Jersey combo?

I'm in love with our unis. Love all the combos, was very suprised how good the smoke looked on tv. Only thing I dislike is those light green laces in the shoes. It makes no sense what so ever.

Advertisement
On the list of Al Golden ***** ups, this is fairly minor, but still, it simply continues to reinforce the point that our head coach is completely out of touch with our tradition.

The players pick the uniform combo

Not only that, but what exactly is our tradition? The two tone collars and shadowed numbers of the mid 90's? The half stripe on the pants and swirling lines of the early 2000's? Maybe it was de-emphasizing orange from 2000 till mid-2003? The bra strap? The upside down "U" of the most recent version? Miami has no uniform tradition. Someone put it perfectly. Our traditionalist(A miami hurricanes fan who is a traditionalist doesn't make any sense) are asking for the late 80's and early 90's uniforms. Pretending like Miami has some uniform that is identifiable to the masses is just pretending.

Agreed. If anything our tradition is having cool new cutting edge design uniforms like in 2000-2003. My only issue is I think they had a great opportunity post investigation to come up with awesome modern uniforms and in my opinion what they came up with is just whatever. It's not so much I think they're ugly...it's hard to make orange and green ugly. They just seem like every other teams uniforms that came out with new uniforms recently. Also absolutely hate the alternate helmets and wish we would just throw them in the garbage and never wear them again

On the list of Al Golden ***** ups, this is fairly minor, but still, it simply continues to reinforce the point that our head coach is completely out of touch with our tradition.

Not only that, but what exactly is our tradition? The two tone collars and shadowed numbers of the mid 90's? The half stripe on the pants and swirling lines of the early 2000's? Maybe it was de-emphasizing orange from 2000 till mid-2003? The bra strap? The upside down "U" of the most recent version? Miami has no uniform tradition. Someone put it perfectly. Our traditionalist(A miami hurricanes fan who is a traditionalist doesn't make any sense) are asking for the late 80's and early 90's uniforms. Pretending like Miami has some uniform that is identifiable to the masses is just pretending.

We had basically the same jersey design from the mid to late 70s until 1999. It was tweaked a little bit until 2000.

1981ChrisHobbs.jpg

to

vinny_testaverde.jpg

to

ncf_u_torretta_195.jpg

to

yatil_green.jpg

Even the early 70s uniforms were very similar, just green instead of orange

Miami+Hurricanes+1974.jpg

So, basically 20+ years of the same thing, with little changes. Very similar to what FSU did with their minor changes over the same period of time. No one is saying Miami has had the same uniform for 80 years, but people associate Miami football with growing into a national power in the 80s and early 90s, and they do so with those uniforms. They were around for more than 20 years in some form or another, and a lot of people like them.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2009563 said:
Love the unis. The new helmets should have been painted flat.

Exactly. A matte finish and they're unstoppable. The glossy **** doesn't really match the green in the uniform????

Exactly. A matte finish and they're unstoppable. The glossy **** doesn't really match the green in the uniform????

don't think they're glossy, its actually worse than that... I think its a matte clear, but has a glitter in the paint that makes them look like christmas ornaments

don't think they're glossy, its actually worse than that... I think its a matte clear, but has a glitter in the paint that makes them look like christmas ornaments

Yup. I was excited about the new helmets actually, and they look great in certain combos but that finish on them just doesn't look right at all. I see a lot of teams going with that style but it doesn't work on ours. Hope we see a change because the actual colors are nice.

Yup. I was excited about the new helmets actually, and they look great in certain combos but that finish on them just doesn't look right at all. I see a lot of teams going with that style but it doesn't work on ours. Hope we see a change because the actual colors are nice.

This

Advertisement

We had basically the same jersey design from the mid to late 70s until 1999. It was tweaked a little bit until 2000.

View attachment 26135

to

View attachment 26137

to

View attachment 26138

to

View attachment 26139

View attachment 26136

So, basically 20+ years of the same thing, with little changes. Very similar to what FSU did with their minor changes over the same period of time. No one is saying Miami has had the same uniform for 80 years, but people associate Miami football with growing into a national power in the 80s and early 90s, and they do so with those uniforms. They were around for more than 20 years in some form or another, and a lot of people like them.

i like the 2000-03 unis MUCH MORE than the old jerseys.

View attachment 26135

to

View attachment 26137

to

View attachment 26138

to

View attachment 26139

View attachment 26136

I don't mind the changed designs every so often but the traditional color combos is what needs to stay. Fincane is right that we don't have a traditional uniform design, but we do have tradition in our color schemes.

