite guys, but instead our fans and coaches make excuses like it’s ok to have a bad game cause the other team is just better.

that’s weak beta mentality.

LOL...sky is falling...**** what a fanbase we have..
So nobody can ever question anything, or rip into a guy when he gets his a$$ handed to him all day long? Is this not what this place is here for? Maybe you think just being a male cheerleader is why we are here?

Advertisement
Back