Joe rose interview this am.

Advertisement
What Do You Mean GIF by Strapped Entertainment

Ellis Robinson

The good news is that we're in a dramatically better place than we were last off-season when we needed to turn over both coordinators, a lot of the other coaching staff, and half our roster. As long as Mario holds on to the assets he already has, and keeps adding and filling gaps, we're going to be really good next season.

Keep the talent we have, get quality at QB, DT, Safety, CB in the portal, close the high school class in the Top 10 (including in quality, not just numbers). Do that, and we're playing in the ACCCG.
Here’s all I can really add as objectively as possible

Mario is an extremely methodical process driven dude. That’s clear. He doesn’t seem to do as well, say during games, when you need to make quick decisions

So when he got here with everything that needed addressed, our miserable recruiting class, portal, his moms health etc

That was a lot

That’s not an excuse just saying for a guy like him I think he struggled bigtime to make timely decisions we needed

He’s got more time to implement his plan now

I have no idea if that plan means a winning program or not, but we are starting to see how he wants to do things long term

Advertisement
Mario has always had a great talk game. He always seems to say the right thing, however I would have loved if he would have said he needs to get better at decision making. He’s cost this team some games with his on field decisions and his off the field (Gattis) decisions. It starts with him.

Advertisement
Instead he chose to bring in Denis (about to dip in the portal without any significant contribution) & Cam McCormick, our beloved 9th year blocking TE who we occasionally split out wide for some reason
Benson could have been really big for us but he was coming off an injury and I could see why Mario may not have pressed (Maybe it was Benson's decision).

Either way it's in the past.

Dale.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Are you in a multiverse
We are all in the 2023 Super Mario World Multiverse ---

MariBros saw a different team, a coach that adapted and almost wins as they follow their guy the Biscayne Bielema to a glorious 7-5 record..

Miami Fans saw a frustrating 7-5 team, a coach that repeated egregious coaching mistakes, and are ****ed off for greatness ...

Appreciate those that took the time to actually quote him.

At first, I didn't believe he said some things that way or he's a complete dumbass. Having read what was said, it's much better, not that it means much.

Advertisement
Back