Joe Salave’a

You're absolutely right. With that in mind Mirabal is definitely top 3 in recruiting and development, most important dead on with evals, Mac top 3 wr coach. Beast recruiter and I look forward to seeing him develop these kids down here. Mastro when it comes to evals and development top teir. Recruiting is whatever but that's not what we need him for. Salavea still is developing but far better than anything besides Kool that we've had in a while. Far better recruiter than Kool. Support staff will be elite. Coordinators are where we cut our teeth.

I dont expect Mario to have a 'perfect' staff right off the bat, especially given the time frame. Butch had to shuffle things a bit when he had to let Bill Miller go as DC after 98, and brought in this young guy with some fancy blitz packages on 3rd down from Penn St., Schiano.

Right now, I just want Cristobal to set a firm foundation. He can tweak stuff later

Last edited:
Advertisement
You're absolutely right. With that in mind Mirabal is definitely top 3 in recruiting and development, most important dead on with evals, Mac top 3 wr coach. Beast recruiter and I look forward to seeing him develop these kids down here. Mastro when it comes to evals and development top teir. Recruiting is whatever but that's not what we need him for. Salavea still is developing but far better than anything besides Kool that we've had in a while. Far better recruiter than Kool. Support staff will be elite. Coordinators are where we cut our teeth.
I dont Think bmac a top 3 receiver coach in terms of coaching but he is top 3 in terms of recruiting though

Advertisement
Salavea still is developing but far better than anything besides Kool that we've had in a while.

Great minds think alike, I tried to tell these bozos that Kuligowski was an elite DLC.
Alright, now that my ECW high is over w/,

I’m not sure what some in this fan base wants anymore. We just had chitty play, coaching, evals, & recruiting for yrs, yet I’ve heard:

-“But, but, but I rather have had Lane than Mario, b/c b/c b/c even though Lane ain’t won CHIT in his career as a HC, & he’s not a recruiter, he has an exciting O, bro, Mario only won The Pac-12 b/c, b/c, b/c it’s weak bro.”

-But, but, but, I rather have Jurich b/c, b/c b/c UL who haven’t won CHIT, became a good program under him. And he’s dirty, we, we need that. Sure Radakovich may have won some Nat’l titles in FOOTBALL, and help build Clemson into a power, but, but, but we don’t need facilities, bro, & Jurich was a great AD back in 2013 when UL vacated the BASKETBALL Nat’l title. He’s innocent, I tell u, b/c he received a severance package!”

Now I’m hearing, chit about Joe. Lol. U all been begging for Polynesians, and while @Paranos tried his best to bring up every cot **** Polynesian recruit or Portal candidate to will them to us, I’ve been very clear we’ve had zero shot b/c we didn’t have the infrastructure both from a program or community standpoint. Now? We’ll have that opp, and more complaining?

“But, but, but Partridge, bro.” I get it; I wanted Partridge, too, but let’s stop acting like Joe is some *******!
-He’s avg recruiting composite rating is a 89.6 which is a low 4*. Partridge avg recruiting rank is 84.1 which is a 3 star (Fun fact, Partridge has only recruited four 4* kids in his entire career, and zero 5* kids)

-Joe helped recruit the #2 LB, #4 LB, #2 DE, #2 OG, #1, #6 OT, & #9 OT IN THE NATION.

-Coaching? I get these last 2 yrs Yrs have been less than stellar, but Oregon’s DL has been very good at getting to the QB & back field since Joe’s been there.

Again, Partridge was my 1st choice, but I’m definitely not complaining if Joe is our coach. Bring me The Usos, and bring me toughness w/o trinkets.

"Community standpoint"?

Have you ever been to the 305, ain't too many Polynesians down here, Tua & Salave'a are probably the only 2 LOL.

Call me a pessismist, but I doubt we'll see a large influx of Polynesians flocking to Miami because we have a Polynesian DLC, but I'd love to see it though.

Great minds think alike, I tried to tell these bozos that Kuligowski was an elite DLC.

"Community standpoint"?

Have you ever been to the 305, ain't too many Polynesians down here, Tua & Salave'a are probably the only 2 LOL.

Call me a pessismist, but I doubt we'll see a large influx of Polynesians flocking to Miami because we have a Polynesian DLC, but I'd love to see it though.
Kul isn't elite at all, is he even employed?

Isn’t elite at all 🤣 come on. He was known as top 3-5 d line coach for close to 10 years. Before getting poached by Saban. He now has a elevated role at Toledo
I consider his entire role as a coach which includes recruiting, he sucked at that. If you're talking about specifically coaching only, maybe he was top 5 but if you can't recruit at all, who cares?

