Jim Morris

His next job will be HC at a bigger school, possibly in a power conference.

Yeah. Bigger school like Penn State where Rob Cooper is. A quick stepping stone to being fired and then being forced to take that Associate Head Coaching job that you think is a stepped down from Wright State.

Advertisement
With regards to Marino and Shula, they stayed the course. How did that work out?

The Dolphins were the winningest franchise in the NFL since the merger. They won a lot of games and made the playoffs a lot.

Since then they've fired a lot of coaches and made the playoffs once since 2001.

Leave it to you to completely miss the point of the post.

Of course, no team in sports history has ever benefitted from a coaching change. Just leave everyone in place.

What is funny is for as many wins as they had, they had no rings together. That is the point, winning it all. And I have you to thank you for your reply with quote. Lol I got to see lets be a winning team with lots of wins and no titles again from Brian. He just doesn't seem to get it. Possibly the best team in NFL history ever, can not even be in the discussion because of Eli Manning and that Giant DL. But they sure were good. They can't be considered great bc they didn't win the super bowl, the championship, the essence of what greatness is.

But hey Shula and Marino won a lot of games and DM threw for a lot of yards.
NO RINGS

DM filled my childhood up with good memories, (and a little dissapointment. The way it stands now i havnt watched the nfl in 5 years. Just got tired of the turnover. I love the fact i cant watch canes baseball and see 3 there every night

Gotta say every single baseball thread is filled with a bunch of idiots saying if we don't win the championship we basically suck, and our coach deserves to be fired, and this piccolo dude being the voice of reason.

It would be one thing if we never even make the CWS, and always finish like 20th or later in the final rankings, and never even got close to championships. But we've gone to the CWS the past 2 seasons. We've had a lot of success.

Gotta say every single baseball thread is filled with a bunch of idiots saying if we don't win the championship we basically suck, and our coach deserves to be fired, and this piccolo dude being the voice of reason.

It would be one thing if we never even make the CWS, and always finish like 20th or later in the final rankings, and never even got close to championships. But we've gone to the CWS the past 2 seasons. We've had a lot of success.

Right, we're all demanding a national championship every year. We have won two games in Omaha in the past ten years, but we want nothing less than a CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR.

Advertisement

Right, we're all demanding a national championship every year. We have won two games in Omaha in the past ten years, but we want nothing less than a CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR.

5-12 since precious '01

5-12 since precious '01

Five wins in Omaha in 15 years, never more than one in a year, but they act like we're spoiled and only want championships.

5-12 since precious '01

Five wins in Omaha in 15 years, never more than one in a year, but they act like we're spoiled and only want championships.

Welcome Back!

5-12 since precious '01

so we're 5-12 in 15 yrs, but never more than 1 win in Omaha per year. That would mean we've made it to Omaha 5 times in the past 15 years. So like I just got done saying, you guys are ridiculous. if we make the CWS 33% of the time over the past 15yrs, that means we are consistently one of the best teams in college baseball. While championships are what we strive for, only one team wins per year, this isn't football where theres a bunch of big time bowl games we can go to. Making it to Omaha is like winning the Orange Bowl.

Now I'm not saying Im happy we lose in Omaha. But it is ridiculous how much you guys want a coach fired who is a legend here, has already announced his retirement, has taken us to two straight CWS, and finished this season with the best regular season record. It is just ******* ridiculous plain and simple. Like holy ****, what do you want from a guy. The mentality of championship or failure is stupid.

Advertisement

5-12 since precious '01

so we're 5-12 in 15 yrs, but never more than 1 win in Omaha per year. That would mean we've made it to Omaha 5 times in the past 15 years. So like I just got done saying, you guys are ridiculous. if we make the CWS 33% of the time over the past 15yrs, that means we are consistently one of the best teams in college baseball. While championships are what we strive for, only one team wins per year, this isn't football where theres a bunch of big time bowl games we can go to. Making it to Omaha is like winning the Orange Bowl.

Now I'm not saying Im happy we lose in Omaha. But it is ridiculous how much you guys want a coach fired who is a legend here, has already announced his retirement, has taken us to two straight CWS, and finished this season with the best regular season record. It is just ******* ridiculous plain and simple. Like holy ****, what do you want from a guy. The mentality of championship or failure is stupid.

