Joe rose interview this am.

Fran Brown appears to be a finalist at Syracuse so I'd watch UGA and Addae if that opens.
I Hope Please GIF

Advertisement
Yeah I agreed with what you were saying for sure

Was just adding my own two cents to a topic that doesn’t have any real answers at the moment

The good news is that we're in a dramatically better place than we were last off-season when we needed to turn over both coordinators, a lot of the other coaching staff, and half our roster. As long as Mario holds on to the assets he already has, and keeps adding and filling gaps, we're going to be really good next season.

Keep the talent we have, get quality at QB, DT, Safety, CB in the portal, close the high school class in the Top 10 (including in quality, not just numbers). Do that, and we're playing in the ACCCG.

Based on Mario's interview we are clearly trimming the roster ( he wants over 30 new players, more Bain's), sounds like some new coaches could be added, and he talked about looking for a QB. it sounded like TVD and Jacurri are gone. Some of us have discussed this stuff privately now it seems Mario is going public.

Another interesting thing. He said Miami needs more late season winter games to be tough and we need to have pride late in season and in bowl games regardless of the bowl.

Bring me Riley Leonard now that Elko is gone.

It’s likely FSU has realized through the Travis injury that they need a QB for a year before Brock is ready. I don’t want him going there.

He would be a perfect fit here at UM.

I know we'd blast him for hiding but I'd honestly prefer to not hear from Mario until at least the bowl game postgame presser. And even then I'd probably just like to hear Susan ask him if he had any good Mexican food in El Paso that week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
On discussing the future with current players on the team:

-
“You respectfully approach it to see where it is at and you help them navigate through all the noise,” . “You show the guys—that it is relevant to—the real draft information as opposed to some of the BS that they get from their advisors. Then you figure out exactly on the roster what you have got to do. If you are a young quarterback on this roster or a quarterback on this roster, you have to be super excited about the weapons around you and the protection you are going to get. There is a lot of positives. We feel really strongly about the young guys and we are super proud of what Tyler did. We just have to figure it out.”

On coaching changes:

- mario respects any decision that coaches need to make for their futures. “The guys that are here now are happy and at some point and time, everybody has to make a decision, but you don’t go into this thing hoping, wishing, and worrying,” “We will have a great list of people. There are some real ones here and there are some real ones out there. Make sure you get the right one. We have flooded this building with some great people and we need to get a bunch more. There is no complacency.”
On coaching changes: "There are some real ones here and there are some real ones out there."

Look at Mario giving a shout out to Tim Brewster.

Advertisement
I know we'd blast him for hiding but I'd honestly prefer to not hear from Mario until at least the bowl game postgame presser. And even then I'd probably just like to hear Susan ask him if he had any good Mexican food in El Paso that week.
I know a great place for food and other “activity” out there for Susan and Mario. It’s only about 9 miles South and starts with a J.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back