Jhavonte Dean update

I think next year this is the type of defense that could mask major deficiencies in a secondary. However our secondary, especially if we can add this kid, will be far from a deficiency. I expect them to get the opportunity to be an aggressive, ballhawking group and this kid could be a huge part of it.

Only thing we missed this year with our defense is being a bit more opportunistic and scoring off turnovers. I know about the two from the frosh, but I don't recall many more. We may need a few more of those this year with the offensive situation.

Advertisement
How good is this kid? JUCO ranks seem inaccurate at times. But if he's a take at Bama he must be able to play a little bit. Anyone have any insight?

This is good news. Hope it happens. Need this dude to hold things down until we get our 2017 & 2018 DB class set. If bamer hasn't give him an ultimatum then it probably means they backed off anyway IMO.

Advertisement
Biggest defensive addition of this class. With this front 7 and his ability this secondary can do damage and wreak havoc. Hope we finish with 1 more cb at least so we can move Redwine to fs

How good is this kid? JUCO ranks seem inaccurate at times. But if he's a take at Bama he must be able to play a little bit. Anyone have any insight?

I watched his tape, it's very good. Napier has been trying to reel this guy in for Bama, trust me when I say this is a big get.

I think next year this is the type of defense that could mask major deficiencies in a secondary. However our secondary, especially if we can add this kid, will be far from a deficiency. I expect them to get the opportunity to be an aggressive, ballhawking group and this kid could be a huge part of it.

Only thing we missed this year with our defense is being a bit more opportunistic and scoring off turnovers. I know about the two from the frosh, but I don't recall many more. We may need a few more of those this year with the offensive situation.

That's a good point. I think that that's the next step for this group. Defensive scores can be devastating. Hopefully that's the natural progression for these guys as they grow up

Advertisement

I watched his tape, it's very good. Napier has been trying to reel this guy in for Bama, trust me when I say this is a big get.
If Saban is recruiting a DB, that's all I need to know

i feel deejay will be a FS and a very good one for us, don't think he will start next year though

dean, young, and bandy as our starters is a very solid group with quan at SS, FS is a toss up

Advertisement
i feel deejay will be a FS and a very good one for us, don't think he will start next year though

dean, young, and bandy as our starters is a very solid group with quan at SS, FS is a toss up

Who u got at safeties ? We need ones who can hit and cover

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Who u got at safeties ? We need ones who can hit and cover

well deejay imo will be a really good FS for us, quan imo is a SS he doesn't really have a FS burst, it be interesting to see who our FS will be

Advertisement
Back