Advertisement
I consider his entire role as a coach which includes recruiting, he sucked at that. If you're talking about specifically coaching only, maybe he was top 5 but if you can't recruit at all, who cares?
No argument there. From a teaching standpoint he’s off the charts good. Watching our d line play under his reign was like a work of art. Just the practice clips during his tenure shows the attention to detail and energy he makes his d line play with. Great leverage and violent *** hands. Hopefully S’alave can replicate that because it went missing as soon as Kuligowski left, excluding 18 because his teaching was still engraved in our guys head when Simpson took over

Kul isn't elite at all, is he even employed?

He has been at Toledo the last couple of years.

Burned some bridges along the way and he must have sucked at interviews because he never got the NFL job he desperately wanted despite multiple interviews with NFL teams over the years.

Advertisement

"Community standpoint"?

Ummmm; which is y I said u need a coach who’s familiar w/ the community or an already established community . Miami had neither.

Joe Moorehead was a pretty solid hire, I just don't think he had a QB in place to run his best offense
Exactly!

Moorehead was just coming off being a HC and Mario snatched him to be his OC in Sabanesque style.

Other than that, Brown was a highly regarded QB recruit when they got him. Nobody knew he wouldn’t be very good and it still isn’t too late for him. I imagine the guy many of us hope is our next OC (Briles) would be able to do even more with Brown than Moorehead did.

Advertisement
Brother, understand there's a bigger picture at play. Same as with salvea we're bringing people well established on West coast. The point is being able to recruit nationally. The two of them enable us to do that well. The running back position recruits itself locally. It doesn't require some world beater. We live in a landscape of fast undersized kids who running back comes naturally to. What we need is a coach to develop them and mastro hits on that in every quarter. Don't let these miserable fools who don't know football convince you theres a reason to worry. There's ZERO concern here. Just relax and enjoy the process. If there's one thing you should've learned on here it's everyone thinks there's pros etc and the world should move based on their assessments. Meanwhile they never played past jv or deep on the bench for varsity. It's like Al Bundy is in charge of our staff evaluations. We're good brother.
It’s almost like you said the same thing 3 weeks ago….

All facts; I couldn’t wait to tell my friends about ECW. It used to come on in L.A at random times on obscure channels. First time I heard cursing on the mic. Lol.
-Francine bending over to get into the ring w/ the camera under her skirt showing her thong.
-New Jack jumping from the balcony onto some poor soul on a table while Natural Born Killaz played the entire time.
-RVD 5 star splashing on the way over the side of the ring.
-Taz supplexing anyone & everyone from all different angles, creating his F The World title b/c no one gave him a shot.
-Rhino spearing the unwanted Dudley, Spike Dudley through tables
-Mike Awesome power bombing dudes on to the tables outside of the ring.
-Fans throwing chairs into the ring.
-And Sabu defying gravity or his own well being by doing chit before it’s time, that’s popularized today.

Brother D, I can’t tell u how much ECW changed wrestling, and then u’ll see a random star from another promotion come through. Man, nostalgia. I miss ECW; we’ll never see anything like it again.

I’ll get to Joe in a minute. Lol.
ECW was wild man. Some of the stuff they were doing, was like illegal in 15 states. I remember New Jack basically maiming a dude on live TV. The dude wasn’t even a real wrestler. Scarred that dude for life. Then he **** near killed a guy doing a stunt from the balcony. Of course New Jack was hopped up on cocaine at the time, but he was a **** maniac.

ECW was wild man. Some of the stuff they were doing, was like illegal in 15 states. I remember New Jack basically maiming a dude on live TV. The dude wasn’t even a real wrestler. Scarred that dude for life. Then he **** near killed a guy doing a stunt from the balcony. Of course New Jack was hopped up on cocaine at the time, but he was a **** maniac.

Yeah, if iirc the documentary correctly, they weren’t even allowed to perform in certain states.

Also, NJ admitted to trying to kill that one wrestler. Apparently they had a match beforehand where dude was reckless & seriously injured New Jack. I believe he said he approached dude in the back & he had a careless attitude about the incident. So when they had a s scaffold match, New Jack was supposed to throw ole boy on to the center of the tables to break his fall. This fool purposely threw him beyond the contact point, trying throw him str8 on to the ring. Lol.

He said he was angry he didn’t throw him far enough, and he caught part of the table to break his fall.

Exactly!

Moorehead was just coming off being a HC and Mario snatched him to be his OC in Sabanesque style.

Other than that, Brown was a highly regarded QB recruit when they got him. Nobody knew he wouldn’t be very good and it still isn’t too late for him. I imagine the guy many of us hope is our next OC (Briles) would be able to do even more with Brown than Moorehead did.

Did u just say Brown was a highly regarded QB?

Advertisement
Back