Jim, you are on the clock.

Only concern I have is if we throw the kitchen sink at Mario, will there be enough funds/resources left to buy out Coach L's contract?

Why buyout one year when you can ride it out one more season and start new!

I am sure he will get a nice tribute video and a big Thank you for being the programs leader in wins and all of his other accomplishments.

Advertisement
Why buyout one year when you can ride it out one more season and start new!

I am sure he will get a nice tribute video and a big Thank you for being the programs leader in wins and all of his other accomplishments.
This mindset is what has got us in trouble in the 1st place with Coach L. Anywhere else he's fired...but we have a soft spot for him as a fan base.

We pushed Richt into retirement and there was not hard feelings. We need to do the same here.

****....tell him we will hire his son Jay if he retires lol.

Advertisement
The talent is pretty thin this year (next year outlook looks better) but I'm still adrift to Jim's coaching. Who he plays, the scheme, and the end of the FAU game really has me hot...

...as I saw it, with under 15 secs left, we had a 66-60 lead and FAU was getting the ball. How hard is it to say to the team: Let them drive in for whatever UNCONTESTED we dont want a foul. Then if basket makes its 66-62 with 10 seconds or less left and we get the ball.

But Sam and another guy were all over the FAU player driving in, and while the ref was out to lunch, the called Foul almost turned into a Fail. They made it 66-63 with the FT, and then stole a 3-pointer, and it was an absurd 66-66 tie all of a sudden before Wong's heroics saved us FROM POOR COACHING (and execution.)

The talent is pretty thin this year (next year outlook looks better) but I'm still adrift to Jim's coaching. Who he plays, the scheme, and the end of the FAU game really has me hot...

...as I saw it, with under 15 secs left, we had a 66-60 lead and FAU was getting the ball. How hard is it to say to the team: Let them drive in for whatever UNCONTESTED we dont want a foul. Then if basket makes its 66-62 with 10 seconds or less left and we get the ball.

But Sam and another guy were all over the FAU player driving in, and while the ref was out to lunch, the called Foul almost turned into a Fail. They made it 66-63 with the FT, and then stole a 3-pointer, and it was an absurd 66-66 tie all of a sudden before Wong's heroics saved us FROM POOR COACHING (and execution.)
We've seen how time and time again how poor we are in late game execution. And this is with a veteran roster to boot.

Advertisement
He lost in first round of tourney to a play in team with the most talented roster Miami will ever have in hoops. I knew that season the game had passed him by. Haven’t changed my tune since then regardless of those on this board that gave him the benefit of doubt for prior success. This program has been a mess since the super team with Lonnie, Bruce, and Dewan

A big reason that team underachieved IMO was because his assistants were sub-par and he refused to make the changes necessary to improve his staff.

A big reason that team underachieved IMO was because his assistants were sub-par and he refused to make the changes necessary to improve his staff.
100% and nothing has changed. the second konkel and Huger left this program has taken a gigantic nose dive from a X’s and O’s/ philosophy Standpoint. We continue to beat dead horses on this board because nothing has changed. It’s identical across all 3 major sports unfortunately

100% and nothing has changed. the second konkel and Huger left this program has taken a gigantic nose dive from a X’s and O’s/ philosophy Standpoint. We continue to beat dead horses on this board because nothing has changed. It’s identical across all 3 major sports unfortunately
Our offense has been extremely painful to watch for years now. We rely almost purely on hero ball. It's stagnant as ****.

Advertisement
Hero ball with no shooters. Never seen anything like it
At least this team has shown that they can get to the line and knock down FT's, so far at least. Problem is, we likely won't get a lot of these calls in ACC play. We can't just have Kam and Wong play ISO ball and attack and attack. That is literally our only reliable offense so far, and it's not a recipe for success in league play. Heck, it wasn't even a recipe for success to beat UCF.

At least this team has shown that they can get to the line and knock down FT's, so far at least. Problem is, we likely won't get a lot of these calls in ACC play. We can't just have Kam and Wong play ISO ball and attack and attack. That is literally our only reliable offense so far, and it's not a recipe for success in league play. Heck, it wasn't even a recipe for success to beat UCF.
Shows you what type of player Wong is that he’s still able to get to his shot that easily when we have the worst spacing in the country

Advertisement
Latest bit of "maybe someone knows something" is that some contacts in the Louisville Athletic Dept said Jurich to UM (as AD) is a "done deal" they believe (same also said about Alonzo as Director Football Operations, or similar) -

Will be interesting if it affects the BB game in about an hour. I wouldn't want to be as "rattled" as Coach L if A&M pulls off the (9-point?) upset.

Advertisement
Back