Jerseys vs UVA — Seriously?

First, we are wearing the Parley for the UVa game.

As for VaTech, they have done a couple of things where they work this "Hokie Stone" thing into the design.

"It's based off Hokie Stone, a signature limestone-dolomite mix quarried near Blacksburg and used in all buildings on campus. The players even touch a Hokie Stone before coming out on the field."

See below, this is when they did the Hokie Stone helmets in 2013.

This is why that program appears “Stoned.”

Advertisement
I wish ya’ll would stop w this pic as an example. This was GOLDEN’s combo. These jerseys were just fine. The combo that Golden put together, which was stated at that time, was not. It was another implication of how out of touch he was.

Adidas have been fine besides their original jerseys and strawberry patterns. These new joints are basic; but they could be worst. But don’t dare say they’re fresh, b/c they are not.

Can I use these then? Cause there's always more in the hot trash bin if we're talkin' our relationship with Nike and Phil Knight in those last 10 years of the deal.

Screenshot_20190819-190155_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190819-190211_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Can I use these then? Cause there's always more in the hot trash bin if we're talkin' our relationship with Nike in those last 10 years of our relationship with Phil Knight.

View attachment 94240
View attachment 94241

ABSOLUTELY! Horrible at its finest. Although if I’m not mistaken, the latter pic was still a Golden combo. But regardless, yes....horrible, terrible design.

Can I use these then? Cause there's always more in the hot trash bin if we're talkin' our relationship with Nike in those last 10 years of our relationship with Phil Knight.

View attachment 94240
View attachment 94241
This uni look way better than those imo. I would Have changed the sleeves up a little bit I’m fine with it overall. I feel Like it’s going to look even better during the game
73075E37-223F-4D9E-9A72-FFE35B3E4320.jpeg

Advertisement
ABSOLUTELY! Horrible at its finest. Although if I’m not mistaken, the latter pic was still a Golden combo. But regardless, yes....horrible, terrible design.

you are mistaken. the orange ones were pro combats (look at the logo on the collar). those were the second ones we wore vs vt and got smoked. it was still a randy era uni. golden had full bra straps with no changes till the redesign

Advertisement

View attachment 94240
View attachment 94241

That last picture was pumpkin spice latte orange. Really went over well with the woolen cap and oversized eyeglasses hipsters at the coffee shop.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This uni look way better than those imo. I would Have changed the sleeves up a little bit I’m fine with it overall. I feel Like it’s going to look even better during the game
View attachment 94246

Brock; these r straight trash my guy. This looks like something from the 1800’s that they tried to make modern.

I’m all for throw backs, but let it be OUR throw back. Looks like a FUBU Jersey, blood. Lol. And if I’m being 💯, if Nike did this chit for another school, u know good & well we would be clowning the chit out of them...and if these had a swoosh on them, I would be calling them trash, too.

Unless we just struck a deal w David Beckham & his team to play in their proposed stadium, this chit has no purpose being in our locker room. Just like Nike had that lazy upside down U or wtf that was on our jersey, Adidas just gave us a lazy design w the aid of recyclables. My lil relative could’ve etch & sketched this chit.

Last edited:
Brock; these r straight trash my guy. This looks like something from the 1800’s that they tried to make modern.

I’m all for throw backs, but let it be OUR throw back. Looks like a FUBU Jersey, blood. Lol. And if I’m being 💯, if Nike did this chit for another school, u know good & well we would be clowning the chit out of them...and if these had a swoosh on them, I would be calling them trash, too.

Unless we just struck a deal w David Beckham & his team to play in their proposed stadium, this chit has no purpose being in our locker room. Just like Nike had that lazy upside down U or wtf that was on our jersey, Adidas just gave us a lazy design w the aid or recyclables. My lil relative could’ve etch & sketched this chit.

I'll say this, I did like the uni combo's that Nike did in 2014, during UM's last season with the Swoosh.

Adidas has been hit or miss to me. Personally, I like our basic old-fashioned 'Coke Classic' uniforms

I'll say this, I did like the uni combo's that Nike did in 2014, during UM's last season with the Swoosh.

Adidas has been hit or miss to me. Personally, I like our basic old-fashioned 'Coke Classic' uniforms

Thank you; the 2014 jerseys were clean....which is y the players were going crazy. Golden messed up on some really nice color combos and had us looking like some D3 schools.

Adidas has been very much hit or miss and that’s been their m.o. w American sports jerseys and their replicas. They are a European company that focuses on futbol.

Thank you; the 2014 jerseys were clean....which is y the players were going crazy. Golden messed up on some really nice color combos and had us looking like some D3 schools.

Adidas has been very much hit or miss and that’s been their m.o. w American sports jerseys and their replicas. They are a European company that focuses on futbol.

you know what uni's I really came to like(outside the ones in the 80's), were the ones that Nike did during the Edgerrin James years, with the shadow on the numbers. I thought they were a great evolution from the jerseys from the glory days(when I think Russell Athletic was making them)

Advertisement
Back