Joe Milton

Yall making a big deal about this. There will be at least one qb in every class. So if stikowski cant cut it he wont play. And with his ranking he makes the class look good and keeps the buzz up.

That sounds good in theory, but Rick took QBs every year at UGA and wound up with a **** pile his last couple years there.

And his last yr he also got Jacob Eason the #1 QB in the nation.

How does that change the fact that I stated? Where did I claim that he never recruited any great QBs? He also signed Stafford and Murray. He's had some success signing QBs. I never said he didn't.

"wound up with a **** pile his last couple years there".
The very last qb he got was the best QB in the nation...thats what I was commenting on.
Pay attention to the words "his last couple years there." He was never there when Eason was there.

Advertisement
The good thing with Sitowski is we will find out pretty quickly if he is good or not based on the IMG schedule.

That sounds good in theory, but Rick took QBs every year at UGA and wound up with a **** pile his last couple years there.

And his last yr he also got Jacob Eason the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] QB in the nation.

How does that change the fact that I stated? Where did I claim that he never recruited any great QBs? He also signed Stafford and Murray. He's had some success signing QBs. I never said he didn't.

The very last qb he got was the best QB in the nation...thats what I was commenting on.
Pay attention to the words "his last couple years there." He was never there when Eason was there.

He gift wrapped Eason to uga. Doesn't change the fact the fact he had the consensus #1 qb in the country committed to him for a year and a half

And his last yr he also got Jacob Eason the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] QB in the nation.

He gift wrapped Eason to uga. Doesn't change the fact the fact he had the consensus #1 qb in the country committed to him for a year and a half
Your comprehension level is zero.

You want to be a physician's assistant right? I hope to never be anywhere near a physician that you are assisting in the future.

Doctor: "Broke, hand me the forceps."

(Broke hands the doctor a dill pickle)

Your comprehension level is zero.

You want to be a physician's assistant right? I hope to never be anywhere near a physician that you are assisting in the future.

Doctor: "Broke, hand me the forceps."

(Broke hands the doctor a dill pickle)

:eek:

Advertisement
soo all the sites have him as a top 50 player overall in the whole country

but on here he aint shytt

hmmmmm what gives

Milton's arm is not as strong as Sitkowski's but they both have the armstrength needed for what cmr does

3 of his final 4 years he got a top 6 qb in the nation

So he either fell victim to offering bad QBs based on star rankings or those guys were, in fact, top QBs, and Rick did a terrible job with them.

You're making my point. I don't give a **** where they were ranked. He had **** QBs his last couple years there.

I know one of his top rated QBs was so good that they had to turn him into a Punter.

Advertisement

So he either fell victim to offering bad QBs based on star rankings or those guys were, in fact, top QBs, and Rick did a terrible job with them.

You're making my point. I don't give a **** where they were ranked. He had **** QBs his last couple years there.

I know one of his top rated QBs was so good that they had to turn him into a Punter.

I see your point, but the general consensus among most is that Richt was essentially forced into a CEO role and did very little coaching his last few years there. Are you not taking that into account or do you simply just not believe it? Not being a smartass, genuinely wonder what your take is on that.

Personally, I believe that. One of my closest friends is a UGA alum, so I have watched a lot of Georgia games with him. I believe it because you could tell by watching him on the sidelines that he wasn't very involved, and he really just didn't look very happy at all his last couple years there regardless of what he says publicly. Could be wrong, but that's the way I interpret all of it.

Last edited:

I see your point, but the general consensus among most is that Richt was essentially forced into a CEO role and did very little coaching his last few years there. Are you not taking that into account or do you simply just not believe it? Not being a smartass, genuinely wonder what your take is on that.

Personally, I believe that. One of my closest friends is a UGA alum, so I have watched a lot of Georgia games with him. I believe it because you could tell by watching him on the sidelines that he wasn't very involved, and he really just didn't look very happy at all his last couple years there regardless of what he says publicly. Could be wrong, but that's the way I interpret all of it.

This is exactly my point and I said it in the first post on this page. Its inarguable he didn't do much coaching his final few yrs at UGA, so he deserves blame for checking out, but lets not act like he just failed at coaching up qbs or recruiting top guys. He has proven that he can get the best qbs in the nation, and while he was actually coaching he has proven to consistently be able to develop them. I'm not even sure what the point of arguing is. Even if he was at fault the final couple years, its not like it matters all that much, with qbs sometimes your right sometimes your wrong. If it was so easy to get the right qb and develop them every time, every NFL team would have franchise QBs right now.

I don't buy that narrative on Rick being forced into a non-coaching role. And that narrative wouldn't have stopped Rick from doing a better job identifying good QBs his last few years at UGA anyway.

It got so bad for him that he had to acquire a QB that UVA didn't want--Greyson Lambert. He did a really bad job either identifying QB talent or coaching it up his last few years.