Away it should be white on green, white on white or white on orange.
Home orange on white and green on white.

Only our white helmets should be worn and if once a year they go with a smoke jersey or something along those lines, fine.
But this Oregon **** of every combination under the sun every week with these shiny helmets is pretty lame . once or twice a year, cool but otherwise it should be the traditional color combos.

It's ironic hearing all the people saying others must be color blind going with the combos they are choosing. I mean, you haven't even seen them wear it yet, and you are all saying it's horrible. Just because it isn't traditional doesn't mean it isn't good or even great.
If you didn't like the green pants, white jersey, and either green or white helmet look we wore at UL and Nebraska you're just crazy and a liar. We looked really good in those combos. ****, I hate wearing orange on orange or green on green, and These new Unis actually make it look waay better than last year.
The only way these unis could be better is if the helmets weren't shiny as some others had said. If they were a flat orange/green they would look amazing.
As far as the combo goes, I like us wearing a bunch of diff away combos, but think when we are at home we should wear the classic (white pants, orange jersey, white helmet) combo's for the better games like FSU. I don't care if we wear diff combos vs Arkansas St or USF or whatever crappy teams we play. But for the big home games we gotta wear the classics.

It's ironic hearing all the people saying others must be color blind going with the combos they are choosing. I mean, you haven't even seen them wear it yet, and you are all saying it's horrible. Just because it isn't traditional doesn't mean it isn't good or even great.
If you didn't like the green pants, white jersey, and either green or white helmet look we wore at UL and Nebraska you're just crazy and a liar. We looked really good in those combos. ****, I hate wearing orange on orange or green on green, and These new Unis actually make it look waay better than last year.
The only way these unis could be better is if the helmets weren't shiny as some others had said. If they were a flat orange/green they would look amazing.
As far as the combo goes, I like us wearing a bunch of diff away combos, but think when we are at home we should wear the classic (white pants, orange jersey, white helmet) combo's for the better games like FSU. I don't care if we wear diff combos vs Arkansas St or USF or whatever crappy teams we play. But for the big home games we gotta wear the classics.

We're saying they're horrible cause they're horrible. Orange shirts with green pants PLUS a green helmet just doesn't look good. I like some of the new combinations, it's not a traditional vs modern thing.

And in addition...there's a picture a couple of pages back with one of the players wearing this combo. You can see it there for yourself.

Bottom line, whoever is responsible for picking the weekly combination...and in turn in whoever is responsible for giving the aforementioned the right to decide those combos...are colorblind.

Advertisement

View attachment 26135

to

View attachment 26137

to

View attachment 26138

to

View attachment 26139

View attachment 26136

I don't mind the changed designs every so often but the traditional color combos is what needs to stay. Fincane is right that we don't have a traditional uniform design, but we do have tradition in our color schemes.

Away it should be white on green, white on white or white on orange.
Home orange on white and green on white.

Only our white helmets should be worn and if once a year they go with a smoke jersey or something along those lines, fine.
But this Oregon **** of every combination under the sun every week with these shiny helmets is pretty lame . once or twice a year, cool but otherwise it should be the traditional color combos.

players pick the uni combos right? and i do like the smoke tho. that jersey looks so good on tv and in person. they need to keep that forever regardless if its traditional or not.

We're saying they're horrible cause they're horrible. Orange shirts with green pants PLUS a green helmet just doesn't look good. I like some of the new combinations, it's not a traditional vs modern thing.

And in addition...there's a picture a couple of pages back with one of the players wearing this combo. You can see it there for yourself.

Bottom line, whoever is responsible for picking the weekly combination...and in turn in whoever is responsible for giving the aforementioned the right to decide those combos...are colorblind.

i think its the senior captains?

i think its the senior captains?

And who gave the senior captains that authority? I have to assume it's the coaching staff. Blame both.

Advertisement
Some of the commentators are becoming more bold in mocking various uniforms they see around the country. I've heard it several times today while clicking channels. Good job. They need to be ridiculed. It's hilarious that any grotesque over-complicated design is supposed to be accepted and appreciated simply because it's so-called "modern."

The SEC further sets itself apart in this area. The vast majority of those schools have stayed away from the petrified insecurity of believing they need to emulate Oregon or cater to wishes of the players. By far the best uniform combo in the early games today is Tennessee vs. Florida. Both teams in classic designs with white pants, lots of stripes, and recognizable school colors and helmets. Even the Tennessee end zone is still dressed in checkerboard like I remember from more than 40 years ago as a kid.

UT uses an ugly orange and they have ugly uniforms. I'd say A&M and Miss St have the best uniform combo right now.

Advertisement
Back