Jhavonte Dean At Browns Rookie Mini-Camp

Advertisement
Hes 6'1 190 with legit 4.3 speed. You take a flyer on that kid all day and twice on Sunday if you are going through the UFDA bucket and see that at CB..You got nothing to lose. And the mini-camp showing just made it an even easier chose.

Your writeup wasn't wrong. If Dean had been been here all 4 years I would have loved to see how he could be developed.

Sidenote..the dolphins are just trash. That's the reason I have never been a fan even as a SFLA native. Those guys almost go out of their way to **** on Cane prospects. And the 2 they had that played **** good for them they let walk out the door. smh. (Vernon and Miller)
As a long time, hardcore Dolphin fan, I can say they make me absolutely sick. They repeat the same mistakes. We're always trying to be a version of some outdated model, it seems. We can't even properly extract the value from prospects playing in their own ******* stadium. When they took the PSU TE in the 2nd round and let Herndon's value slip, it was obvious we were just gonna get more of the same. Little things like that over the years really add up.

As a long time, hardcore Dolphin fan, I can say they make me absolutely sick. They repeat the same mistakes. We're always trying to be a version of some outdated model, it seems. We can't even properly extract the value from prospects playing in their own ******* stadium. When they took the PSU TE in the 2nd round and let Herndon's value slip, it was obvious we were just gonna get more of the same. Little things like that over the years really add up.

Ims till mad at that pick. I saw BUM written all over him...They legit drafted ...2 bum tes int he SAME draft from the BIG 10.

Not getting Gerald Willis as a scheme fit i kind of understand. But we routinely dont get Miami or tate of florida guys...like their scouting department is essentially guys that just wants to take long trips to North Dakota or some obscure midwest destinations

Ims till mad at that pick. I saw BUM written all over him...They legit drafted ...2 bum tes int he SAME draft from the BIG 10.

Not getting Gerald Willis as a scheme fit i kind of understand. But we routinely dont get Miami or tate of florida guys...like their scouting department is essentially guys that just wants to take long trips to North Dakota or some obscure midwest destinations
And the worst thing about the Gesicki pick was everyone knew the guy couldn't get in and out of his breaks. It wasn't some hidden secret. Yet, they did the "he can run in a straight line and jump high" so he'll be good in the redzone! Horrible. How do people get paid legit money for those decisions?

Advertisement
Dude is actually a great man cover guy, as he has the speed to turn and go with anyone; in shorts and tshirts… Then when the pads come on, he disappears. Part of it is I don't think he really enjoys any other part of the game, other than man coverage.

And the worst thing about the Gesicki pick was everyone knew the guy couldn't get in and out of his breaks. It wasn't some hidden secret. Yet, they did the "he can run in a straight line and jump high" so he'll be good in the redzone! Horrible. How do people get paid legit money for those decisions?

What are your thoughts on the new regime? I'm holding out some hope that the **** show will end.

Great point..My last Phins comment because I know this is a Canes board...in the Mid-late 90s the Bucs went ape**** and drafted a bunch of state of Florida college draft picks from the big 3 schools..Got them multiple trips to the playoffs and conference title games and a SB. Why is it so hard for the Dolphins to see that formula can work? Smh.

What are your thoughts on the new regime? I'm holding out some hope that the **** show will end.
Too early to tell what their approach is, but I hope it’s not ‘Pats South’ model. Valuing some of the things the Pats have done is great, except you can’t duplicate their model or come close because you’re missing Brady and Belichick. There are tons of variables that go into building a sustainably good (great, in their case) franchise. Copying models without putting your own touch or accounting for your specific variables seems as nonsensical as not having any model at all.

I know one thing: if there’s value on the table, for years the Dolphins have found a way to leave some of it behind. I don’t get it. They’ve now made two solid 1st picks in a row. They also made a nice move to grab a 2nd rounder next year. We’ll see if there are any instances of finding hidden value. That’s how great franchises are built.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back