Joe Brady

OP is right. He was friends with a good friend of mine back in middle school and high school. I used to play pickup basketball and football with him.

Oddly enough they called him "Coker" because he looked like Hurricane non-legend Larry Coker.

He was a big Canes fan. This is a weird situation where we could luck into an elite coach. We should be firing Penos and making a play for him immediately. This boomer way of thinking is what got us stuck with Penos and not with other up and coming OCs that run exciting and modern offenses.

Why would we want to make that mistake again?

Last edited:
Advertisement
When Blake fires Manny in 2022, Brady will personally lobby for the job and say he'll even take a hometown discount.

Blake will then proceed to hire Chudzinski without an interview at 6 million a year.

1. We'd pay him something similar to what LSU is offering him
2. He gets promoted to OC and gets to call plays
3. He's from South Florida and grew up a Canes fan

Ive know the family forever.My dad and his coached together at Cooper Optimist, he played his high school ball for my father in law at Everglades, his sister cheered allstar for my mom and went to the West Broward when I tough there. I get the south florida ties and I would jump for joy and probably been the one pushing for him to come since before last season. I just think he is very smart and sees whats the best way to parlay it into a bigger gig then Miami right now. Maybe one day he cuts his teeth as a HC and we bring him back then.

Advertisement
Ive know the family forever.My dad and his coached together at Cooper Optimist, he played his high school ball for my father in law at Everglades, his sister cheered allstar for my mom and went to the West Broward when I tough there. I get the south florida ties and I would jump for joy and probably been the one pushing for him to come since before last season. I just think he is very smart and sees whats the best way to parlay it into a bigger gig then Miami right now. Maybe one day he cuts his teeth as a HC and we bring him back then.

Can't really argue with anything you said there. But just imagine what his job opportunities would be like if he could inject life into this Miami offense as our OC. Being the guy who brought both LSU and Miami offenses into the 21st century probably makes you candidate #1 for any blue blood job that comes available. But then again, that's probably all true if he stays at LSU

Can't really argue with anything you said there. But just imagine what his job opportunities would be like if he could inject life into this Miami offense as our OC. Being the guy who brought both LSU and Miami offenses into the 21st century probably makes you candidate #1 for any blue blood job that comes available. But then again, that's probably all true if he stays at LSU
Agree but why join a staff that in the following year maybe looking for new jobs?

Advertisement
We're paying 1.5 to some smug fuggin MAC ****** who's calling plays off of a soggy, disintegrating play sheet.

An extra 500k more and we bring home one of the youngest, brightest offensive minds who happens to be a Canes fan back home to SoFla.

This is the type of homerun hire we'd never make and why we'll continue to suck.

We're paying 1.5 to some smug fuggin MAC ****** who's calling plays off of a soggy, disintegrating play sheet.

An extra 500k more and we bring home one of the youngest, brightest offensive minds who happens to be a Canes fan back home to SoFla.

This is the type of homerun hire we'd never make and why we'll continue to suck.
If we hired Brady I'd actually think we do care. Like you said, it's too good of an idea for this program to ever consider.

If Manny even gave him a call it would at least show me he knows the gravity of the situation and how winning next year is a do or die sceneraio.

That said, I have no doubt Manny is as naïve as me as I had no idea who the **** Joe Brady was and had to Google him. LOL. That's Manny all the way. Smh.

Advertisement
someone already mentioned this, but UT is going to go after him with some real money very soon as well.

Dude has become a HOT commodity...anyone that can do to LSU what they have done over there this season, will be handed a blank check

In what universe does that guy leave LSU with the resources available, to coach at Miami? It's amazing how people won't be realistic, but think that someone being a fan of the program will cause them to make moves that don't make sense. Miami can and should be able to upgrade at OC, but Brady isn't leaving LSU. No matter what Miami offers(short of the HC position, which Brady isn't nearly qualified for at this time), LSU can easily match and exceed.

Miami should be out looking at guys like G. Harrell and Chad Morris, those are attainable options that will do well at Miami.

Advertisement
In what universe does that guy leave LSU with the resources available, to coach at Miami? It's amazing how people won't be realistic, but think that someone being a fan of the program will cause them to make moves that don't make sense. Miami can and should be able to upgrade at OC, but Brady isn't leaving LSU. No matter what Miami offers(short of the HC position, which Brady isn't nearly qualified for at this time), LSU can easily match and exceed.

Miami should be out looking at guys like G. Harrell and Chad Morris, those are attainable options that will do well at Miami.
***** don’t kill my vibe

Would rather make excuses why he wont come.. Too expensive, not enough experience, already at LSU, etc..

Would rather make excuses why he wont come.. Too expensive, not enough experience, already at LSU, etc..

Continue to sit here and think of pie in the sky scenarios in which someone who is doing this as a career would leave a place like LSU, where you are basically one phone call away from getting anything you want, to come to Miami.

This "Only this one particular coach can save us" crap is one of the many reasons why Miami fans are looked upon as morons. Miami can and should upgrade at OC, and there are plenty of coaches that could get the most out of the talent available, and they can do it at a price point that makes sense to where Miami can upgrade at other crucial spots too.

Chad Morris(Outstanding play caller at Clemson, did well at SMU as well. Miami wouldn't be on the hook for much because Arkansas will be paying any difference)

G. Harrell(Up and coming OC that will be on the market soon, if not so already. Not going to command a huge salary, because USC was mediocre this year, despite him doing a **** good job with what was available)

Those are the names Miami should be going after, maybe Yost at TTU too(He probably realizes that program is a joke, and a career killer), instead of hoping that Brady does something completely and utterly irrational by making a backwards move to Miami. The only way Brady leaves LSU is for an NFL OC gig, or a college HC spot. There's no reason to leave, especially seeing that Coach O isn't paying one iota of attention to what he is doing. Guy has full autonomy, at a school in which talent will never be an issue.

Continue to sit here and think of pie in the sky scenarios in which someone who is doing this as a career would leave a place like LSU, where you are basically one phone call away from getting anything you want, to come to Miami.

This "Only this one particular coach can save us" crap is one of the many reasons why Miami fans are looked upon as morons. Miami can and should upgrade at OC, and there are plenty of coaches that could get the most out of the talent available, and they can do it at a price point that makes sense to where Miami can upgrade at other crucial spots too.

Chad Morris(Outstanding play caller at Clemson, did well at SMU as well. Miami wouldn't be on the hook for much because Arkansas will be paying any difference)

G. Harrell(Up and coming OC that will be on the market soon, if not so already. Not going to command a huge salary, because USC was mediocre this year, despite him doing a **** good job with what was available)

Those are the names Miami should be going after, maybe Yost at TTU too(He probably realizes that program is a joke, and a career killer), instead of hoping that Brady does something completely and utterly irrational by making a backwards move to Miami. The only way Brady leaves LSU is for an NFL OC gig, or a college HC spot. There's no reason to leave, especially seeing that Coach O isn't paying one iota of attention to what he is doing. Guy has full autonomy, at a school in which talent will never be an issue.
You realize Brady isn’t the OC at LSU correct?

Advertisement
Back