Jim Morris

It is time for this guy to retire or move on. The sooner the better. He has underachieved for too long now. Flaming out of the CWS in 2 games is disgraceful...especially as a #3 national seed. JM has had a free ride for 15 years. Time is up!

I think it is time for ColdBeer whoever the **** he is to retire or move on. What a complete fool. I guess UF's coach should also retire or move on. His team loaded with high draft choices are about to go home after losing 2 straight and scoring 1 run.

Hold your horses on that bud Peter Alonso just literally launched one

Not enough. They are done.

Advertisement
Is it now okay that we laid an egg just because Florida did too? O'Sullivan isn't going to be fired now, but he won't get away with too many more national seed failures.

Is it now okay that we laid an egg just because Florida did too? O'Sullivan isn't going to be fired now, but he won't get away with too many more national seed failures.

O'Sullivan will be fired right after Mike Martin is fired for coming up short in Omaha.

O'Sullivan will be fired right after Mike Martin is fired for coming up short in Omaha.

Mike Martin hasn't been the #1 team in the country for quite a while now. UF is losing with the most talented teams in college baseball. The questions about O'Sullivan's demeanor in the post-season have some merit.

Advertisement
I can somehow see Greg Lovelady be an assistant in the near future or maybe the head coach....just my two cents!

I would love for him to come on board in any capacity.

Quite frankly, a real AD sits down with JM now and says..."what do we need to get over that hump?"...that said...

We aren't a $EC school with a great AD AND UM is ecstatic to have the nations longest post season streak with back to back CWS appearances. Different time, different place. Is what it is...he's no Fraser, but he will likely get to dictate his out short of a debacle season.

UM

Mike Martin hasn't been the #1 team in the country for quite a while now. UF is losing with the most talented teams in college baseball. The questions about O'Sullivan's demeanor in the post-season have some merit.

College baseball coaches don't get fired for getting to Omaha and not winning.

Advertisement
After all the going back and forth I think this is fairly reasonable.

#3 is a hall of fame coach.
He won a couple of titles.
He had a chance to win a few more.
I think the year we beat Ole Miss in the Supers was a year in which we peaked at right time/overachieved maybe. That was a nice year even if we weren't quite ready to win it all.

Morris did a great job basically following a legend.

To look back the last 15 years with no title, I think that signifies a change is needed. A change is coming. But during the past 15 years Morris minus the titles continued a program of excellence. I still think 15 years is too far between titles.

If he weren't retiring in two years would I really want him fired? That really is a tough thing to do. I think Alabama Football fires their HC. I think UNC BB fires their HC. FSU football fires or pushes their HC out, a few years too late. I agree with TC, no AD is firing #3 after what he has done. #3 would have to miss the Supers 2-3 continuous years. If I were the AD I would try and find out what was needed to get over the hump.

College baseball coaches do get fired for having successful programs that aren't putting out even better results. At a place like Florida, failing to win a single game multiple times as a national seed gets your seat hot.

College baseball coaches do get fired for having successful programs that aren't putting out even better results. At a place like Florida, failing to win a single game multiple times as a national seed gets your seat hot.

Great point.

Advertisement
To look back the last 15 years with no title, I think that signifies a change is needed. A change is coming. But during the past 15 years Morris minus the titles continued a program of excellence. I still think 15 years is too far between titles.

This

O'Sullivan has been HC for 9 years and has been to Omaha 5 times with zero titles. Ron Fraser, the greatest college baseball coach of all time, was HC for 29 years and went to Omaha 12 times with 2 titles. It took Fraser 20 years to win his first title. Point being, O'Sullivan isn't going anywhere.

Advertisement
LOL, if Alabama makes it to three playoffs in the next ten years and loses the first game all three times, the head coach will not keep his job.

What in the world are you guys talking about with Lovelady coming on as an assistant? He's a head coach at D-I school and has a record of 124-56 in 3 years. 69-18 in the conference. He was (is) in the mix for the FIU job, his name has talked about for other openings (and will be, rightfully so). He's not going anywhere as an assistant (unless he's fired from his next big (ger) time gig.

Advertisement
Back