Joe Rose Raises Warning Flag!

I think we win, but we better be worried.

Both FSU RB's just gashed us behind a weak FSU OL. The Duke RB's both had good game against us. That doesn't make me feel good about GT.

Given our problems in the secondary, I could see our Safeties coming up too hard on the run and GT hitting a wide open WR over the top on us once or twice.

GT has had 2 weeks to prepare. We're obviously the better team, but there's reasons to worry.

On the positive side, I think the Miami offense is ready to blow up.

Advertisement
Joe Rose is still alive and relevant?

That guy has been on the radio since I lived in Hialeah a couple decades ago.

Gtech is where kids go that don't think they're good enough to play NFL football. UM's 3rd string has more talent in one nut than their starters do in both. This all comes down to mental discipline and tackling on defense. Then Richt making sure UM scores on 75% of possessions against one of the worst defenses in the ACC.

Please tell me how the Tennessee lost is going to impact this game? Did you ever wake up in the morning and everything went wrong? Football is NO different and it happens to all of us. So Richt owns Johnson and that certainly means we are going to win Saturday? We have several injuries and GT has been preparing for two weeks. Heck, we should beat them 56-0. As I said before, with many factors of the game going somewhat unnoticed this will be the toughest game of the year. Football is certainly about the intangibles and not just suiting up.

Advertisement
Amazing how u can read a post, and based on what it says, make a fairly accurate guess of how many posts OP has.

The bottom line tho is that this team needs to worry about every team on the schedule.

GT is going to be a tough outing, there's no denying that. They're a good team.

But, I'm pretty tired of hearing that we're set up for a let down game due to the hangover after a big win against FSU. For the past few years, we've had a noticeable slide after tough losses to FSU. So, now you all want to claim that beating FSU should cause a similar slide/let-down? Does this mean, no matter the outcome, playing FSU results in our team struggling the next week? Sounds like a load of BS and I'm tired of hearing about it.

A lot of People around here are focused on our defense and whether or not it can it stop their offense.

What about their defense? Can it stop all of our weapons? I don't think so. Rosier could have a career day.

Just look at the obvious. Historically, Miami has owned them AND Richt has owned them. But also look at who they've played & the level of success they've had running their O.
They've beaten FCS Jacksonville St, Pitt (2-4), UNC (1-5) & they lost to Tennessee. UNC is on pace to have its worst season in a decade & Pitt is on pace to have its worst season in 20 years. Tenn is having such a bad season, their HC is as good as gone. Toledo (can't believe I'm saying this) & Duke would also be 3-1 with their schedule.
They're leaning heavy on 2 guys, their QB (Marshall) & their #1 RB (Benson). Benson has 20 less carries than Marshall, but 20 more carries than the rest of the team COMBINED. Jacksonville state shut those down (24 carries for 51 yards).
Yes, they run the option. But they CAN NOT PASS consistently if they tried. Marshall has attempted 33 passes TOTAL. Rosier averages 33 attempts per game. Marshall has only completed 19 total passes in 4 games.
Our front 7 is about feast. Our LB won't have to worry about coverage, like they have the last 4 weeks. I'm just not worried about GT. If we had lost last week, I'd probably be more concerned.

Advertisement
This game will show us what type of coaching staff we have. I believe Richt will have the team ready.

I think this past week went a long way in seeing what type of coaching staff we have....but in keeping with tradition regarding letdown games... I’m with you.

Gtech is where kids go that don't think they're good enough to play NFL football. UM's 3rd string has more talent in one nut than their starters do in both. This all comes down to mental discipline and tackling on defense. Then Richt making sure UM scores on 75% of possessions against one of the worst defenses in the ACC.

........Is that what DEMARYIUS THOMAS and CALVIN JOHNSON were thinking when they signed there? LOL

GT is going to be a tough outing, there's no denying that. They're a good team.

But, I'm pretty tired of hearing that we're set up for a let down game due to the hangover after a big win against FSU. For the past few years, we've had a noticeable slide after tough losses to FSU. So, now you all want to claim that beating FSU should cause a similar slide/let-down? Does this mean, no matter the outcome, playing FSU results in our team struggling the next week? Sounds like a load of BS and I'm tired of hearing about it.

PREACH!!!!

Advertisement
Our run defense has been atrocious... If the offense doesn't get it going early, we're taking an L.. it's as simple as that.. we aren't going to have as many opportunities as we did against fsu
And we all know that gt will hold the ball for 70% of the game...

GT is a very disciplined, well practiced, intelligent team.

They have beaten us when we weren't disciplined, nor well practiced, and foolishly going for major hits - and then missing the tackle completely. Corners get lazy from inaction, and GT would smoke them on a crossing route.

We can definitely win - but not like we played FSU. That was butt ugly.

Advertisement
We better be ready, and I'm serious, because GT is not coming here to lose. It's time to dig deep, this game will show us a lot about this team's intestinal fortitude.

I don't think any teams "underprepare" for Georgia Tech because their game is completely different from anything we will see all season. We just need to make sure that our defense plays with discipline, and we shouldn't have a problem.

Amazing how u can read a post, and based on what it says, make a fairly accurate guess of how many posts OP has.

The bottom line tho is that this team needs to worry about every team on the schedule.

So, in your view, the litmus test when considering the validity of a post on this site is the number of posts said member has published. Hmmmm…I’ve got to tell you that based on your observation and employing your interesting grading system leads me to believe you’ve posted once, maybe twice!

I suspect you also grade a running back on how many times he’s carried the ball versus how many yards he’s gained. Or, grading a quarterback on his pass attempts versus completions.

I’m going to let you in on a little secret Mr. Einstein, my association with UM football started during the Andy Gustafson era and has never wavered. Based on your comment; I imagine that your in-depth knowledge of the Canes could be fit on the head of a sewing needle.

When your mommy tells you not to stick your tongue in the electrical socket you might not want to consider how many posts she has before following her advice. By the way…does this post go towards my overall post count? Be well!

Plus when they watched the film, they were brought back to reality. The entire offense was horrible for half the game, the LBS were MIA for most of it and the DBs came close to costing us the game with a blown coverage. We won, we did not play well.

I keep seeing people saying that the offensive line played horrible....they held a great d line to one sack! Our running game was crap but that had more to do with Walton limping around all game. Even Herndon was doing a great job of blocking Brian Burns 1 on 1. KC played a **** of a game and all things considered, the interior line help up for the most part against their DTs.

Advertisement
Back