Advertisement
Relax we will upgrade...
Akeem Dent --> ???
Derick Hunter --> ???
Brieon Fuller #310 --> Jeremiah Payton #56
Diamonte Howard #608 --> Avery Huff #323
Brandon Cunningham #379 --> Michael Tarquin #269
Jesiah Pierre #606 --> ???

Great point. For every school, recruiting is fluid nowadays (look at Bama, they've had a bunch of top-100 guys decommit for 2019). Maybe Steele takes Dents spot and Ingraham takes Hunters.

People freak out, but it's not like the spot wont be filled.

Decommits that hurt are the ones like Jobe right before NSD. Those people are right to be upset about

Class star average up to 3.5. Good good

Getting rid of the excess 3 stars, had way too many for an elite class

Advertisement
Im the one that has watched Huff more than any on the board. MCCLOUD IS 6'3 230+ now would you stick him in the middle?. Huff looks like a Sam Backer all the way. He mightnot even play much LB this year at STA.
I would put mcloud in the middle. And with diaz adding 4-2-5 looks to the defense and all the spread offenses in the acc there may not be a sam on the field.

Pierre was built like MLB And was fast but no one knows how good he really is because of the competition he plays against. Not really sweating it. This has been obvious for a while.

I think we could stick with the 3 we already have if Diaz plans on moving Huff to Mike LB, but Huff isn't really a natural Mike. He could grow into because he's that athletically gifted.

Solomon is probably the best of the group in Pass coverage, but idk if physically he's big enough yet to be a Mike.

If they're still going to take 4 LB's, I would like to see us look at Dorian Jones from Oxbridge (kid is an absolute hammer, great tackler) & Darius Williams from Norland.

Also think we should keep an eye on Leslie Smith at MNW, he's a Miami High transfer (was at Keys Gates before that) & he'll be playing Mike this year for MNW. He's nice looking prospect 6'0 200+lbs & has good speed.

Either way, I think we're good no matter what. I like Jahmar Brown too, but he's not a Mike LB either, but I trust Diaz knows what he's looking for.

Advertisement
I didn't mind him, but not gonna sweat it. Would have like to see that tape pop a little more for what he's playing against...Was intriguing because of the size though.

Williams from Norland or Jahmar Brown maybe come into play as a mike? (and yes I know Brown can play Will too)

EDIT: I see Lib City mentioned most of this and more above^^ good stuff

Last edited:
Don’t know much about the Williams kid but Brown seems to be another strict WLB type. Undersized, quick, slips through contact guy.

Relax we will upgrade...
Akeem Dent --> ???
Derick Hunter --> ???
Brieon Fuller #310 --> Jeremiah Payton #56
Diamonte Howard #608 --> Avery Huff #323
Brandon Cunningham #379 --> Michael Tarquin #269
Jesiah Pierre #606 --> ???

We gon be alright. This ain’t Al Golden on the trail anymore.

Advertisement
I disagree. The game has changed. Its about speed and playing in space. Huff is 6'3 and i think he could easily end up being 230-235.

The game has changed, but not to this extent. You need a true MLB. Almost all top-25 level Power 5 teams would look at the type of personnel you're talking about & say we have a massive O-line, a good RB, & we're going to just run it down your throats, and they'll be successful.

Advertisement
We are not gonna get back a single kid that leaves, plain n simple move on...this staff needs to adjust their process, it looks dumb having all these kids come n leave like this... we need to figure out what we want to do and stick with it... this kid was good but not great... now let's see what we do

Advertisement
Back