Joe Salave’a

Let the arguments begin.

1640373350376.png

Advertisement
Let the arguments begin.

View attachment 169284

I was a Partridge guy but I have warmed up to the idea of Salave'a, truly. Discovering that he truly developed some guys at Oregon, both highly touted guys and guys not so highly touted along with the potential to bring us some uso's truly has me excited.

BUT

Stop referencing this **** list, lol. This is just some random guy's opinion. This is no different than if KrazyKane put a list together and some Oklahoma State fan saying "See, this list has our guy as a top 20 DL coach!". Stop posting this, lol.

Not many to your first question,, which is kinda part of my point. We don't want the regular. We want the rare and special.

How many teams playing for championships are doing so without dominant DLs? Could you name Meeechigans DL coach or Cincinatti's off the top of your head (you probably could, bc you're an OG 😁) Or Utahs ? They don't have to be a big name and not what I'm advocating.

Do we want to be good, or great? Do we want to be great,, or elite? JS's entire body of work screams Tier 2, bend-dont-break style. Willie overpaid for him.

You talking his work w 3 stars, well look at what someone like Partridge is doing w that same level of talent. There's no comparison. (And yes, I know CP ain't coming, just using the example).

As you said, this guy is a good coach. I never once said he was a bad coach. But our last 3 DL coaches were good too and more productive, and nobody would say we couldn't do better than any of those guys.

Would love -- and hope -- I'm wrong. Nothing personal. I just want to see us win the way I know we should and can. We shall see.
DL Production stats can be very misleading when judging the overall play of a DL, Manny scheme was based around the DL constantly attacking and getting in the backfield, so his DL is going to have a lot of production via TFL and Sacks but we have been gashed in the run game and in the air due to our DL not holding containment or shooting the wrong gap. Now let's look at Oregon DL when it came to stopping the Run

2017 Oregon 3.5 YPC 18th overall
2018 Oregon 3.8 YPC 32nd Overall
2019 Oregon 3.3 YPC 12th Overall
2020 Covid year and the Pac 12 only played a few Games
2021 Oregon 3.7 YPC 30th Overall

So the 4 full seasons hes coached DL they have yet to allow over 3.8YPC and that's in the Pac 12 we're they have very good OLs with a lot of offense. I haven't watched a lot of film on their DL but it's definitely hinting towards then playing quality assignment based football and doing their job.

Advertisement
I’m also not certain why the expectation seems to be hiring someone new to mario at every role as if he was going to feel his old staff was ****. Every coach takes some position coaches with him And keep a few from old staff. Then you spend $$ on the main coordinators or some elite recruiters. We aren’t Bama money wise and Mario isn’t Nick yet so we aren’t getting ex nfl coaches on the rehab tour coaching the OL. As long as all of them are good recruiters and considered at the top end of their specialization that works for me.
What fans wanna hear is we poached so and so coach from Bama, he was Saban right hand man but we took him. We got so and so from Georgia, we outbidded Georgia for him. Kirby BIG mad.😁 etc.....

I was a Partridge gut but I have warmed up to the idea of Salave'a, truly. Discovering that he truly developed some guys at Oregon, both highly touted guys and guys not so highly touted along with the potential to bring us some uso's truly has me excited.

BUT

Stop referencing this **** list, lol. This is just some random guy's opinion. This is no different than if KrazyKane put a list together and some Oklahoma State fan saying "See, this list has our guy as a top 20 DL coach!". Stop posting this, lol.
Hey, everyone was coming hard with their own opinions, so I figured this would add fuel to the fire. Nothing like watching CIS burn! :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Well as I said in the beginning of this I was gonna stay off of here & let y'all enjoy the process. I've stayed off but naturally convincing this crowd to sit back and simply enjoy something is absurd & other people simply disappoint me how much they need attention on here and can't simply sit back themselves. I'll say this, the people Mario has brought over from Oregon minus feld and to an extent salavea are ELITE... There's no discussion necessary behind it. Oline,rb & wr are simply ELITE hires. Salavea from my understanding became official because partridge was trying to start a bidding war between us and Pitt and Clint wanted a DC title(and honestly regardless of Clint being my brother and him being a former cane, he ain't it...) Salavea is a **** good coach but FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY his relevance to us is he keeps alive those west coast connections and even more importantly the ability to get some Tongans etc in here... There's strategy behind things that start with recruiting being what y'all usually die for. He's a **** good recruiter and he's a top 10 coach as well. I get some of y'all would like top 3 but is what it is. He'll do very well here and y'all will see he's elite compared to anything we've had quickly. Feld on the other hand I'm not crazy about. The other two coaches y'all have seen tagged in Williams and the secondary dude are support staff. So everyone calm down with the whole he's bringing everyone from Oregon (he's not) or any sub par thing cause only position coaches he's brought in from there have been elite. What really matters is the coordinator hires which I have a feeling y'all should like. I do so simply chill out.
Preach brother. Preach!!!

Advertisement
When I was on the CL show it was before anyone other than Mirabal was hired. When i said there'd likely be more Oregon coaches coming I meant Salivea, McClendon , Mastro , maybe chance and Williams . So it's likely half the on field staff will be his guys from Oregon. Maybe some of them going to off field and possibly more off field coaches coming from Oregon.

