2024 Jerrick Gibson RB

Hopefully Texas underperforms and we demonstrate competence for once in a long time. That ought to put Sark on the hot seat and give pause to any big player looking to commit there.
It may but Sark is about to have a RB possibly go top 10. If I was a RB recruit that would be appealing.

We just need to sell how good this line will be when he’s the top dog. Could put up huge numbers.

Advertisement
My read is Dad is all UT. But Jerrick likes Miami and likes the idea of playing with his old teammates. Gonna be hard to overcome dad but that’s a battle you have to keep fighting
In recruiting parents mess these kids up and force them to place only the parents like.

Sounds like another Parrish story exact situation brewing here which translates to a future portal player .

GOCANES

Advertisement
His friends call him TOC

No one can do it better...

1684295706376.jpeg

Advertisement
My read is Dad is all UT. But Jerrick likes Miami and likes the idea of playing with his old teammates. Gonna be hard to overcome dad but that’s a battle you have to keep fighting
I think Dad needs to give his input but allow Jerrick to make his own decision. This is Jerrick's college experience not his Dad's. I understand wanting to be a big part of the process in order to guide and support your son. You want to make sure he has all of the relevant information so that he can make the best decision for himself and his future. However steering your son to Texas or anywhere else for that matter because that is what you want is literally the very epitome of selfishness. Jerrick needs to stand up for himself and tell his dad that he wants to go to Miami and that's the end of it! Hopefully Mario reads the situation and is able to win over Mr. Gibson.

I think Dad needs to give his input but allow Jerrick to make his own decision. This is Jerrick's college experience not his Dad's. I understand wanting to be a big part of the process in order to guide and support your son. You want to make sure he has all of the relevant information so that he can make the best decision for himself and his future. However steering your son to Texas or anywhere else for that matter because that is what you want is literally the very epitome of selfishness. Jerrick needs to stand up for himself and tell his dad that he wants to go to Miami and that's the end of it! Hopefully Mario reads the situation and is able to win over Mr. Gibson.
Parents do their kids such a disservice by doing stuff like this. Kids at or around 18 going to college need to be free to grow and make choices for themselves based on what they want.

Parents do their kids such a disservice by doing stuff like this. Kids at or around 18 going to college need to be free to grow and make choices for themselves based on what they want.
Well said. I think sometimes parents try to relive their youth vicariously through their kids. They become so immersed in it that they forget that its their child's life not theirs. Obviously I can't say if this is the case here but the above scenario is much too common when it comes to parents who have kids who excel athletically.

Advertisement
Well said. I think sometimes parents try to relive their youth vicariously through their kids. They become so immersed in it that they forget that it’s their child's life not theirs. Obviously I can't say if this is the case here but the above scenario is much too common when it comes to parents who have kids who excel athletically.
For some certainly. For others you have well-intended parents trying to help their kids avoid mistakes they may have made or just avoid them in general. They do more harm than they realize by taking over.

Advertisement
From what I know…This decision will be all up to the young man…let’s close Mario…

Advertisement
Back