Joe Rose Raises Warning Flag!

No one is underestimating Tech. If we struggle with them it's because they are a good team. Their offense is always the same with different players. I put this game on our O. We have to score most times we get the ball. Forcing a couple TOs would help. I also expect Homer to go off and announce himself on the national stage.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how much we can expect from this offense. We could be potentially without Walton, Richards and Donaldson this weekend.

Advertisement
No one is underestimating Tech. If we struggle with them it's because they are a good team. Their offense is always the same with different players. I put this game on our O. We have to score most times we get the ball. Forcing a couple TOs would help. I also expect Homer to go off and announce himself on the national stage.

I'm not sure how much we can expect from this offense. We could be potentially without Walton, Richards and Donaldson this weekend.
I expect them to keep improving. Getting better every game. That's the hallmark of great coaching staff and great team.

For me its all about the health of the front 7. If our front 7 can heal up from what was a very physical FSU game, we should win handily. If our front 7 is too banged up, then we might be in for a much tougher game.

34-21 Canes

That QB is very shifty. Just hope he doesn’t take one of Owens knees with him back to Atlanta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weren't we scheduled to play them on a short week before the hurricane? May not have bye, but can you imagine having to play on Thursday after a rivalry game? I am confident that with a full week of practice Richt will continue his dominance of GT.

Advertisement
It seems like some fans are too scary to enjoy success. Act as if you had an elite team or was always breed success. Why worry about GT, I can understand VT. Should we worry about VGA or evvery team for that matter. Grow a pair.

LoL, if Al Golden was 4-1 versus Paul Johnson, then I wouldn't sound the alarm bells. Richt's record against Georgia Tech is terrific.

How would Joe Rose know that Georgia Tech believes it should truly win the Coastal? Is he talking with Paul Johnson?

Miami is 1-3 in its last 4 years coming off a loss against FSU. Much better position to be in won't you saying coming off a huge road win?

Miami has to fix some things. The Flexbone is a difficult offense to prepare for but let's be honest here. The best team Georgia Tech has beaten is Jacksonville State which is an FCS power. North Carolina and Pitt are awful this year.

More concerned about the injuries to Redwine and Donaldson right now. We already know Walton's status.

We lost when GT was 11-3 in 2014. They're ranked 26th right now and potentially poised for a similar year if they beat us. They'll come to play. That being said they were decent last year at 9-4 and we took care of them on their turf so I'm not worried. Richt knows how to beat them.

The best run defense has always been and will forever be a two touchdown lead. Against Georgia Tech, shutting down the run entirely ts never going to happen. Getting a lead and making tackles in the backfield are critical. They are not built to play behind the scoreboard or the chains.

It seems like some fans are too scary to enjoy success. Act as if you had an elite team or was always breed success. Why worry about GT, I can understand VT. Should we worry about VGA or evvery team for that matter. Grow a pair.

The line is less then a TD at home. It's perfectly fine to worry.

Advertisement
I'd feel a lot better if we had a healthy Walton although it may make our team realize others need to step up. I don't care if we win by one point or 14, just keep winning team!

Some games you want to control clock because the opponent has a quick strike offense. Toledo is a good example of a game where TOP matters. Want to minimize their possessions because they tend to rack up points. Then you have games like FSU where TOP isn't the biggest worry (unless you are leaving D on field too long and they are exhausted in fourth). Then there are these games where the opponent's entire strategy revolves around long, grinding drives that chew clock so that you only have a handful of possessions, they only need to make you punt a couple of times and you are not going to have enough time to match. You can beat the TOP teams by TFLs but that requires exceptional tackling. Can also win by beating them at own TOP game. Have to have strong inside runners. Might be a situation where Walton would have been huge but he's out. Feel good about Homer, but haven't seen how well he runs inside (better outside then Walton imo). "Easiest" strategy is to score quickly as it puts pressure on TOP opponent to match, and that creates opportunity to get turnovers. I see Richt being creative (no need to hide anything now that FSU has been conquered), another solid game for Berrios and a monster game for AR82, who will catch 3 or 4 deep balls.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Today, and for what it’s worth, Joe Rose said that he’s worried about the Canes upcoming game with Georgia Tech for more than a few reasons.

He pointed out the normal fall off teams have after a big win, especially one when it’s against your biggest rival at their place after having not beaten them for 7 straight years. This fall off is exacerbated by so many well meaning family, friends and fans offering effusive praise, thus focus and desire can be negatively impacted.

Additionally, Georgia Tech’s abilities are under appreciated and they are better than advertised. Of course, the additional week of preparation and healing for Georgia Tech is of great benefit to them.

As a final point, Rose indicated that Georgia Tech TRULY believes they can win the game and TRULY believe they should win the Coastal Division.

