Jethro Franklin to the Raiders

Smart man, he got out before everyone gets canned next year....Looking forward to see what coach thinks its a good idea to accept a position on this sinking ship of a football program

Advertisement
Susan Miller Degnan ‏@smillerdegnan 10m10 minutes ago

The University of Miami confirms that Jethro Franklin is leaving. Actually, Jethro confirms it himself...

Gotta be the happiest person in the Hecht building right now..

hope he has better luck in Oakland! I'm not sure I trust Al to make the right hire, but it doesn't matter All of them gone after next year anyway

As a NFL coach he won't have to recruit so the Raiders won't have to worry about that weakness.

Advertisement
As a die hard of both these teams, I strangely have no strong reaction one way or the other to this news. Fire Al Golden.

Promoting Brown would be such a lazy move, even if players want him.

Which means that is what's gonna happen

I remember a lot of fans hated jeff stoutland then he gets hired away and excels at Bama then the nfl. A position coach can really be held back by the HC. However, jethro couldnt recruit so i am thrilled he is gone

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement
Thayer Evans @ThayerEvansSI · 6m 6 minutes ago

Miami DL coach Jethro Franklin expected to accept same job w/ Oakland Raiders per sources.

Lmfao. Haven't read the post but I bet a lot of ppl of laughing and calling this, if true, a bad hire. I'm gonna laugh that this will be a great hire and he only looks like bad coach because of Golden. Lol

he may end up being a good DL coach, but he couldnt recruit and thats what we need out of that spot, as well. the next coach has to be able to bring in some high end DL

You never felt he was a problem? Have not watched his DL play? So now that we are getting coached out of here, they weren't the problem. Sure. It's all Goldlen's fault...

Franklin sucked! Glad he's moving on to the worst NFL team.

As an old friend of Jethro Frankin, Im really happy reading this. I never felt he was the problem here. His resume as a D line coach is solid. As well, I cannot fault him for not being able to recruit D tackles into the golden-dorito shell scheme. Zig Ziglar and Dale Carnegie couldn't combine to sell what golden's defenses have to offer.

Best of luck Jethro!!!

You never felt he was a problem? Have not watched his DL play? So now that we are getting coached out of here, they weren't the problem. Sure. It's all Goldlen's fault...

Franklin sucked! Glad he's moving on to the worst NFL team.

As an old friend of Jethro Frankin, Im really happy reading this. I never felt he was the problem here. His resume as a D line coach is solid. As well, I cannot fault him for not being able to recruit D tackles into the golden-dorito shell scheme. Zig Ziglar and Dale Carnegie couldn't combine to sell what golden's defenses have to offer.

Best of luck Jethro!!!

Franklin couldnt recruit for ****. glad he's gone.

oh wait here comes another infraction for personal insults...

Advertisement
I remember a lot of fans hated jeff stoutland then he gets hired away and excels at Bama then the nfl. A position coach can really be held back by the HC. However, jethro couldnt recruit so i am thrilled he is gone

I actually remember the opposite. A lot of fans, including myself, felt the Oline got much better after Stoutland arrived. I thought the Oline played with better technique and were more fundamentally sound. He was good at Michigan State, Miami and Bama.....also a very good recruiter.

I have been underwhelmed with the Dline since Golden and Jethro got here. Even if the scheme is a big reason, i thought some of the drills i saw at practice were ridiculous and from what i've seen on tape, our guys don't play with good hand placement or leverage, something scheme has nothing to do with.

On pass rush down, i saw nothing....no moves.....rips, swims, chops/counter clubs, push/pulls.....the method of choice was only bull rush and speed.

The sad part of it all is that Al gets to name the replacement, so color me not very excited.

Advertisement
Back