I don't buy that narrative on Rick being forced into a non-coaching role. And that narrative wouldn't have stopped Rick from doing a better job identifying good QBs his last few years at UGA anyway.

It got so bad for him that he had to acquire a QB that UVA didn't want--Greyson Lambert. He did a really bad job either identifying QB talent or coaching it up his last few years.

I'm not sure why you don't buy it. Even most Georgia fans will tell you that was the case, but I suppose you won't be convinced regardless. I don't know much about the QBs he recruited the last few years other than being fairly highly ranked so I can't say for sure, but I would lean toward not coaching them up, whether he had a true opportunity to thoroughly coach them or not. Again, I don't believe he was doing much actual coaching outside of the CEO role the last few years, but agree to disagree there.

Main thing is that we'll just have to see what he can do with the guys he brings in here. He seems re-energized in every way since coming to Miami, so I'm confident. I'm interested in seeing what Allison can do after being a non-factor last season. Nkosi already looks very sharp and he can extend plays well, but he just needs to put on some (good) weight.

As far as Milton and the actual topic goes.. I'm not sure why so many are so high on him while shytting on Sitkowski. Milton had a pretty bad season as well, and it's not hard to figure out why Sitkowski can seemingly be very capable of making so many throws while having bad stats. When your receivers consistently fail to create separation (not to mention playing in essentially a wing-t, but that's another topic), a great majority of the throws you make have to be **** near perfect, thread-the-needle type to really succeed. Taking that into consideration, it's easy to see why he threw so many picks and didn't have a high completion percentage.

I'm not necessarily trying to make excuses for him, because I am not completely sold on him either. However, he has all the tools and is very solid mechanically, so I think he will have a huge year now that he actually has some talent around him, playing in a real offense. If he doesn't, Richt has already shown he isn't afraid to drop a kid if he ends up not wanting him.

Advertisement
I saw on the Gayturd board that Joe Milton is actually related to Ju'Juan Seider. Can't wait for those Gayturd tears if they can't land Milton.

I'm not sure why you don't buy it. Even most Georgia fans will tell you that was the case, but I suppose you won't be convinced regardless. I don't know much about the QBs he recruited the last few years other than being fairly highly ranked so I can't say for sure, but I would lean toward not coaching them up, whether he had a true opportunity to thoroughly coach them or not. Again, I don't believe he was doing much actual coaching outside of the CEO role the last few years, but agree to disagree there.

Main thing is that we'll just have to see what he can do with the guys he brings in here. He seems re-energized in every way since coming to Miami, so I'm confident. I'm interested in seeing what Allison can do after being a non-factor last season. Nkosi already looks very sharp and he can extend plays well, but he just needs to put on some (good) weight.

As far as Milton and the actual topic goes.. I'm not sure why so many are so high on him while shytting on Sitkowski. Milton had a pretty bad season as well, and it's not hard to figure out why Sitkowski can seemingly be very capable of making so many throws while having bad stats. When your receivers consistently fail to create separation (not to mention playing in essentially a wing-t, but that's another topic), a great majority of the throws you make have to be **** near perfect, thread-the-needle type to really succeed. Taking that into consideration, it's easy to see why he threw so many picks and didn't have a high completion percentage.

I'm not necessarily trying to make excuses for him, because I am not completely sold on him either. However, he has all the tools and is very solid mechanically, so I think he will have a huge year now that he actually has some talent around him, playing in a real offense. If he doesn't, Richt has already shown he isn't afraid to drop a kid if he ends up not wanting him.

I don't really get the Milton love either. They are comparable athletes and had similar stats the previous year. Milton ran a slightly better 40 and shuttle time than Sitkowski, just barely better. If you look at the highlights of Sitkowski he runs pretty often and looks good doing it. I actually believe he is more of a dual threat than people give him credit for. On top of that his mechanics are way better than Milton.

I don't really get the Milton love either. They are comparable athletes and had similar stats the previous year. Milton ran a slightly better 40 and shuttle time than Sitkowski, just barely better. If you look at the highlights of Sitkowski he runs pretty often and looks good doing it. I actually believe he is more of a dual threat than people give him credit for. On top of that his mechanics are way better than Milton.
Actually sitkowski had a better shuttle time

Advertisement
I saw on the Gayturd board that Joe Milton is actually related to Ju'Juan Seider. Can't wait for those Gayturd tears if they can't land Milton.

They'll get him and ruin him. Remember, they couldn't even develop Cam Newton

Yep you're right, the dude is a better athlete than people give him credit for.

Yep you're right, the dude is a better athlete than people give him credit for.

Agree for sure

This is all true. My co-workers husband played for Richt and now is a Miami fan because of Richt. We talk about the situation at UGA every time I see him. Richt was forced into the CEO role and the offense and and development was all on the OC. He wasn't happy for a while.

Advertisement
Back