Joe Rose's sauces

If we lose to UNC and Butch is the hire, they better do it then, because if we lose I think you may start to see more de-commits.

Who cares about de-commits at this point? We've sucked for 12 years! Last thing that matters at this point is a few verbal commitments.

Advertisement
The []_[];2363864 said:
The more time that goes by the less & less chance I think Butch is coming. Why wait if he's the guy? Shoulda been hired the day after Golden was fired & he would put together a top 5 recruiting class with his eyes closed.

While I want Butch as the head coach as well, it would be a horrible decision to not interview other candidates. We can't do that in season while guys like Herman and Strong, Nfl coaches are still in the middle of their season. I don't want to just hire Butch because he's available. I want to make sure that he is the best for the job and we won't know that if we can only speak to him and other jobless coaches right now.

Despite all the anguish and mental *********ion over this hire, the above is exactly the right approach for the admin to take. Any less due diligence leaves them open to major criticism, not to mention potentially missing out on the home run hire I believe most Canes fans are hoping for. I like Butch as a potential head coach, but I also want to make certain it's the right choice all things considered. You don't get that confidence making a knee jerk hire. All I want is for them to get this right so I can start enjoying Hurricane football again.

Major criticism from whom? I'm not saying I disagree with interviewing others, but not for the reason of evading criticism.

Other interviews (if their interested in us) should be...

Hue Jackson
Chud
Pagano
Strong
Herman

Then make decision soon after.

The []_[];2363864 said:
The more time that goes by the less & less chance I think Butch is coming. Why wait if he's the guy? Shoulda been hired the day after Golden was fired & he would put together a top 5 recruiting class with his eyes closed.

While I want Butch as the head coach as well, it would be a horrible decision to not interview other candidates. We can't do that in season while guys like Herman and Strong, Nfl coaches are still in the middle of their season. I don't want to just hire Butch because he's available. I want to make sure that he is the best for the job and we won't know that if we can only speak to him and other jobless coaches right now.

Please, like the BOT needs another ****ing excuse to show their stupidity.

All we need is for some other hot schitt car salesman to come in with a 400 page binder and slick his way past the bean, potato, eggplant, and TOMATO counters. The BOT's impressive hiring record in the HC and AD office, over the past 15 years is PROOF of their uber INCOMPETENCE.

WTF! Who exactly has a resume that's even a scintilla in comparison to Butch?

How would we know Butch could've done what he did in the past if we didn't give him the opportunity to pitch his plan to us? Other candidates need to be heard imo. If Butch fails then what?

The []_[];2364119 said:
The []_[];2363864 said:

All we need is for some other hot schitt car salesman to come in with a 400 page binder and slick his way past the bean, potato, eggplant, and TOMATO counters. The BOT's impressive hiring record in the HC and AD office, over the past 15 years is PROOF of their uber INCOMPETENCE.

How would we know Butch could've done what he did in the past if we didn't give him the opportunity to pitch his plan to us? Other candidates need to be heard imo. If Butch fails then what?

If "fill in the ******* blank" fails then what? Butch is a known commodity. Quit acting like a waffle.

After the Shula rumors I'm even wanting Butch now . Sign him up and let's go.

This is why we have to ALL get behind ONE candidate. The BOT will **** this up, if left to their own devices. The past is prologue.

Advertisement
The []_[];2364119 said:
The []_[];2363864 said:

If "fill in the ******* blank" fails then what? Butch is a known commodity. Quit acting like a waffle.

LMAO

There's no way Shula was offered the job...no way.

Shula wouldn't resign while coaching an 8-0 team and the program isn't going to sit around and wait for their coaches season to end a week or two before signing day.

Im not sure I believe what Joe, Joe, Joe says, even according to his sauces. The guy just sounds like he's been tagged in the head coming across the middle one to many times.

Advertisement
Please let this be true.

Barry Jackson just confirmed it pretty much

Butch Hiring day is 16 away
As of 11-11-2015

Like a fool I went and stayed too long
Now I'm wondering if your love's still strong
Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!

Then that time I went and said goodbye
Now I'm back and not ashamed to cry
Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!

Here I am baby
Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours
You got my future in your hands

[video=youtube;Zkyo3Q54pFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkyo3Q54pFI[/video]

Would obviously be excellent news but didn't Joe Rose already recently mention that he had "sauces" tip him off to a recent meeting between Jimmy and Schiano in the Keys?

Just because Schiano met with Jimmy does not necessarily mean he met with the UM administration, though I am not sure how close/involved JJ is to BOT at UM.

Agreed but the way Joe "reported" the tip it was inferred that Jimmy was acting as a conduit for the school and it wasn't just two guys sharing some conch fritters and beers.

Yeah...right. Like the school or Schiano need third-party intermediary...

This isn't Nixon-to-China stuff....wait, do you even know what that is?

It would be good to get someone who knows the area but I'm sending this guy Miller a letter saying none of: Andy Gustafson, Charlie Tate, Walt Kichefski, Carl Selmer, Pete Elliot, Irl Tubbs, or Howard Buck.

I will personally hire a plane and fly a banner if any of these guys shows up on our sideline next year.

Advertisement
If we lose to UNC and Butch is the hire, they better do it then, because if we lose I think you may start to see more de-commits.

Who cares about de-commits at this point? We've sucked for 12 years! Last thing that matters at this point is a few verbal commitments.

I care about de commits especially if their name is Ahmmon Richards. He is the best true WR in the state of Florida. BTW, Bruce is a slot.

Would obviously be excellent news but didn't Joe Rose already recently mention that he had "sauces" tip him off to a recent meeting between Jimmy and Schiano in the Keys?

Just because Schiano met with Jimmy does not necessarily mean he met with the UM administration, though I am not sure how close/involved JJ is to BOT at UM.

Agreed but the way Joe "reported" the tip it was inferred that Jimmy was acting as a conduit for the school and it wasn't just two guys sharing some conch fritters and beers.

Yeah...right. Like the school or Schiano need third-party intermediary...

This isn't Nixon-to-China stuff....wait, do you even know what that is?

Actually it is just like that....if we still had Donna to play the role of Chairman Mao.

I was just explaining the way Joe Rose was framing his little nugget of a story- not saying that was what is needed or even occurring in relation to the hiring process.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back