Not sure if everyone was expecting a dream team staff because of Miami spending money but that's a good staff. Thats before including the coordinators. The coordinators , analysts and support staff is an area I expect Mario to dramatically improve things. People are forgetting that area and how important if is. All the money isn't just going to on field coaches. Analysts is something to watch going forward.
That last paragraph is so true and might be the most important hires outside of to OC/DC

Well as I said in the beginning of this I was gonna stay off of here & let y'all enjoy the process. I've stayed off but naturally convincing this crowd to sit back and simply enjoy something is absurd & other people simply disappoint me how much they need attention on here and can't simply sit back themselves. I'll say this, the people Mario has brought over from Oregon minus feld and to an extent salavea are ELITE... There's no discussion necessary behind it. Oline,rb & wr are simply ELITE hires. Salavea from my understanding became official because partridge was trying to start a bidding war between us and Pitt and Clint wanted a DC title(and honestly regardless of Clint being my brother and him being a former cane, he ain't it...) Salavea is a **** good coach but FAR MORE IMPORTANTLY his relevance to us is he keeps alive those west coast connections and even more importantly the ability to get some Tongans etc in here... There's strategy behind things that start with recruiting being what y'all usually die for. He's a **** good recruiter and he's a top 10 coach as well. I get some of y'all would like top 3 but is what it is. He'll do very well here and y'all will see he's elite compared to anything we've had quickly. Feld on the other hand I'm not crazy about. The other two coaches y'all have seen tagged in Williams and the secondary dude are support staff. So everyone calm down with the whole he's bringing everyone from Oregon (he's not) or any sub par thing cause only position coaches he's brought in from there have been elite. What really matters is the coordinator hires which I have a feeling y'all should like. I do so simply chill out.
Where you errored is some of these miserable ***** are going to whine about the coordinator hires. Book it.

you better trust that Snuka’s knees will hit the mat first and absorb most of the impact. Snuka had to be a great athlete.
I don't follow wrasslin' much, but did see a color interview with The Big Show.

Interviewer: "Is wrestling fake?"

Big Show: "You can't fake gravity."

Advertisement
I’ll comment on Joe later, as I lol/smh on some of these post, but I’ve been to a lot of live wrestling action, and I posted on here a clip of my uncle doing a promo for WWF, so I’ve had close interactions w/ several wrestlers.

ECW turned wrestling upside down, including Shane Douglas introducing it to the masses w/o NWA execs knowing. They did things that revolutionized wrestling; bring back yard wrestling into mainstream. My boy went to a live taping & said it was the best chit ever; fans were encouraged to riot, music blaring during matches. Lol. WWE messed up everything. When they monopolized everything, they became lazy.

I personally enjoy AEW which has re-established wrasslin. They can clean it up a bit w/ some storylines, but I like how other promotion belts can be up for grab & vise versa.
They used to run the War Memorial in Fort Lauderdale. We went as 7th and 8th graders. A true life-changing experience. You had New Jack blasting Natural Born Killaz the entire match hitting dudes with guitars, then 5 minutes later the crowd is yelling “Show Your ****” at Francine and Dawn Marie while they dance around like strippers.

It will never be topped in wrestling. The unlicensed music makes a huge difference.

I’ll comment on Joe later, as I lol/smh on some of these post, but I’ve been to a lot of live wrestling action, and I posted on here a clip of my uncle doing a promo for WWF, so I’ve had close interactions w/ several wrestlers.

ECW turned wrestling upside down, including Shane Douglas introducing it to the masses w/o NWA execs knowing. They did things that revolutionized wrestling; bring back yard wrestling into mainstream. My boy went to a live taping & said it was the best chit ever; fans were encouraged to riot, music blaring during matches. Lol. WWE messed up everything. When they monopolized everything, they became lazy.

I personally enjoy AEW which has re-established wrasslin. They can clean it up a bit w/ some storylines, but I like how other promotion belts can be up for grab & vise versa.
ECW was wild. In 6th grade we used to tape its shows (you're talking like 3 and 4 am broadcasts) and watch. Sabu, Dudley Boys, Stan Hansen, Tommy Dreamer, Lance Storm, Bam Bam Bigelow, and of course RVD.

It had a niche following in Florida for sure.

Advertisement
I had a buddy who worked security for events when they would blow into town back in the day. One day out of nowhere he calls me and says ECW is short on security for a show that was taking place that same night. Something about the fire Marshall telling them they needed more bodies for the event. Dude asked me if I wanted in. Lol. I was like **** yeah I want in.
I called in sick and showed up for work at this small arena in Kissimmee at around 4 pm and they gave me a shirt and pretty much told me where I needed to be at a certain time and that was it. It was insane. I got to see all of the wrestlers in their element before during and after the show. I got to chop it up with Shane Douglass, Dreamer, Tommy Rich, The Dudly's, RVD and a few others before the show. Those cats were so down to earth. It seemed like they were having the time of their life. Looked they had free reign to put this show on the way they wanted to. The wrestlers were definitely in charge.
My job that night was ring side security. I posted up at the rail and pretty much let everyone do WTF they wanted. Best seat I've ever had at a pro wrestling event. Thinking back, I don’t think they paid me and I didn't even care. Great night and one I'll never forget. So much crazy **** happened at that show. It got hairy a few times when they were ***ing each other up outside the ring. Definitely had to stay on my toes.

E-CEE-DUB!!

When I was on the CL show it was before anyone other than Mirabal was hired. When i said there'd likely be more Oregon coaches coming I meant Salivea, McClendon , Mastro , maybe chance and Williams . So it's likely half the on field staff will be his guys from Oregon. Maybe some of them going to off field and possibly more off field coaches coming from Oregon.

Not sure if everyone was expecting a dream team staff because of Miami spending money but that's a good staff. Thats before including the coordinators. The coordinators , analysts and support staff is an area I expect Mario to dramatically improve things. People are forgetting that area and how important if is. All the money isn't just going to on field coaches. Analysts is something to watch going forward.
Preach

Advertisement
Back