Joe Yearby...Please say it aint so...

One of the very few things I'll hold against this staff. They did Yearby wrong. Look at the stats -- he produced when he got carries. We benched him for sorry *** Gus Edwards.
This I agree with. I do not understand the appeal of Gus Edwards and that goes from the fans all the way through the staff. Between the two of them there's no question in my mind which one we be better off with having retained them on the roster.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Yearby couldn't pass protect, making him one dimensional for our Offense as defenders knew if he was out there we was either running or going out for a catch.

Advertisement
just wow, kid would of blown up this year, these dudes didn't believe, it may not be a bad thing they gone

I have heard UM gives out lifetime scholarships. Hopefully he can take a few clasess here and there and finish out that degree.

Kaaya's decision to leave is even less defensible.

Yes, Kaaya, the guy who started and played in a scheme that didn't fit him, got drafted, and is now the backup QB for an NFL team made a worse decision than the guy who didn't start, left early, didn't get drafted or get invited to a camp, and is now teaching. Please explain to me how you manage to dress yourself in the morning when insight like this is something you think is worth sharing.

Last edited:
Part of me wants to laugh and part of me feels for him. Who the **** turns down a full scholarship, free food, and free room (at the U or any other school because he could have gone anywhere with a transfer) to become a HS part time football coach? CMR should not have allowed this **** to happen. The man just needed better guidance.

Advertisement
Yearby was one I really enjoyed watching play the game. He didn't have blazing speed but he was a solid college RB, and had the knack of making something out of nothing.

I wish him only the best.

What screwed Yearby was his inability to block, and that he couldn't really distinguish himself from Walton. He was too similar to Walton in size, better vision, but less speed, and couldn't block. Gus Edwards had potential as he was a bigger back, blocked decently, but just never seemed to be able to break through to what he occasionally showed flashes of. Its clear they wanted him to be that bigger consistent back to complement Walton, which is what left Yearby riding the pine. Had Yearby blocked better, he probably would have shared more carries with Walton and distinguished himself more.

Yearby had potential, it was just the lack of break away speed that always kept him from being a "great" back. But his poor blocking is what really doomed him. Otherwise he would have been a consistent contributor and had a lot more carries and probably never ends up 3rd string.

I've seen a lot of players come and go over the years. I don't think I've ever been as confused about a player as I was/am about Yearby - went from 1K yards as a starter, to backup, to third string in less than a year. Still don't think any of us know the real reason. Then decides to enter the draft early instead of being a heavily utilized backup at Miami or transferring to start somewhere else as a super senior.

I have respect for him, but just utterly confused by his history at Miami and his decision making over the past year or so.

Totally agree. It was just baffling, I always kind of pulled for him to really shine. A real shame

One of the very few things I'll hold against this staff. They did Yearby wrong. Look at the stats -- he produced when he got carries. We benched him for sorry *** Gus Edwards.

Gus Edwards is the Dwight Howard of college football. A big man who doesn't know how to play big.

Advertisement
I've seen a lot of players come and go over the years. I don't think I've ever been as confused about a player as I was/am about Yearby - went from 1K yards as a starter, to backup, to third string in less than a year. Still don't think any of us know the real reason. Then decides to enter the draft early instead of being a heavily utilized backup at Miami or transferring to start somewhere else as a super senior.

I have respect for him, but just utterly confused by his history at Miami and his decision making over the past year or so.

The pressure of having to feed two kids at that age when you're not ready financially or professionally will cause a lot of otherwise normal people to make bad decisions. Unless you have a family support structure that can provide you with some financial help, it is a very tough situation to be in.

Good luck to him.

With all this said, and your post is 100% spot on, this is a life lesson. Its Joe's fault he has these kids before he is ready to be able to provide for them. I had my first kid and I was 25, that was life changing and I had a "legit job" and so did my wife/girlfriend at the time. The man should have stayed in school and got his degree, that would have been best for his life going forward, now what? Joe was a pure running back no doubt. Walton outworked him though, straight up. thats why Richt and the team love Walton. Last year, I critiqued Walton hard. he was a poor running back, he ran into tackles a lot but he is a grinder and a **** of an athlete. That why he played over Yearby. Yearby didn't earn it, he didn't want it. Yearby looked in poor condition. Walton has tons of upside because of his work ethic even more so than what a great athlete he is. Make no mistake, Richt will play the hardest working players, competition is real. Joe Yearby, of course we wish him well as a human and I loved him as a Cane but he was outworked by Walton. Thats life, now he has to wake up and go back to work hopefully.

The previous staff also loved fattening yearby up

Gus Edwards screwed Yearby. The staff or Thomas Brown seemed to be more enamored with Gus...i dont think he and Yearby got along. Seemed like they recruited Gus to stay...didnt really care much for Yearby..Yearby declares..Gus still transfers.

Yearby is/was a legend since optomist. Those guys have the WHOLE neighborhodd area in their ear. (see Willie Williams). His friend Dalvin Cook sets the world on fire and declares..the hood is in his ear about how he is just as good ya yada..he has two kids by and older chic than him that doeS nothing much either..so the pressure was on. Would have liked him to finish his career here as our back up rb splitting carries and providing more film for an nfl shot.

He's better than Dalvin Cook

-Half of this board

To be fair, how surprised will you be if cook washes out of the NFL? It's a fair point that it will take Yearby a decade to make what cook already has, but I wouldn't put any money on cook amounting to much.

Advertisement
This I agree with. I do not understand the appeal of Gus Edwards and that goes from the fans all the way through the staff. Between the two of them there's no question in my mind which one we be better off with having retained them on the roster.

Yearby couldn't pass protect, making him one dimensional for our Offense as defenders knew if he was out there we was either running or going out for a catch.
Wow. Clears the whole thing up. So when he was is in, the defense knew we were either running or passing.

Plus it has been reported that yearby HayeD school and its Rigors. He's made a lot of bad decisions. From having TWO kids to declaring.

Cook is more beloved on this board then Yearby. ******* pathetic putrid fan base we have.

Advertisement
A decision this man will have to live with the rest of his life and I'm sure he'll regret it. I wish him nothing but luck. Like many has said he'll need to get that degree.

Wow. Clears the whole thing up. So when he was is in, the defense knew we were either running or passing.

:jordan::jordan::jordan:
I just spit my drink all over my keyboard.

Advertisement
Back