Joe Milton

I saw on the Gayturd board that Joe Milton is actually related to Ju'Juan Seider. Can't wait for those Gayturd tears if they can't land Milton.

They'll get him and ruin him. Remember, they couldn't even develop Cam Newton

Total different coaching staff. But the staff they have now is not even close to being as good as Urban and them. Mcl will have Milton looking like pure garbage.

Advertisement
If Auburn offers and I don't know if they have yet they will be a serious player for him

Pay attention to the words "his last couple years there." He was never there when Eason was there.

3 of his final 4 years he got a top 6 qb in the nation

So he either fell victim to offering bad QBs based on star rankings or those guys were, in fact, top QBs, and Rick did a terrible job with them.

You're making my point. I don't give a **** where they were ranked. He had **** QBs his last couple years there.

I know one of his top rated QBs was so good that they had to turn him into a Punter.

I see your point, but the general consensus among most is that Richt was essentially forced into a CEO role and did very little coaching his last few years there. Are you not taking that into account or do you simply just not believe it? Not being a smartass, genuinely wonder what your take is on that.

Personally, I believe that. One of my closest friends is a UGA alum, so I have watched a lot of Georgia games with him. I believe it because you could tell by watching him on the sidelines that he wasn't very involved, and he really just didn't look very happy at all his last couple years there regardless of what he says publicly. Could be wrong, but that's the way I interpret all of it.

This is all true. My co-workers husband played for Richt and now is a Miami fan because of Richt. We talk about the situation at UGA every time I see him. Richt was forced into the CEO role and the offense and and development was all on the OC. He wasn't happy for a while.

CMR is was a delegator as he made his comment at hiring....do your job or get fired.....but he generally did not fire at Uga. He delegated to Bobo at his choice the O and that is why the poor about recruiting at qb. ...the O itself did rest for Bobo with great qb play..bobo a south ga boy wanted Ramsey tied up first before going after Watson...fact

Even if we accept the preposterous notion that someone forced Rick to stop doing any coaching, that doesn't excuse his misevaluations at QB unless the "he was forced out of coaching his own team" argument has now morphed into "he was forced out of all coaching and also forbidden from evaluating and deciding who to offer at his position of expertise."

Even if we accept the preposterous notion that someone forced Rick to stop doing any coaching, that doesn't excuse his misevaluations at QB unless the "he was forced out of coaching his own team" argument has now morphed into "he was forced out of all coaching and also forbidden from evaluating and deciding who to offer at his position of expertise."
Its straight mental gymnastics fans force themselves into when defending their own. Before Richt joined us, many on here referred to him as a guy that couldn't get the job done, and now all of that has changed. Same stuff happened with Golden, which admittedly I was a part of, except we really were doing backflips to make why Golden was an elite coach with the, he just gets it. Richt is an elite recruiter that has proven to be an above average program CEO, but failed to get over the hump at UGA. Towards the end of his tenure there, he straight fumbled QB recruiting and roster management, there is just no way around. Hopefully he just got burned out and needed a change of scenery but the mental gymnastics of what happened at UGA is comical on here right now.

Advertisement
Its straight mental gymnastics fans force themselves into when defending their own. Before Richt joined us, many on here referred to him as a guy that couldn't get the job done, and now all of that has changed. Same stuff happened with Golden, which admittedly I was a part of, except we really were doing backflips to make why Golden was an elite coach with the, he just gets it. Richt is an elite recruiter that has proven to be an above average program CEO, but failed to get over the hump at UGA. Towards the end of his tenure there, he straight fumbled QB recruiting and roster management, there is just no way around. Hopefully he just got burned out and needed a change of scenery but the mental gymnastics of what happened at UGA is comical on here right now.

You are 100% accurate on the fans' mental gymnastics and Rick's struggles at the QB spot and with roster management at the end at UGA. He had horrible attrition, horrible QBs, bad WRs and a noticeable inability to win significant games. All of that was amplified toward the end, and he looked half dead his last couple years. He looks rejuvenated now, so hopefully that's all he needed to get over the hump.