To be sure, I am not running around with my hair on fire bellowing that the sky is falling. But, as we all know, over the last many years after our annual war with FSU we have seen a significant deterioration in the quality of play by the Canes for at least several of the following games.

I know the coaches are fully aware of the aforementioned and will be hammering those points home during this week of preparation. The real test will be…is this Canes team different than those in the recent past and do they have the ability to not just give lip service as to how seriously they are taking the opponent, but do they immediately shift their focus to the next challenge on their schedule?

If the answer is YES…then we are most probably looking at a very special season.

The only absolute reason why Miami ' came apart ' after those FSU games the past three season, is because those games were heart breaking losses and all that. And those three losses against mighty FSU were games which Miami was two or three plays away from WINNING! dUh. But that's all moot now. hUh.
The bottom line: GA TECH will probably play Miami tough in the first-half, but Miami will eventually come away with the victory. See the Toledo game and all that. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Miami was coming back from an unexpected hiatus. So what.

I think we win, but we better be worried.

Both FSU RB's just gashed us behind a weak FSU OL. The Duke RB's both had good game against us. That doesn't make me feel good about GT.

Given our problems in the secondary, I could see our Safeties coming up too hard on the run and GT hitting a wide open WR over the top on us once or twice.

GT has had 2 weeks to prepare. We're obviously the better team, but there's reasons to worry.

On the positive side, I think the Miami offense is ready to blow up.

Voila. The Canes offense will be the DECIDING factor on Saturday. Along with good special teams and what not. And yes, the Cane offense will explode this Saturday!

Today, and for what it’s worth, Joe Rose said that he’s worried about the Canes upcoming game with Georgia Tech for more than a few reasons.

He pointed out the normal fall off teams have after a big win, especially one when it’s against your biggest rival at their place after having not beaten them for 7 straight years. This fall off is exacerbated by so many well meaning family, friends and fans offering effusive praise, thus focus and desire can be negatively impacted.

Additionally, Georgia Tech’s abilities are under appreciated and they are better than advertised. Of course, the additional week of preparation and healing for Georgia Tech is of great benefit to them.

As a final point, Rose indicated that Georgia Tech TRULY believes they can win the game and TRULY believe they should win the Coastal Division.

To be sure, I am not running around with my hair on fire bellowing that the sky is falling. But, as we all know, over the last many years after our annual war with FSU we have seen a significant deterioration in the quality of play by the Canes for at least several of the following games.

I know the coaches are fully aware of the aforementioned and will be hammering those points home during this week of preparation. The real test will be…is this Canes team different than those in the recent past and do they have the ability to not just give lip service as to how seriously they are taking the opponent, but do they immediately shift their focus to the next challenge on their schedule?

If the answer is YES…then we are most probably looking at a very special season.

Quite a few raised the point.

My concern is that our run defense has been suspect at best...gaping holes. Now for a week we get to work on an entirely new scheme after we haven't played assignment football very well against more straight on offenses.

I agree again that these are the games Richt should earn his paycheck. Just another F$U game where we come out banged up and thin at certain position, except this time, we get the cloud 9 factor of riding high on a last second win. He has a lot to overcome in a week.

Personally I think if Richt owns what he can own and adapts to a running game right at defenses, with a back now who excels running right at defenses...and Diaz / Kool find a way to shore up that run defense....we will be fine. It is a position we havent found ourselves in for quite some time.

UM

Miami has to ' control ' the edge on defense. If Miami does that then Miami will be just fine and all that.

Advertisement

We were without them for a final 2 scores against a defense that’s a lot better than ga tech and still scored twice

How did we do in the next game the last time we BEAT fsu? I can't remember and neither can this team. I do know that our program went of a mighty road of conquest after the '83 game when we won in similar fashion and again after Butch beat them after a bunch of losing to them. Coaching need to do their jog, players need to do theirs, and fans need to ours. We are the masters of beating the option. We have an undefeated QB and we just beat the noles. I'm feeling really good and it is because of what happened on the field not some recruiting buzz. We have enough guys hurt for their replacements to come in and show off. This is Homer's week to shine. Nothing beat the option like limiting their possessions and scoring a lot of points.

You guys think this game is about the defense, but it is equally, if not more, about the offense, IMO.

We have run hot and cold this season. We can't do that Saturday.

What GT does is make your team accountable for both sides of the ball.

Between their cut blocks and option schemes they will really wear your defense down if you give them too many at-bats. And at-bats is what they're looking for, since they can eat up an entire quarter with one drive, even if they only get 3 points.

We need to sustain drives and take the clock away from them, too. That gives our defense and chance to recuperate and puts pressure on their offense to move outside of their snail pace.

We go through this silliness every **** year. Yes GT is well coached and blah blah blah, but we have their number.

Discipline + athletes = win.

Simples.

Advertisement
Back