Jim Leavitt

Sebastianspipe

Freshman
It is my opinion that this is the ultimate hire that Al can make on the defensive side of the ball. He has a proven track record of over 20+ years, built a program out of a single trailor into relevance in a 10 year period, and is one of the premier LB coaches in all of football. Plus he relishes another opportunity in the college game, and prefers FL as his daughter lives in Tampa still with 1 year left of high school.

That solves 2 problems, he coaches up the defense and the LB's, enabling you to keep Barrow on staff for recruiting purposes as defensive assistant /LB coach, and also learn from this man for his career development. Another couple of caveats is his relationship with Kevin Patrick as possible DL coach, dynamic recruiter and much better coach than our current one. The other his is familiarity with FL recruiting and the relationships he has in this state including South FL. He recruited SFL pretty well considering he was getting sloppy 2nd's most of the time, but he knows the schools and coaches throughout. Again just my opinion, but he needs to be option numero uno for this position.

Advertisement
I like the guy a lot and it would certainly help with Barrow. You bring him in and Tosh (would be my first choice as DL coach) but him and Patrick would be no slouch.

He supposedly headbutted him or hit him during a halftime speech, which by the way he had done to multiple kids in a fiery way, as I've been in his locker rooms quite a few times. There is no way in **** he had any malicious intent. He was made a scape goat for public perception, and we all see where that program is now without him.

Would be an incredible hire. I think my mother-in-law would be an incredible hire compared to the sack of dog ***** calling our defense now though

Advertisement
If he comes back to college, it'll probably be for a head coaching position.

Also, if by some miracle Golden fires his man-lover, reaches out to Leavitt, Leavitt is interested and interviews, Golden offers and Shalalalala accepts Leavitt as a coach at the University of Miami he'll be here for two years tops IMO.

Also, if by some miracle Golden fires his man-lover, reaches out to Leavitt, Leavitt is interested and interviews, Golden offers and Shalalalala accepts Leavitt as a coach at the University of Miami he'll be here for two years tops IMO.

I'll take two years of him rather than 2 more years of that incompetent douchebag driving us even further into mediocrity

The truth of the matter is that head coaches usually hire coordinators that they know (or know of) and they do not hire hot-heads. Jim Leavitt did not leave on good terms with USF. And with Miami trying to clean up its image, I seriously doubt Al would even consider him.

Advertisement
Leavitt is just as hot headed as any other coach out there named Muschamp, Orgeron, Saban, etc. One thing all these guys have in common though, is they know D and wear their emotions on their sleeve. We need emotion and energy on defense. Al knows and knows of Jim Leavitt. Hocutt hired Al and Leavitt was very supportive of AL when recommending him. FYI Leavitt was Hocutts LB coach at K St.

Leavitt is just as hot headed as any other coach out there named Muschamp, Orgeron, Saban, etc. One thing all these guys have in common though, is they know D and wear their emotions on their sleeve. We need emotion and energy on defense. Al knows and knows of Jim Leavitt. Hocutt hired Al and Leavitt was very supportive of AL when recommending him. FYI Leavitt was Hocutts LB coach at K St.

We could use a hot-headed fiery coach on this staff. Too many mummies skulking around.

Leavitt would be a monster here.

Advertisement
Plus he choked a kid.

Maybe the kid should have just wrote about his feelings in his diary instead of narcing like a little ******.

Pftttttt... Choking. That's just aggressive coaching if you ask me.

I'll take two years of him rather than 2 more years of that incompetent douchebag driving us even further into mediocrity

Correct

Advertisement
I would take Leavitt in a heartbeat. He's the kind of fiery leader we need for this defense and his defenses at USF were strong for the talent he had.

Most defensive coordinators are "very passionate" and show characteristics of having "a few loose screws" upstairs.

But you know what? The way our defense been pushed around by the likes of WF, UNC, and Duke, some guys may need a headbutt, choke or a good old-fashion foot in **** for motivation. LOL

P.S. I do not condone violence. What I am saying is that the defense we have seen for the past few years have not been up to Miami standard. In the past, old-school Canes would have got after the current Canes to encourage them to play better. I'm not sure if this bunch can handle such motivation.

Last edited:
Plus he choked a kid. Always a positive.

we don't know what truly went on there in that situation. USF fired him because as usual they caved to public request of someone losing their job.

Guarantee Golden would not let that happen under his watch

The truth of the matter is that head coaches usually hire coordinators that they know (or know of) and they do not hire hot-heads. Jim Leavitt did not leave on good terms with USF. And with Miami trying to clean up its image, I seriously doubt Al would even consider him.

if al wants to keep his job and put a good product on the field he would consider him

Advertisement
Back