I guess UGA people and everyone else who acknowledges it are performing all sorts of mental gymnastics for us then? This isn't some narrative that started on a Miami message board. It isn't that he completely stopped coaching in every facet, just that he stopped being as hands-on as he was in years past. Stopped calling plays years ago, and eventually stopped directly coaching QBs as well. His lack of direct involvement was evident in how unhappy we was/looked toward the end of his tenure. Even Richt has said himself since he got here that he is much happier when he's calling plays and coaching quarterbacks, so that seems like a pretty obvious insinuation on his part there.

With that being said, it makes it hard to say how talented the QBs he recruited his last few years there were or weren't. I think it's certainly fair to question his evaluations considering how bad the QB play was. We will simply have to see if he can prove he hasn't lost his eye for QB talent (although Eason was his recruit and will be good, but still there's obvously a gap between Aaron Murray and Eason). Also strongly agree about roster management in general toward the end of his time at UGA.

I guess UGA people and everyone else who acknowledges it are performing all sorts of mental gymnastics for us then? This isn't some narrative that started on a Miami message board. It isn't that he completely stopped coaching in every facet, just that he stopped being as hands-on as he was in years past. Stopped calling plays years ago, and eventually stopped directly coaching QBs as well. His lack of direct involvement was evident in how unhappy we was/looked toward the end of his tenure. Even Richt has said himself since he got here that he is much happier when he's calling plays and coaching quarterbacks, so that seems like a pretty obvious insinuation on his part there.

With that being said, it makes it hard to say how talented the QBs he recruited his last few years there were or weren't. I think it's certainly fair to question his evaluations considering how bad the QB play was. We will simply have to see if he can prove he hasn't lost his eye for QB talent (although Eason was his recruit and will be good, but still there's obvously a gap between Aaron Murray and Eason). Also strongly agree about roster management in general toward the end of his time at UGA.

It's obvious he gave up play-calling duties. I guess the drama I don't buy is how far people are pushing the "he was forced to give up coaching" narrative. Seemed pretty obvious he voluntarily turned play-calling duties over to Bobo, who he groomed and was like a son to him.

And I don't buy for a minute that he had no say in who was offered scholarships. So the roster foibles and poor choices at QB ultimately fell on him even if you believe he was mysteriously forced to give up all coaching duties.

It's obvious he gave up play-calling duties. I guess the drama I don't buy is how far people are pushing the "he was forced to give up coaching" narrative. Seemed pretty obvious he voluntarily turned play-calling duties over to Bobo, who he groomed and was like a son to him.

And I don't buy for a minute that he had no say in who was offered scholarships. So the roster foibles and poor choices at QB ultimately fell on him even if you believe he was mysteriously forced to give up all coaching duties.

I completely agree with the second paragraph, and also think it's fair to question his QB evals his last few years. I just don't think he did much hands-on coaching, as in I'm pretty sure he also didn't really directly coach QBs like he's back to doing now.

A big part of the roster mishandling seems to be that he was a bit trigger happy in kicking kids off/pushing them to transfer his last few years. I mentioned it in another thread not too long ago where no one wanted to hear it, but having followed UGA more closely than most thanks to one of my closest friends being an alum, Richt was getting rid of kids left and right for some relatively minor stuff. Again, I know many of our fans will interpret that as bashing our coach and don't want to hear it, but it really is just the truth. Honestly, I actually respect the **** out of Richt for running a clean program as it is such a rarity these days, but I'm really hoping he will be more patient with kids here. As well as he recruited at UGA, the depth there got VERY thin in many areas; of course there were other factors at play, but this was one of the bigger issues at fault.

