Joe Yearby

Say what you will about the kid but it's **** impressive he ran for 1k behind that horrible OL and splitting carries with Walton. Yearby is a work horse back with good vision and good cuts. He may have put on a bit too much weight but with an even decent OL he would be incredibly productive for us. He needs to shed about 5 pounds and get a decent OL and he will be a **** of a back. He's not a home run elite speed guy but he has the cuts and vision and endurance to give us a **** of a ground game. So does Walton. If we can just get the OL fixed we have two really good backs not even factoring in Gus and Choc if he stays at RB. We hVe a lot of talent back there that is being underutilized

Advertisement
Not only was he faster, but he was far quicker. His cut game was elite before he bloated up.

i agree 100%

Yearby only had 86 carries last year, mostly against bad teams. He needed the extra weight to survive this year's workload.

Unlike James Jackson, who really bulked up too much, Yearby was never a gamebreaker. He still kept much of his quickness, which is why he ran for 1,000 yards as a small, slow guy behind a bad OL.

he had longer runs last year. i didnt say he cant put weight on but it wasnt done right. he looks stiff. duke put weight on but looked better. something didnt work for yearby.
The lineman did a horrible job blocking on some of the plays he could have broke for long runs. All it takes is for one lineman to miss a block. None of the running backs broke any runs over 50 yards because of the ineptitude of not getting the explosive back on the field in trayone gray. Plus this is who Yearby is, he's not Dalvin cook and never was in terms of breaking long runs... Don't expect him to be something he never was... Yearby was always a guy who can ocassionsly pop a 50 or 60 yarder but will give you a consistent good runs in the mid range because of his elite vision and quickness

Personally, I'd rather have Yearby for 10-12 touches a game at his leanest and quickest, then some overfed hog who was forced to add bad weight to endure the pounding of a lead back, despite not naturally having lead back size.

I think he's more electric and dynamic if he can trim down. He can rotate in with Homer and Walton.

Personally, I'd rather have Yearby for 10-12 touches a game at his leanest and quickest, then some overfed hog who was forced to add bad weight to endure the pounding a lead back, despite not naturally having lead back size.

I think he's more electric and dynamic if he can trim down. He can rotate in with Homer and Walton.

he def lost a step. had no burst hitting the hole. this kid was NEVER slow. he wasnt dalvin cook but far from slow.
Can we stop with the Trayone Gray stuff? this kid was overhyped by this board, has talent but has yet to put it together.

Gray and the Bus, neither has done anything to get the hype they do from some.

We were ultra spoiled at this position for years and years. I'm still waiting to see who the next stud at the position will be as they keep getting away. I truly hope Right can persuade Whaley or we're waiting another year. He's what Right looks for. I'm not writing off Homer, but I'm not sure he has the size right away to step in.

Advertisement
Gray and the Bus, neither has done anything to get the hype they do from some.

We were ultra spoiled at this position for years and years. I'm still waiting to see who the next stud at the position will be as they keep getting away. I truly hope Right can persuade Whaley or we're waiting another year. He's what Right looks for. I'm not writing off Homer, but I'm not sure he has the size right away to step in.

people were saying trayvone was gonna start as a true fresh. my friend has coached for years, looked at his film and said he is not ready, he dominated weak competition and dissected him. said yearby was a much more polished back.

Personally, I'd rather have Yearby for 10-12 touches a game at his leanest and quickest, then some overfed hog who was forced to add bad weight to endure the pounding a lead back, despite not naturally having lead back size.

he def lost a step. had no burst hitting the hole. this kid was NEVER slow. he wasnt dalvin cook but far from slow.
Can we stop with the Trayone Gray stuff? this kid was overhyped by this board, has talent but has yet to put it together.

Gray is definitely a monster physically, I just don't know where to put him.

I think Richt recruited Walton pretty hard, and we'll have Yearby and Homer. It might be wise to start trying Gray at WR or Safety. Getting that type of athleticism on the field in some capacity would be nice.

Gray is definitely a monster physically, I just don't know where to put him.

