Jhavonte Dean At Browns Rookie Mini-Camp

Advertisement
🤔 The last ten years I would say...

1. TE
2. OL
3. DB
Rb probably would be next. Last 4 starters at rb have been drafted (miller 2012, duke 2015, walton 2018, homer 2019) with more in the pipeline. Miller has had a very solid career(2nd most rushing yards in the league since 2014) and duke has had a productive career as well so far. Might have rb over db, but we have had 7 dbs drafted in the last 3-4 years just not high draft picks.

The question is will those other positions develop.

Now let's think about Miami.. where do we strongly develop guys at? What specific positions?

idc, neg me...but 'Bag Man' James Ellsworth-Hartley was a very good coach and developer at the TE position. Njoku, Herndon is a very strong resume. He would have turned Brevin Jordan into a first rounder and Will Mallory a high round draft pick.

Lets see if this continues under Manny with Stephen Field in the same Hartley role. Only firing / loss of a coach I was immediately regretting.

Advertisement
They have the blue print, recruit elite dlineman, elite QBs, and elite receivers. The rest of their position groups are not on the level that they recruit those specific 3 positions. They have good but not elite recruiting on the oline,db,rb and linebacker positions.
They do now, turning down 5 stars. Their recruiting before was really good but in the past year it's really turned super elite as kids know they aren't going anywhere.

This is just another brick in the wall....showing that overall the NFL's ability to judge real talent is Meh.... just slightly a notch above abysmal

I wish him well.

By now, there are probably more Canes who came into the NFL as FAs than were drafted.
Really? One single preseason camp practice proves that?

And how would they have judged him, anyhow, based on his play at UM?

Rb probably would be next. Last 4 starters at rb have been drafted (miller 2012, duke 2015, walton 2018, homer 2019) with more in the pipeline. Miller has had a very solid career(2nd most rushing yards in the league since 2014) and duke has had a productive career as well so far. Might have rb over db, but we have had 7 dbs drafted in the last 3-4 years just not high draft picks.

One of the most underestimated careers..... Miller

Most quiet 2nd in rushing the past 4 seasons ever

Advertisement
Dean is an example of a kid that needed at least one more year in college. He was starting to turn it on at the end there, but just was too raw for us to benefit. He has raw athletic skills out the *** though. Hope he sticks, he’s only going to get better.

Advertisement
Dean has always been a talent, his issues are playing the ball, he's long & fast, if he can get his technique right he can play in the league for a while.

idc, neg me...but 'Bag Man' James Ellsworth-Hartley was a very good coach and developer at the TE position. Njoku, Herndon is a very strong resume. He would have turned Brevin Jordan into a first rounder and Will Mallory a high round draft pick.

Lets see if this continues under Manny with Stephen Field in the same Hartley role. Only firing / loss of a coach I was immediately regretting.

James Ellsworth-Hartley.... 😂😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

On the subject of Dean and other Miami alum in Cleveland.... I love my Iggles, but Imma have to start rooting for the Cleveland Hurricanes for a few years. I wish Dean, Redwine, Major9 and the rest of our alum success in the league and some pro-bowls.

582D85A3-958C-4088-B7B3-C35FD266B1D1.jpeg

Advertisement

I'd argue that they were already talented and would have developed regardless, just like Brevin and Mallory will.

I'd argue that they were already talented and would have developed regardless, just like Brevin and Mallory will.

Lol yeah, those kids were making it anyways. And Hartley didn’t do anything to recruit them.

Hartley just yelled mindlessly. I’m glad his shell shocked ear is at Georgia

Advertisement
Back