Joe Rose's sauces

I find it extremely hard to believe that Cristobal would be hired here as the head coach. Just doesn't make sense. There are so many more qualified coaches in the NCAA and NFL to choose from. Miami needs to inject some serious buzz into this dead program. Enough is enough with these project coaches.

Cristobal's problem at Alabama is that he is an OL coach, I believe. That isn't going to cut it. You spent a couple of years under Saban to intern and learn, great! Now go coach somewhere and turn a Football program around some where outside of FIU. That being said, it would not surprise me at all if Cristobal becomes a good coach down the road. I just feel he needs to prove it first before taking over at Miami.

If the Canes are considering a "position coach" to be their head coach, they should look no further than the 49ers. That's what happens when u hire someone who's under a coordinator.

Advertisement
Mario doesn't deserve an interview based on what he did with Bama.

I understand giving an alum a token interview but once he did that, *** him.

Plus he isn't qualified for the Miami gig, so he shouldn't get an interview because of that either.

Would obviously be excellent news but didn't Joe Rose already recently mention that he had "sauces" tip him off to a recent meeting between Jimmy and Schiano in the Keys?

It only means they met. The more realistic scenario is that Schiano reached out to Jimmy not the other way around.

Advertisement
I think the Cristobal talk is just lazy/dumb journalism. they know the connection he has with Miami and they know Miami has pulled from their "inner circle" in the past.

that aint happenin with Cristobal. not now

I find it extremely hard to believe that Cristobal would be hired here as the head coach. Just doesn't make sense. There are so many more qualified coaches in the NCAA and NFL to choose from. Miami needs to inject some serious buzz into this dead program. Enough is enough with these project coaches.

Cristobal's problem at Alabama is that he is an OL coach, I believe. That isn't going to cut it. You spent a couple of years under Saban to intern and learn, great! Now go coach somewhere and turn a Football program around some where outside of FIU. That being said, it would not surprise me at all if Cristobal becomes a good coach down the road. I just feel he needs to prove it first before taking over at Miami.

You find it extremely hard to believe ??
Let me introduce you to the UM administration.
I find it extremely hard to believe they won't fvck this hire up.

The more time that goes by the less & less chance I think Butch is coming. Why wait if he's the guy? Shoulda been hired the day after Golden was fired & he would put together a top 5 recruiting class with his eyes closed.

Advertisement
The more time that goes by the less & less chance I think Butch is coming. Why wait if he's the guy? Shoulda been hired the day after Golden was fired & he would put together a top 5 recruiting class with his eyes closed.

While I want Butch as the head coach as well, it would be a horrible decision to not interview other candidates. We can't do that in season while guys like Herman and Strong, Nfl coaches are still in the middle of their season. I don't want to just hire Butch because he's available. I want to make sure that he is the best for the job and we won't know that if we can only speak to him and other jobless coaches right now.

The []_[];2363864 said:

While I want Butch as the head coach as well, it would be a horrible decision to not interview other candidates. We can't do that in season while guys like Herman and Strong, Nfl coaches are still in the middle of their season. I don't want to just hire Butch because he's available. I want to make sure that he is the best for the job and we won't know that if we can only speak to him and other jobless coaches right now.

Please, like the BOT needs another ******* excuse to show their stupidity.

All we need is for some other hot schitt car salesman to come in with a 400 page binder and slick his way past the bean, potato, eggplant, and TOMATO counters. The BOT's impressive hiring record in the HC and AD office, over the past 15 years is PROOF of their uber INCOMPETENCE.

WTF! Who exactly has a resume that's even a scintilla in comparison to Butch?

Advertisement

You find it extremely hard to believe ??
Let me introduce you to the UM administration.
I find it extremely hard to believe they won't fvck this hire up.

Shalala is gone - I believe things are changing in regards to the UM admin. Specifically, a few BOT members are starting to direct this thing (as it's apparent Blake James can't, and Shalala had them all by the balls for last 10+ years).

Advertisement
The []_[];2363864 said:

Despite all the anguish and mental *********ion over this hire, the above is exactly the right approach for the admin to take. Any less due diligence leaves them open to major criticism, not to mention potentially missing out on the home run hire I believe most Canes fans are hoping for. I like Butch as a potential head coach, but I also want to make certain it's the right choice all things considered. You don't get that confidence making a knee jerk hire. All I want is for them to get this right so I can start enjoying Hurricane football again.

If we lose to UNC and Butch is the hire, they better do it then, because if we lose I think you may start to see more de-commits.

After the Shula rumors I'm even wanting Butch now . Sign him up and let's go.

Advertisement
Back