I'm sure some will downvote, but ask just about any UGA fan and they will tell you the same. My friend and I actually had a bit of an inside jab where we'd just be like, "Again..." every time someone got suspended, booted, or transferred. Oops

Last edited:
Advertisement

I completely agree with the second paragraph, and also think it's fair to question his QB evals his last few years. I just don't think he did much hands-on coaching, as in I'm pretty sure he also didn't really directly coach QBs like he's back to doing now.

A big part of the roster mishandling seems to be that he was a bit trigger happy in kicking kids off/pushing them to transfer his last few years. I mentioned it in another thread not too long ago where no one wanted to hear it, but having followed UGA more closely than most thanks to one of my closest friends being an alum, Richt was getting rid of kids left and right for some relatively minor stuff. Again, I know many of our fans will interpret that as bashing our coach and don't want to hear it, but it really is just the truth. Honestly, I actually respect the **** out of Richt for running a clean program as it is such a rarity these days, but I'm really hoping he will be more patient with kids here. As well as he recruited at UGA, the depth there got VERY thin in many areas; of course there were other factors at play, but this was one of the bigger issues at fault.

I'm sure some will downvote, but ask just about any UGA fan and they will tell you the same. My friend and I actually had a bit of an inside jab where we'd just be like, "Again..." every time someone got suspended, booted, or transferred. Oops

That's like putting a rock in front of Poookie and expecting it to be there when you get back from the bathroom.

giphy.gif

That's like putting a rock in front of Poookie and expecting it to be there when you get back from the bathroom.

giphy.gif

Ha, well, color me confused. Does that mean you downvoted me just to downvote, or do you actually disagree with what I said?

giphy.gif

Ha, well, color me confused. Does that mean you downvoted me just to downvote, or do you actually disagree with what I said?

You talk about leaving the roster thin in areas. What he's done at UM suggests the opposite. He's building up areas that were left bare when he took over. WR and CB management have been nothing less than genius. OL actually has hope. DT is next on the block and I'm sure he will crush that too.

Advertisement

You are 100% accurate on the fans' mental gymnastics and Rick's struggles at the QB spot and with roster management at the end at UGA. He had horrible attrition, horrible QBs, bad WRs and a noticeable inability to win significant games. All of that was amplified toward the end, and he looked half dead his last couple years. He looks rejuvenated now, so hopefully that's all he needed to get over the hump.

I don't think this can be overemphasized. It's palpable. The admin/booster politics and meddling burned him out at UGA. He's home. He has a special pride in his alma mater, as well as a sense of accountability to the past players. He's coaching with a chip on his shoulder. And he's doing it with full autonomy and support from the admin. Perfect environment for the guy to get over the hump.

giphy.gif

You talk about leaving the roster thin in areas. What he's done at UM suggests the opposite. He's building up areas that were left bare when he took over. WR and CB management have been nothing less than genius. OL actually has hope. DT is next on the block and I'm sure he will crush that too.

I was clearly talking about his last few years at UGA, and there's certainly no disputing the roster mismanagement there. I agree that Richt has done an absolutely fantastic job so far with the roster here.

Advertisement

I don't think this can be overemphasized. It's palpable. The admin/booster politics and meddling burned him out at UGA. He's home. He has a special pride in his alma mater, as well as a sense of accountability to the past players. He's coaching with a chip on his shoulder. And he's doing it with full autonomy and support from the admin. Perfect environment for the guy to get over the hump.

Exactly. Sometimes, a winner can be rejuvenated by failure. Losers get broken by failure. Rick looks like a guy who burned out and failed at UGA and is taking this chance at UM to do things better.

[TWEET]838200612806242306[/TWEET]
2 tall physically imposing qbs
if sitkowski is 6'6" then milton is at least that or 6'7"

Naw sitkowski taller, seen another pic and he looked taller than milton
Can't go off of photos like this. Milton is slightly closer to the camera which could make him look taller. Either way IDGAF about Milton or his height.

Advertisement
Back