Getting to Omaha 5/15 is impressive, especially when you consider we were down a few ships for a few years due violations. I also think everyone has moved on from fire Morris. He is gone in 2 years. All of that stuff you and many others have said, have some merit. I am saying the 0-16 titles is the concern. It isn't title or bust. Not every year. Consider this:

#3 looks like he will be 0-18 his last 18 years. That is what has to change. Can just anyone do what he has done, no! He is a hall of fame coach. Would anyone else be successful in getting the titles? That is unknown. Do we rest on our laurels bc a new coach may be bad? I think 0-18 is replaceable even though the rest of the resume is solid. I want to at least try. #3 isn't getting it done unfortunately.

Strangely enough, we've done just as well in Omaha as Florida or Florida State over that 15 yr period and better when you look a little further.

DM filled my childhood up with good memories, (and a little dissapointment. The way it stands now i havnt watched the nfl in 5 years. Just got tired of the turnover. I love the fact i cant watch canes baseball and see 3 there every night

If you're not going to win the championship then be interesting and engaging. Those Dolphins teams were in the playoffs every year and made you care as a fan.

Since then they've been hot garbage.

But imurcane thinks if you're not winning the championship then you should suck.

Advertisement

Everybody on this board knew that you would be lying in wait for the moment the team didn't win the championship so you could say you told us so.

Even after you mucked up every single prediction you made during the season.

Nothing short of being the last team would have stopped you.

5-12 since precious '01

Now I'm not saying Im happy we lose in Omaha. But it is ridiculous how much you guys want a coach fired who is a legend here, has already announced his retirement, has taken us to two straight CWS, and finished this season with the best regular season record. It is just ****ing ridiculous plain and simple. Like holy ****, what do you want from a guy. The mentality of championship or failure is stupid.

Getting to Omaha 5/15 is impressive, especially when you consider we were down a few ships for a few years due violations. I also think everyone has moved on from fire Morris. He is gone in 2 years. All of that stuff you and many others have said, have some merit. I am saying the 0-16 titles is the concern. It isn't title or bust. Not every year. Consider this:

#3 looks like he will be 0-18 his last 18 years. That is what has to change. Can just anyone do what he has done, no! He is a hall of fame coach. Would anyone else be successful in getting the titles? That is unknown. Do we rest on our laurels bc a new coach may be bad? I think 0-18 is replaceable even though the rest of the resume is solid. I want to at least try. #3 isn't getting it done unfortunately.

Morris is DEFINITELY getting it done. With the scholarship rules in college and being a private school Morris should be lauded for the team making it to the CWS the last 2 years. Only 3 teams in the country can make that claim. Unfortunately, the rules aren't going to change, so it will be difficult to continue to be a top 10 program nationally.

Advertisement

Everybody on this board knew that you would be lying in wait for the moment the team didn't win the championship so you could say you told us so.

Even after you mucked up every single prediction you made during the season.

Nothing short of being the last team would have stopped you.

It takes at least three wins just to get to the championship series. We have won two games in the last ten years combined. But yeah, all we want is championships. Spoiled brats. It's not good enough that we're just above Indiana and Kent State for CWS wins in the past decade.

Arizona, Oklahoma State, TCU, Coastal Carolina Final 4.

Totally predictable right, Jagr?

I'll tell you what predictable looks like:

Miami Hurricanes wins in Omaha - 1,0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0.

Would you like for me to go ahead and set the over/under for next year's CWS win total?

Morris is DEFINITELY getting it done. With the scholarship rules in college and being a private school Morris should be lauded for the team making it to the CWS the last 2 years. Only 3 teams in the country can make that claim. Unfortunately, the rules aren't going to change, so it will be difficult to continue to be a top 10 program nationally.

I like it. Go ahead and set up 2017's excuse in June of 2016.

Strangely enough, we've done just as well in Omaha as Florida or Florida State over that 15 yr period and better when you look a little further.

Honestly, since we do we measure ourselves against those two programs?

Every time I talk to one of their alumni and they mention football during the Shalala/Golden years.

Advertisement
Back