Jim Morris

Cold Beer

Thunderdome
Banned
It is time for this guy to retire or move on. The sooner the better. He has underachieved for too long now. Flaming out of the CWS in 2 games is disgraceful...especially as a #3 national seed. JM has had a free ride for 15 years. Time is up!

Advertisement
We all know it's time, but they are going to let him go when he wants to go, which looks to be after two more years. Unfortunately the 21st century UM athletic department isn't worried about championships. They want solid programs that don't break rules.

Advertisement
The baseball team should be a serious NC contender every 2 - 4 years. That means getting to Omaha and winning games, especially against weaker opponents. Time for Turtle to be the boss or bring in a hungry savage.

Isnt he leaving in 2018 or some sh¡t

He's here for 2 more years, then Gino until he retires, quits, or dies.

Dem's da facts. Deal with it.
Yep.

My hope is that JD takes another job this offseason, then Morris is gone after 2 years, and Gino can start building a different kind of staff under him. I think Gino is a "by-the-book" guy like Morris, but has a little more fire/aggressiveness about him than Morris. That will serve this program well, especially if Gino brings in some like-minded individuals as assistants.

I get the feeling we're going to see some turnover during the next few seasons, not just with Morris leaving in 2 years. I'd like for Gino to make it his own instead of just blindly hiring an alum just because he's an alum.

JD killed us this yr. Woodrey went from our projected top pitcher or atleast serviceable to un-pitchable. D. Garcia did terrible the 2nd half of the yr with over 5.00 ERA. These are veteran guys that progressively got worse. IF Woodrey stayed the same from last yr or just got a little better than this would have been a completely different team down the stretch.

Advertisement
I can somehow see Greg Lovelady be an assistant in the near future or maybe the head coach....just my two cents!

It is time for this guy to retire or move on. The sooner the better. He has underachieved for too long now. Flaming out of the CWS in 2 games is disgraceful...especially as a #3 national seed. JM has had a free ride for 15 years. Time is up!

jaromir-jagr11.jpg Is it you???

One of the other two national seeds is also going home today. (hopefully the gaytors) Miami is one of only three teams to make to Omaha the last two years. The flaws of getting players to come to a private school with no full scholarships seem to have been discussed around here. Despite those issues, the Canes are still getting to the postseason. imo you don't fire a guy doing more with less unless you have an absolute home run replacement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Vandy won it all in 2014 and TCU is still playing...The private school thing is tough, but not a dealbreaker.

I think it is time for ColdBeer whoever the **** he is to retire or move on. What a complete fool. I guess UF's coach should also retire or move on. His team loaded with high draft choices are about to go home after losing 2 straight and scoring 1 run. Just hit a 2 run homer 3-2 bottom 9.

Last edited:

I think it is time for ColdBeer whoever the **** he is to retire or move on. What a complete fool. I guess UF's coach should also retire or move on. His team loaded with high draft choices are about to go home after losing 2 straight and scoring 1 run.

Hold your horses on that bud Peter Alonso just literally launched one

I think it is time for ColdBeer whoever the **** he is to retire or move on. What a complete fool. I guess UF's coach should also retire or move on. His team loaded with high draft choices are about to go home after losing 2 straight and scoring 1 run. Just hit a 2 run homer 3-2 bottom 9.

Turds just came up a little short. Amazing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back