Joe Salave’a

@Brooklyndee Feld? Seems like he’s respected in the business but I’m concerned he might just be another rah rah guy. I think he’s way better than Feeley. But I remember scratching my head in games where Oregon got overpowered when they shouldn’t have.

Partridge was a dream but some people are content in low pressure situations. I’m fine with Joe.

The RBs for the next cycle are absolute studs. We need one or two of them. I don’t know how Mastro will do in SFL but Mario can close.

Overall, the names rumored are huge upgrades and if the coordinators come to fruition, that’s an elite staff.

I also hope Mario places a great deal of importance on the analysts.

Advertisement
Brother, understand there's a bigger picture at play. Same as with salvea we're bringing people well established on West coast. The point is being able to recruit nationally. The two of them enable us to do that well. The running back position recruits itself locally. It doesn't require some world beater. We live in a landscape of fast undersized kids who running back comes naturally to. What we need is a coach to develop them and mastro hits on that in every quarter. Don't let these miserable fools who don't know football convince you theres a reason to worry. There's ZERO concern here. Just relax and enjoy the process. If there's one thing you should've learned on here it's everyone thinks there's pros etc and the world should move based on their assessments. Meanwhile they never played past jv or deep on the bench for varsity. It's like Al Bundy is in charge of our staff evaluations. We're good brother.

Hold it now Dee. We not gonna treat Al Bundy like he wasn't All City back in 1966.

5bec40aa58b0314d47297ceff0ad3bf1.jpg

Advertisement
Has it been mentioned yet that this dude recruited Francis Mauigoa's brother to Washington state

I knew he was there at the same time for a year but I didn’t know he recruited his brother. That is HUGE. He is the early leader for my #1 must get for ‘23.

Advertisement
brooklyn, what makes feld not tingle your toes?
Several things. #1 I've questioned there conditioning late game on some of the fast paced squads & biggest issue is alot of big injuries. Only so much a s & c can do about that but proper preparation and training can help limit it somewhat. I would've loved Tommy to come back.

Advertisement
You need some teachers on staff, especially at key positions like on the lines and at QB/LB. Just having a bunch of salespeople on staff, and no one that can actually coach is a surefire way to be 10-2 year after year. Miami needs to rediscover the art of player development and out executing the opposition, not just outtalenting. That's the difference between the elites and the also rans. Hopefully Mario learned from Nick Saban, who has said year after year when it comes to building staffs "There are few guys that can recruit at a high level AND teach. You want a legit mix of those guys because you need someone to develop the talent that is brought in"
You're absolutely right. With that in mind Mirabal is definitely top 3 in recruiting and development, most important dead on with evals, Mac top 3 wr coach. Beast recruiter and I look forward to seeing him develop these kids down here. Mastro when it comes to evals and development top teir. Recruiting is whatever but that's not what we need him for. Salavea still is developing but far better than anything besides Kool that we've had in a while. Far better recruiter than Kool. Support staff will be elite. Coordinators are where we cut our teeth.

Advertisement
Can this guy relate to overtown ? And the inner city kids ? That’s the question
At this point, I don't give a **** anymore. Could Jimmy relate to the kids in Overtown? How about Butch? Manny played well in the living rooms, because he is a BS artist, but it didn't matter. Give me coaches that can and will show the families of potential student athletes that Miami stands for discipline, execution and commitment to excellence on the field, while providing a world class educational experience and you will win recruiting battles.

These kids aren't relating to Nick Saban, they buy the sales pitch. Period.

Alright, now that my ECW high is over w/,

I’m not sure what some in this fan base wants anymore. We just had chitty play, coaching, evals, & recruiting for yrs, yet I’ve heard:

-“But, but, but I rather have had Lane than Mario, b/c b/c b/c even though Lane ain’t won CHIT in his career as a HC, & he’s not a recruiter, he has an exciting O, bro. Mario only won The Pac-12 b/c, b/c, b/c it’s weak, bro.”

