Jethro must go

Advertisement
"I would say No. 2 was Miami but it wasn't really close like people think," Clark said. "Florida over Miami because the campus is much better than Miami, and the education. They take more responsibility in the education and on top of that their football team -- it's just a great tradition and there's nothing like playing in the Swamp."

Lulz

This 'fanbase' can bytch and moan all they want about Coaches Franklin and D'Onofrio, but any kid who says this kind of stupid crap was never coming here, and no amount of recruiting effort was going to change that. Can't blame a kid for wanting to play in the SEC or going away from home, but to make up dumb ***** like this just shows that we were never in it for this kid.

"I would say No. 2 was Miami but it wasn't really close like people think," Clark said. "Florida over Miami because the campus is much better than Miami, and the education. They take more responsibility in the education and on top of that their football team -- it's just a great tradition and there's nothing like playing in the Swamp."

Lulz

This 'fanbase' can bytch and moan all they want about Coaches Franklin and D'Onofrio, but any kid who says this kind of stupid crap was never coming here, and no amount of recruiting effort was going to change that. Can't blame a kid for wanting to play in the SEC or going away from home, but to make up dumb ***** like this just shows that we were never in it for this kid.

Maybe al the visits were to make his parents happy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well I'm not saying he is or he isn't, however, he could've simply talked to Clark on the phone a couple times and 247 Sports would still put his name as a recruiter.

Reason I ask is...

Many people put blame on Franklin for us not being able to bring in top DT's but they don't understand that the coaches recruit by region. (not by position)

I'm not sure if Franklin is responsible for Clark or not but I can almost guarantee that he's not responsible for all our DT recruiting woes.

The only Miami coach I've EVER seen recruit in Broward is D'Onofrio.

Well I'm not saying he is or he isn't, however, he could've simply talked to Clark on the phone a couple times and 247 Sports would still put his name as a recruiter.

Reason I ask is...

Many people put blame on Franklin for us not being able to bring in top DT's but they don't understand that the coaches recruit by region. (not by position)

I'm not sure if Franklin is responsible for Clark or not but I can almost guarantee that he's not responsible for all our DT recruiting woes.

Look last year UM was te first to offer Tampa Area stars DE Jordan Sheritt ( earl moores teamate) and DE Joey Ivey ( off the charts strength) whom Jethro directly recruited and both committed to UF. Early in the year Jethro was releaved of Tampa Area recruiting and they gave it to Brennan Carroll but the damage was done already. The writting is on the wall for Jethro which is why he snuck iff to interview for OU job a few months back, without Al knowing supposedly. I think AG jst wanted to get through the camp season then fire Jethro and replace him with somene like a Kevin Patrick.

Go Canes

Can anyone point out to me a quality recruit that Franklin has been the lead recruiter on in his time at UM? I'm not seeing it......

Reason I ask is...

Look last year UM was te first to offer Tampa Area stars DE Jordan Sheritt ( earl moores teamate) and DE Joey Ivey ( off the charts strength) whom Jethro directly recruited and both committed to UF. Early in the year Jethro was releaved of Tampa Area recruiting and they gave it to Brennan Carroll but the damage was done already. The writting is on the wall for Jethro which is why he snuck iff to interview for OU job a few months back, without Al knowing supposedly. I think AG jst wanted to get through the camp season then fire Jethro and replace him with somene like a Kevin Patrick.

Go Canes

So they relieved Jethro of the Tampa area and gave him South Florida? (a more important area)

Advertisement
Man, there is alot of smoke with Jethro but the more I think about it, all these DT's are going to the SEC. I hate to trott out the tired old, "they getting paid" argument, but the SEC literally gets like 90% of all top DT's. Or even DL for that matter.

There's probably too much smoke on both Jethro and the SEC. IDK. All I do know is, Jethro's kids better show marked improvement on the field this year. If Curtis Porter is healthy, he better be a beast. Same with Pierre. Earl Moore needs to show improvement along with whoever else we put out there.

Man, there is alot of smoke with Jethro but the more I think about it, all these DT's are going to the SEC. I hate to trott out the tired old, "they getting paid" argument, but the SEC literally gets like 90% of all top DT's. Or even DL for that matter.

There's probably too much smoke on both Jethro and the SEC. IDK. All I do know is, Jethro's kids better show marked improvement on the field this year. If Curtis Porter is healthy, he better be a beast. Same with Pierre. Earl Moore needs to show improvement along with whoever else we put out there.

Id agree with the whole DT to SEC statement, but there have been pleanty high quality DTs landing on other teams in our conference. As well as other Top DTs landing elsewhere. Not saying we were in on lot of them, but still. Edwards/Goldman to FSU, Watkins to CLEM. SEC only landed 2 of the top DTs in '12, 1 in top 15 in '11. Vanderdoes to UCLA, Bigelow to USC this past year. Definitely not gonna argue the pull of the SEC on DL though, thats been the mindset of these kids the past couple years.

Bottom line, we need to be pull better DT talent, period. Moore, Ivery and Knighton in a 2 year period isnt gonna cut it. We obviously dont need reminded Bryant, Bostwick, Bain and Clark are tough misses, but Valentine needs to be a top priority.

Advertisement
I dont think Bain is a big miss. Bryant is a bum. Bostwick and Clark.... mehhh.... perhaps. But! If we can land T.V. and a couple of guys, mainly jucos, we will be on very good shape.

Advertisement
Back