2024 Jerrick Gibson RB

Advertisement
im just saying he wasnt a brand new coach. i also didnt say he had a humble journey. taylor coached at STA where the rich procreate with the rich and drug each other up. we had a HS here that was in a walmart look alike plaza and some of our kids attended that fake *** ****.

also, what do you think IMG does?

im not saying hes gonna succeed, but JT isnt exactly proven either lol. theyre both unproven imo. both have had various levels of prior coaching exp before getting their current gigs. you guys just hate him bc he stole a few recruits due to his personality and allure.

also, dont forget, it was just last year JT missed either practices or scrimmages (cant remmeber) so he can call fins games.

You wrote "very similar" to support your argument in response to a poster who was expressly talking about the difference in their grind. In that regard, their situations weren't similar, and that context matters. Actually coaching student athletes was the secondary or tertiary consideration for Deion at all his HS stops. That's the only point I'm addressing.

Obviously, Deion, JT, and any other former player turned P5 coach is going to need to show results eventually or the shine will wear off. Sport history is littered with great players who couldn't coach worth a ****.

We might offer similar NIL and immediate playing time. Keep going Mario and Tim Harris!

Can't imagine it'd be hard to recruit running backs at Miami right now.

Sitting here in your recruitment and looking at when you'd arrive, you've got Henry Parrish as a 5th year senior, Don Chaney who has never stayed healthy in his life, Citizen who tore his knee up and then had a setback, and two true freshmen who haven't proven they can do anything yet. There is absolutely nothing on this depth chart that has you remotely concerned.

And you get to run behind what was arguably the best OL class in the country in 2023 for a coach who is certainly never going to become Mike Leach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ah, yes, Deion's humble start as HC at the now defunct school he co-founded, Prime Prep, which lost its charter and remains the subject of various lawsuits and an IRS tax lien.

Or his bounceback to the dubious Focus Academies' Triple A Academy, after Focus made Deion its marketing director and he made himself HC of the football team. that school, too, would lose its charter.

Then a rehabilitation stint as OC at Trinity Christian out in the wild west of Texas HS football (TAPPS). The sort of league where you can fly in players like Maurice Washington from Cali earlier in the week and have them in your starting lineup that Friday. Makes Florida HS recruiting rules look soft.

Deion's HS coaching grind was a special journey.
Fück Peeon

Can not stand the dude. Never wish bad on no one ( particularly for the kids ), but man if anybody in the sports sphere deserves a double dose of humble pie its that clown.

Corch Slime has a target on his back at CU 100%

i know deion isnt popular here but he has been coaching too prior to JSU. its not like ed reed where he just got into his first job or brad johnson. theyre very similar just have diff personalities. taylor could absolutely suck at this level or he could be a STUD. same goes for deion on the p5
I’ll take St. Thomas over any high school Deion worked at. Also, my main point was Taylor was not the prospect Deion was coming out of both high school and college and worked on his game to be a hall of famer.

I’ll take St. Thomas over any high school Deion worked at. Also, my main point was Taylor was not the prospect Deion was coming out of both high school and college and worked on his game to be a hall of famer.
Sure but that doesn’t mean neither can coach. Why can’t Deion coach but Taylor can? Bc we like Taylor and dislike Deion?

Advertisement
I’m not saying he can’t I’m just saying there are some differences that hopefully work in our favor.
We can agree to disagree. To me it just comes down to salt bc people hate deion but like Taylor bc he coaches here. If he coached at fsu or lsu, we’d throw s some of the same **** his way. Either way, I hope jt is successful bc he has to be. He’s our dl coach

247Sports recently reported that Miami was rising up the list for top-ranked running back Jerrick Gibson. While Texas is still considered the favorite for the IMG Academy blue-chipper, Miami recently got him to campus and his family tells 247Sports they’re trying to get back for another unofficial between now and June. Come June, the Hurricanes will get an official the second weekend, with the Longhorns the fourth weekend. Others still in the game include Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.

Advertisement
My read is Dad is all UT. But Jerrick likes Miami and likes the idea of playing with his old teammates. Gonna be hard to overcome dad but that’s a battle you have to keep fighting
Hopefully Texas underperforms and we demonstrate competence for once in a long time. That ought to put Sark on the hot seat and give pause to any big player looking to commit there.

My read is Dad is all UT. But Jerrick likes Miami and likes the idea of playing with his old teammates. Gonna be hard to overcome dad but that’s a battle you have to keep fighting
lol...now this is new one. Overcoming dad...that's BS my man. kids go where they want and if there's one parent where at times, very few, Mom has a say...

Hopefully Texas underperforms and we demonstrate competence for once in a long time. That ought to put Sark on the hot seat and give pause to any big player looking to commit there.
They look like they still having cultural issues going into a 3rd year. That cant be good. Texas and A&M seems to always have outside influencers hanging around. Dysfunction helps

In recruiting parents mess these kids up and force them to place only the parents like.

Sounds like another Parrish story exact situation brewing here which translates to a future portal player .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back