Jesiah Pierre

never thought he was U material

Agree. This is for the best. He's a heavy footed, slow, sluggish mover. The spread offenses and speed that are prevalent in the ACC would've been a tough adjustment for him. Pierre has a dinosaur skillset although 2-down thumpers have some utility in the SEC so UF does make sense for him. They probably pitched him that he could be the next Brandon Spikes.

Advertisement
they are going ot have to recalibrate their board. Jahmar Brown nor Anthony Solomon can play inside.

Will have to view Williams from Norland, maybe review Hypollite at American Heritage(He has a Denzel Perryman frame)

To those concerned about the lack of a "thumper" in this class - you need physicality at the point of attack from your DL. They set the tone and your LBs should be fluid-moving athletes who can play in space, cover and finish plays. The days of Jeremiah Trotter and Spikes are long in the past.

they are going ot have to recalibrate their board. Jahmar Brown nor Anthony Solomon can play inside.

Will have to view Williams from Norland, maybe review Hypollite at American Heritage(He has a Denzel Perryman frame)
I think huff can play inside

He played no body!! His whole front 7 looked like all stars vs the crap teams they played. Chiiiiild please!!! Majestic Unicorn 🦄!!!

Lol. I realize the comp is trash, but he seems to dominate that ****** comp.

I see a guy with size who instinctively locates the ball carrier, quickly negotiates through traffic, and tackles with violence. None of this wrap up, drag down crap.

Advertisement
Naw thats not his game. Well atleast not early on. Busta needs to be outside so he can run stuff down and use his athleticism.
I disagree. The game has changed. Its about speed and playing in space. Huff is 6'3 and i think he could easily end up being 230-235.

Advertisement
It’s clear as day that we are moving to a 2 pure lb system, with a striker as the 3rd lb.
Classic lumbering 240lb mlbs are slowly becoming dinosaurs anyway, made obsolete by the plethora of spread and spread option offenses. No one runs i-form with a fb anymore, it’s all misdirection zone blocking with 3 options on every play.

Everything we’re seeing (Jennings moving to wlb, Smith and Shaq both likely leaving yet very little effort to take 3 mlbs to replace them) tells me that we are transitioning away from tge mlb. We’ll probably try to get one on the roster for situational use replacing Pierre or just deploy Jennings there when needed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You're just as stupid then as you are now then.
You don't just drop a good player because he is being recruited by other schools dude.
You are as gullible as ever d*ckhead, did you not read his comments about his “commitment” months prior. It was evident then his heart wasnt in to being a cane. This sh*t isn’t rocket science

I disagree. The game has changed. Its about speed and playing in space. Huff is 6'3 and i think he could easily end up being 230-235.

Im the one that has watched Huff more than any on the board. MCCLOUD IS 6'3 230+ now would you stick him in the middle?. Huff looks like a Sam Backer all the way. He mightnot even play much LB this year at STA.

The same people complaining about needing a "thumper" are the ones trashing McCloud for being too slow to play here during the season.

If a kid doesn't have Shaq or Rian Davis talent, give me speed at the LB position, at all 3 spots.

Obviously if there is a special talent like Shaq then its a no brainer, I'm not sure Pierre is at that level though

Advertisement
Back