Joe Salave’a

Advertisement
He just had 3 first team All-PAC 12 Defensive Lineman

DI Popo Aumavae,
DI Brandon Dorlus,
ED Kayvon Thibodeaux,

Miami has never had a 1st team All conference defensive tackle and this guy just had 2 in one season
Dorlus is from Deerfield, and Dorlus wasn’t recruited by us. Joe Salave’a went across country in our own backyard and took a 3-star DT recruit we ignored, developed him into first team all PAC12, and the Canes have struggled to find a first team all conference DL? I like Jes, but i am all for this hire if this is Mario’s choice

Last edited:
[="supersaiyanshel, post: 3729415, member: 7986"]
Man, if the University wants Manny he's still in play. If anything the BOT's and President will be ****ed bc now they have to pay a (modest) buyout to Temple that they wouldn't have had to a month ago.

But Manny ain't the slide anyway. I mean he's an upgrade, but we can and should do better.

One of my best we can do better posts.

Ill be more than happy to revist this one in a few seasons, and I hope to say "I was wrong about buddy. That D Line is snatching souls like Shang Tsung" instead of "I told you so."

We all want whats best. I'll be rooting for Big Joe, reservations and all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jess is a good technical coach imo.

None of the other 3 DL coaches have coached in the NFL.

This year he had the worst DL talent in the last 6 years of the Diaz era.

The year he had Jackson and Willis, he fielded the best DL of the Diaz era. Best against the run, and TFL.

He just isn't a developed recruiter. Not much experience doing it, and he has moved around so much.
Yeah a bunch of 4 star dlinemen were the worst talent in school history, okay

What’s your take on mastro? He’s a fantastic RB coach but he’s a west coast guy and not sure how good of a crooter he is
Brother, understand there's a bigger picture at play. Same as with salvea we're bringing people well established on West coast. The point is being able to recruit nationally. The two of them enable us to do that well. The running back position recruits itself locally. It doesn't require some world beater. We live in a landscape of fast undersized kids who running back comes naturally to. What we need is a coach to develop them and mastro hits on that in every quarter. Don't let these miserable fools who don't know football convince you theres a reason to worry. There's ZERO concern here. Just relax and enjoy the process. If there's one thing you should've learned on here it's everyone thinks there's pros etc and the world should move based on their assessments. Meanwhile they never played past jv or deep on the bench for varsity. It's like Al Bundy is in charge of our staff evaluations. We're good brother.

Advertisement
They used to run the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale. We went as 7th and 8th graders. A true life-changing experience. You had New Jack blasting Natural Born Killaz the entire match hitting dudes with guitars, then 5 minutes later the crowd is yelling “Show Your ****” at Francine and Dawn Marie while they dance around like strippers.

It will never be topped in wrestling. The unlicensed music makes a huge difference.

All facts; I couldn’t wait to tell my friends about ECW. It used to come on in L.A at random times on obscure channels. First time I heard cursing on the mic. Lol.
-Francine bending over to get into the ring w/ the camera under her skirt showing her thong.
-New Jack jumping from the balcony onto some poor soul on a table while Natural Born Killaz played the entire time.
-RVD 5 star splashing on the way over the side of the ring.
-Taz supplexing anyone & everyone from all different angles, creating his F The World title b/c no one gave him a shot.
-Rhino spearing the unwanted Dudley, Spike Dudley through tables
-Mike Awesome power bombing dudes on to the tables outside of the ring.
-Fans throwing chairs into the ring.
-And Sabu defying gravity or his own well being by doing chit before it’s time, that’s popularized today.

Brother D, I can’t tell u how much ECW changed wrestling, and then u’ll see a random star from another promotion come through. Man, nostalgia. I miss ECW; we’ll never see anything like it again.

I’ll get to Joe in a minute. Lol.

I had a buddy who worked security for events when they would blow into town back in the day. One day out of nowhere he calls me and says ECW is short on security for a show that was taking place that same night. Something about the fire Marshall telling them they needed more bodies for the event. Dude asked me if I wanted in. Lol. I was like **** yeah I want in.
I called in sick and showed up for work at this small arena in Kissimmee at around 4 pm and they gave me a shirt and pretty much told me where I needed to be at a certain time and that was it. It was insane. I got to see all of the wrestlers in their element before during and after the show. I got to chop it up with Shane Douglass, Dreamer, Tommy Rich, The Dudly's, RVD and a few others before the show. Those cats were so down to earth. It seemed like they were having the time of their life. Looked they had free reign to put this show on the way they wanted to. The wrestlers were definitely in charge.
My job that night was ring side security. I posted up at the rail and pretty much let everyone do WTF they wanted. Best seat I've ever had at a pro wrestling event. Thinking back, I don’t think they paid me and I didn't even care. Great night and one I'll never forget. So much crazy **** happened at that show. It got hairy a few times when they were ***ing each other up outside the ring. Definitely had to stay on my toes.

Man I’m so jealous of u right now, bro. I’ve been to WCW, WWF (not E), NWA, & TNA live shows. I always wanted to go a ECW show, but by the time it moved to the Sci Fi channel, it wasn’t the same, and WWE just nuked it all together. Man, thanks for sharing; that’s dope!

Advertisement
All facts; I couldn’t wait to tell my friends about ECW. It used to come on in L.A at random times on obscure channels. First time I heard cursing on the mic. Lol.
-Francine bending over to get into the ring w/ the camera under her skirt showing her thong.
-New Jack jumping from the balcony onto some poor soul on a table while Natural Born Killaz played the entire time.
-RVD 5 star splashing on the way over the side of the ring.
-Taz supplexing anyone & everyone from all different angles, creating his F The World title b/c no one gave him a shot.
-Rhino spearing the unwanted Dudley, Spike Dudley through tables
-Mike Awesome power bombing dudes on to the tables outside of the ring.
-Fans throwing chairs into the ring.
-And Sabu defying gravity or his own well being by doing chit before it’s time, that’s popularized today.

Brother D, I can’t tell u how much ECW changed wrestling, and then u’ll see a random star from another promotion come through. Man, nostalgia. I miss ECW; we’ll never see anything like it again.

I’ll get to Joe in a minute. Lol.
Take your time bruh, take your time. You having a moment rn!

Man I’m so jealous of u right now, bro. I’ve been to WCW, WWF (not E), NWA, & TNA live shows. I always wanted to go a ECW show, but by the time it moved to the Sci Fi channel, it wasn’t the same, and WWE just nuked it all together. Man, thanks for sharing; that’s dope!
Talk to the chair of the school’s board. I went to an ECW show at the FTL war memorial. We stuck around after to chat with the wrestlers. I got a piece of a table that RVD put someone through signed by about all of them. A wild, wild night that was. Truly brought out characters from every corner of society.

Advertisement
a staff full of recruiters, with competent coordinators, that's my dream staff

I expect Mario to get a staff with guys he's comfortable with.
You need some teachers on staff, especially at key positions like on the lines and at QB/LB. Just having a bunch of salespeople on staff, and no one that can actually coach is a surefire way to be 10-2 year after year. Miami needs to rediscover the art of player development and out executing the opposition, not just outtalenting. That's the difference between the elites and the also rans. Hopefully Mario learned from Nick Saban, who has said year after year when it comes to building staffs "There are few guys that can recruit at a high level AND teach. You want a legit mix of those guys because you need someone to develop the talent that is brought in"

Advertisement
Back