Jim, you are on the clock.

Advertisement
One thing Coach L isn't, is lazy. Let's see how the season plays out before we fire him. Bo coach could have won last year with all the injuries.
Lmao what a **** post. You’re good for them on this board. Let’s just completely ignore the holes he has had on the roster over the last few years and has had zero initiative to fix them. Whether that’s from a recruiting standpoint or the portal.

Some of y’all really need to get your **** head out of your ***

Lmao what a **** post. You’re good for them on this board. Let’s just completely ignore the holes he has had on the roster over the last few years and has had zero initiative to fix them. Whether that’s from a recruiting standpoint or the portal.

Some of y’all really need to get your **** head out of your ***
Agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't understand how some folks see the current state of our men's basketball program and think it's all hunky-dory. Appreciate Larranaga for his time and accomplishments at Miami, but it's time for a change.

Advertisement
I would be shocked if Jurich ask Pitino to coach Miami. Given that Jurich had to prove his innocence in the FBI case along with disassociating himself from Pitino makes that reunion highly unlikely.
Remember, the NCAA has yet to make a ruling on the FBI scandal.

Advertisement
I agree but he's got his work cut out for him. Based on what we've seen -- a team that can't shoot, rebound or defend very well.
If we had a competent assistant, Larranaga would be fired midseason. Worst team since 1993-1994 where we were competitive in one conference game. The rest were blowouts. I said the over/under is 2 conference wins. Right now, I'd go with the under.

I just watched the Dayton game, and I didn’t see anything in that loss that gives me optimism for this season. IMHO, Coach L has a cellar-dwelling ACC doormat. I hope I am wrong. I predict more of the same team that Coach L has had over the past 3 seasons.

Coach L and his current group of assistant coaches do not impress me. They don’t even try to recruit Florida, and instead, they go up to the Northeast and even to Australia, and it’s not a good product. IMHO, Coach L used to have a fire and enthusiasm, but Coach L is now coasting and mailing it in these days.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just watched the Dayton game, and I didn’t see anything in that loss that gives me optimism for this season. IMHO, Coach L has a cellar-dwelling ACC doormat. I hope I am wrong. I predict more of the same team that Coach L has had over the past 3 seasons.

Coach L and his current group of assistant coaches do not impress me. They don’t even try to recruit Florida, and instead, they go up to the Northeast and even to Australia, and it’s not a good product. IMHO, Coach L used to have a fire and enthusiasm, but Coach L is now coasting and mailing it in these days.
He let the FBI shenanigans completely take the sails out of the program. These guys had been in the tournament three straight years and hitched his wagon to Dewan, hoping he'd carry them in 2018. When he was ruled ineligible, there was zero deviation to their plan, and he spent the course of the year moping around and blaming their performances on 'the cloud of the investigation' (sound familiar)'

Well he's now starting 4 straight losing seasons in the face, and with the new AD coming in, he certainly knows what's coming. If he had an ounce of pride, he'd announce that's he retiring after the season ends and gives the new AD some runway on a new coaching search. He might even enjoy this year a bit more.

A new AD is on their way.
There just has to be a change in the coaching the marketing of the basketball program and the urgency to have that take place. Like football a winner will make the difference fans love winners. And the program can be a money maker for the school. I have been watching Canes basketball since Willie Allen and Don Curnutt at places like Dinner Key auditorium and the Miami Beach convention hall.

COLLEGE BASKETBALL is a great sport and when we got the on campus arena I had such high hopes and yet we have flopped miserably. We are in a great conference and I know Rad will take the measures he has to and get this program to level higher than ever in it’s history. If he does not and only the football program succeeds I will look at him as a semi failure.

Advertisement
There just has to be a change in the coaching the marketing of the basketball program and the urgency to have that take place. Like football a winner will make the difference fans love winners. And the program can be a money maker for the school. I have been watching Canes basketball since Willie Allen and Don Curnutt at places like Dinner Key auditorium and the Miami Beach convention hall.

COLLEGE BASKETBALL is a great sport and when we got the on campus arena I had such high hopes and yet we have flopped miserably. We are in a great conference and I know Rad will take the measures he has to and get this program to level higher than ever in it’s history. If he does not and only the football program succeeds I will look at him as a semi failure.
Problem is, I don’t think Rad puts much emphasis on basketball. Brad Brownell has been at Clemson for over a decade despite a bunch of mediocrity.

And the crying shame is that it takes so few (relatively) resources to mount a very competitive, national basketball program as compared with the resources required to get there in football. The commitment is everything.

Certainly appears that way based on his time at Clemson. Even more worrying is that very few will complain about him leaving basketball as it is.
You don’t pay an AD 3 million for status quo. He brings credibility and enough power to hire a coach that no one else could. Don’t be surprised if he exceeds expectations

Advertisement
Back