-But, but, but, I rather have Jurich b/c, b/c b/c UL who haven’t won CHIT, became a good program under him. And he’s dirty; we, we need that. Sure Radakovich may have won some Nat’l titles in FOOTBALL, and help build Clemson into a power, but, but, but we don’t need facilities, bro, & Jurich was a great AD back in 2013 when UL vacated the BASKETBALL Nat’l title. He’s innocent, I tell u, b/c he received a severance package!”

Now I’m hearing, chit about Joe. Lol. U all been begging for Polynesians, and while @Paranos tried his best to bring up every cot **** Polynesian recruit or Portal candidate to will them to us, I’ve been very clear we’ve had zero shot b/c we didn’t have the infrastructure both from a program or community standpoint. Now? We’ll have that opp; yet, more complaining?

“But, but, but Partridge, bro.” I get it; I wanted Partridge, too, but let’s stop acting like Joe is some *******!
-His avg recruiting composite rating is a 89.6 which is a low 4*. Partridge avg recruiting rank is 84.1 which is a 3 star (Fun fact, Partridge has only recruited four 4* kids in his entire career, and zero 5* kids)

-Joe helped recruit the #2 LB, #4 LB, #2 DE, #2 OG, #1, #6 OT, & #9 OT IN THE NATION.

-Coaching? I get these last 2 yrs Yrs have been less than stellar, but Oregon’s DL has been very good at getting to the QB & back field since Joe’s been there.

Again, Partridge was my 1st choice, but I’m definitely not complaining if Joe is our coach. Bring me The Usos, and bring me toughness w/o trinkets.

Last edited:
Alright, now that my ECW high is over w/,

I’m not sure what some in this fan base wants anymore. We just had chitty play, coaching, evals, & recruiting for yrs, yet I’ve heard:

-“But, but, but I rather have had Lane than Mario, b/c b/c b/c even though Lane ain’t won CHIT in his career as a HC, & he’s not a recruiter, he has an exciting O, bro, Mario only won The Pac-12 b/c, b/c, b/c it’s weak bro.”

-But, but, but, I rather have Jurich b/c, b/c b/c UL who haven’t won CHIT, became a good program under him. And he’s dirty, we, we need that. Sure Radakovich may have won some Nat’l titles in FOOTBALL, and help build Clemson into a power, but, but, but we don’t need facilities, bro, & Jurich was a great AD back in 2013 when UL vacated the BASKETBALL Nat’l title. He’s innocent, I tell u, b/c he received a severance package!”

Now I’m hearing, chit about Joe. Lol. U all been begging for Polynesians, and while @Paranos tried his best to bring up every cot **** Polynesian recruit or Portal candidate to will them to us, I’ve been very clear we’ve had zero shot b/c we didn’t have the infrastructure both from a program or community standpoint. Now? We’ll have that opp, and more complaining?

“But, but, but Partridge, bro.” I get it; I wanted Partridge, too, but let’s stop acting like Joe is some *******!
-He’s avg recruiting composite rating is a 89.6 which is a low 4*. Partridge avg recruiting rank is 84.1 which is a 3 star (Fun fact, Partridge has only recruited four 4* kids in his entire career, and zero 5* kids)

-Joe helped recruit the #2 LB, #4 LB, #2 DE, #2 OG, #1, #6 OT, & #9 OT IN THE NATION.

-Coaching? I get these last 2 yrs Yrs have been less than stellar, but Oregon’s DL has been very good at getting to the QB & back field since Joe’s been there.

Again, Partridge was my 1st choice, but I’m definitely not complaining if Joe is our coach. Bring me The Usos, and bring me toughness w/o trinkets.
Way too many facts in one coherent statement, the mopes have to get their panties in a bunch over something, or else this isn't CIS.

At this point, I don't give a **** anymore. Could Jimmy relate to the kids in Overtown? How about Butch? Manny played well in the living rooms, because he is a BS artist, but it didn't matter. Give me coaches that can and will show the families of potential student athletes that Miami stands for discipline, execution and commitment to excellence on the field, while providing a world class educational experience and you will win recruiting battles.

These kids aren't relating to Nick Saban, they buy the sales pitch. Period.
And most certainly aren't relating to the Dabo Swinney's of the world

Advertisement
Back