I think Richt recruited Walton pretty hard, and we'll have Yearby and Homer. It might be wise to start trying Gray at WR or Safety. Getting that type of athleticism on the field in some capacity would be nice.

richt will figure it out. i would keep him on offense.

Some of you all saying he looked slow by adding on good weight but failing to realize he never was that fast to begin with tells me all I need to know lol.

He looked slower this year than he did as a true freshman. So take it easy there broke.

Advertisement
Yearby ran a 4.65 as a freshman. He ran a 4.62 as a sophomore. He was never fast, and he didn't get any slower.

He lost a little quickness, but he broke more tackles. More importantly, he didn't break in half.

I am all for keeping fast players fast, but Yearby was always a between the tackles guy who killed you slowly. He has never been a gamebreaker.

Not only was he faster, but he was far quicker. His cut game was elite before he bloated up.

i agree 100%

Yearby only had 86 carries last year, mostly against bad teams. He needed the extra weight to survive this year's workload.

Unlike James Jackson, who really bulked up too much, Yearby was never a gamebreaker. He still kept much of his quickness, which is why he ran for 1,000 yards as a small, slow guy behind a bad OL.

he had longer runs last year. i didnt say he cant put weight on but it wasnt done right. he looks stiff. duke put weight on but looked better. something didnt work for yearby.

Some of you all saying he looked slow by adding on good weight but failing to realize he never was that fast to begin with tells me all I need to know lol.

He looked slower this year than he did as a true freshman. So take it easy there broke.
What are you calling me broke for? Fact of the matter is he still wasn't that fast in highschool. For the type of runner Yearby is it was good for him to add on 5-10 pounds.

i agree 100%

Yearby ran a 4.65 the summer before his freshman year. He ran a 4.62 this year. He was never fast, and he didn't get any slower.

He lost a little quickness, but he broke more tackles. More importantly, he didn't break in half. I am all for keeping fast players fast, but Yearby was always a between the tackles guy who killed you slowly. He has never been a gamebreaker.

This

i agree 100%

Yearby ran a 4.65 the summer before his freshman year. He ran a 4.62 this year. He was never fast, and he didn't get any slower.

He lost a little quickness, but he broke more tackles. More importantly, he didn't break in half. I am all for keeping fast players fast, but Yearby was always a between the tackles guy who killed you slowly. He has never been a gamebreaker.

This

he was coming off a broken ankle when he ran the 4.65

Advertisement
Yearby ran a 4.65 as a freshman. He ran a 4.62 as a sophomore. He was never fast, and he didn't get any slower.

He lost a little quickness, but he broke more tackles. More importantly, he didn't break in half.

I am all for keeping fast players fast, but Yearby was always a between the tackles guy who killed you slowly. He has never been a gamebreaker.

I think the added weight def helped him. Now if he can keep the weight, get back the quickness he lost, and trim down his forty to the 4.58 range I think he'll look even better next year and will complement a second RB very well.

I think the added weight def helped him. Now if he can keep the weight, get back the quickness he lost, and trim down his forty to the 4.58 range I think he'll look even better next year and will complement a second RB very well.

my issue wasnt adding weight but he didnt look right. i thought duke as a junior added weight the right way and it showed. yearby did something wrong.

I agree. The dalvin cooks of the world will be great punt returners and dynamic in space, the joseph yearby's of the world will hold the bulk of the carries and move the chains between the tackles. Yearby has great feet and is really shifty, I think his game translates really well to the NFL

Advertisement
He did better this year but still had issues breaking tackles. Ideally he wouldn't be our work horse back but if he is going to be I would like to see him add 15 more pounds.

This is a complete MIRACLE with Gall on that line. Miami could've done better 4 on 5, as Gall often tackled Yearby himself in the backfield via being pushed onto his ***.

He did better this year but still had issues breaking tackles. Ideally he wouldn't be our work horse back but if he is going to be I would like to see him add 15 more pounds.

I don't see him to be able to add that much more weight. He looked bloated this year.

Advertisement
Back