Jeremy Kerr 2013 TE- Welcome to The U

This makes me feel better... Glad to know he showed something in person that his stat sheet and high school videos have not.

"Kerr spent the weekend on the Coral Gables campus and participated in a session of the Al Golden Camp, where he was named tight end MVP. Previously Kerr had visited the campus for Miami's spring game, where he was extended the offer"

According to Espn, AG talked about how much he liked his character and he's the kind of player he wants to recruit in the program. He wants players that have a bit more of a blue-collar mentality and don't get caught up in the exposure.

Advertisement
Welcome to The U

I don't get some of you guys. Have any of you seen him live or asked his coaches or opponents coaches what they think about him as a player? We need TE in the worst way. We now have two committed and they seem to offer two different skill sets. How can any of you predict his future career stats? Enjoy the journey and stop trying to create these kids' future.

So now it's taboo to scout players unless you're positive about them? What's the point in seeing him live when his highlights are just standard blocks with one catch. If that's the best he's got then I'm afraid of what he looks like live. Seeing players live/full game film is important when highlights are impressive because you get to see how consistent they are.

I just find it a little hard to believe he could be considered by some to be the best TE in the state after Heuerman and he lineman slow. JMO. Not getting hung up on a random 40 time personally.

More importantly, I doubt he has that kind of reputation with 4 catches to his name. It's not like his offer list is impressive anyway.

Remember our coach was a TE... do you really believe coach Golden would have offered this kid if he has any doubt about his ability to play? keep in mind they offered this kid a few months ago. Until Golden miss more than hit with prospects these scouts services rate low(worlds end), he has earned the benefit of the doubt. At least in my mind...

Plus, they saw him on camp...I bet they test this young man as a pass-catcher TE all day long, since he came from a run oriented offense so, I have no problem with this commit.

Welcome to The U!!!!!

You realize that (hypothetically speaking) we could be saying this about you if you went to camp, were offered and committed. Any of the players at the camp could've been offered and we can't just accept them all unconditionally because they were seen in person. That's a bit ridiculous...people make mistakes and as hardcore fans we should share our own opinions about who deserves an offer. Saying "player X is good because Golden thinks he is" is not your own opinion and is not a worthwhile contribution.

i want Travis Johsnon as a big wr/te recruit/.....if Kerr takes his spot i dont like it....but i understand Kerr being a inline blocker to go with Dobard..

im just a fan of Johnson and believe he would commit if we recruit him a bit and he reminds me of Kw11 coming in as a big wr.

Fortunately our coaches don't just watch youtube highlights. They saw his film, saw him play, got him in camp, he wins MVP for TE's, they offer. I have no problem with this.

If Urban and Corch Muschamp try to flip him, I bet you guys will like him then.

exactly.

Advertisement
I'm fine with this pick-up. Either AG knows how to evaluate kids he sees in person or he doesn't. If he doesn't, none of this matters. And if he does, then ... well, good.

And AG was a TE. He knows what he's looking for there.

And, this kid looks like a future OT anyhow.

Exactly! People forget Winston was a TE out of HS too. This kid has OT all over him.

As mentioned already

I'll trust the staff who has actually seen him perform in camp to a bunch of wannabe scouts.

No offense though.

I wish I would've eyeballed this kid a little more at the camp. Definitely a big boy.

Advertisement
I like this pick up for two reasons.

1. Karr is a kid we could have used last year for blocking situations cuz we had TE's who had female shoulders. I think you need a few kids like him. I still don't believe Walford or Cleveland can give us good run blocking right now, even though they looked improved during the spring.

and 2. My quote from when Jhall first brought him to the board. Camp evals was very important for this kid.

This is a kid who looks like someone you need to see in camp so you can evaluate how good of a Pass catcher he is and all.

Advertisement
Without looking at his video I'm guessing he's relentless, aggressive, tough, and physical, physical, physical...

Advertisement
I'm fine with this pick-up. Either AG knows how to evaluate kids he sees in person or he doesn't. If he doesn't, none of this matters. And if he does, then ... well, good.

And AG was a TE. He knows what he's looking for there.

And, this kid looks like a future OT anyhow.

Yep

i want Travis Johsnon as a big wr/te recruit/.....if Kerr takes his spot i dont like it....but i understand Kerr being a inline blocker to go with Dobard..

im just a fan of Johnson and believe he would commit if we recruit him a bit and he reminds me of Kw11 coming in as a big wr.

I definitely think Johnson would commit if given the chance. Unfortunately I don't see us making room for him.

Welcome to The U

I don't get some of you guys. Have any of you seen him live or asked his coaches or opponents coaches what they think about him as a player? We need TE in the worst way. We now have two committed and they seem to offer two different skill sets. How can any of you predict his future career stats? Enjoy the journey and stop trying to create these kids' future.

So now it's taboo to scout players unless you're positive about them? What's the point in seeing him live when his highlights are just standard blocks with one catch. If that's the best he's got then I'm afraid of what he looks like live. Seeing players live/full game film is important when highlights are impressive because you get to see how consistent they are.

I just find it a little hard to believe he could be considered by some to be the best TE in the state after Heuerman and he lineman slow. JMO. Not getting hung up on a random 40 time personally.

More importantly, I doubt he has that kind of reputation with 4 catches to his name. It's not like his offer list is impressive anyway.

Remember our coach was a TE... do you really believe coach Golden would have offered this kid if he has any doubt about his ability to play? keep in mind they offered this kid a few months ago. Until Golden miss more than hit with prospects these scouts services rate low(worlds end), he has earned the benefit of the doubt. At least in my mind...

Plus, they saw him on camp...I bet they test this young man as a pass-catcher TE all day long, since he came from a run oriented offense so, I have no problem with this commit.

Welcome to The U!!!!!

You realize that (hypothetically speaking) we could be saying this about you if you went to camp, were offered and committed. Any of the players at the camp could've been offered and we can't just accept them all unconditionally because they were seen in person. That's a bit ridiculous...people make mistakes and as hardcore fans we should share our own opinions about who deserves an offer. Saying "player X is good because Golden thinks he is" is not your own opinion and is not a worthwhile contribution.
Well, by all accounts this kid was offered some time ago, not in the camp...

I´m not the one saying a player is a D1 prospect or not, or that he will be good or great. I´m just saying until he proves me wrong, I chose to trust my coach... Not patronizing anybody opinion, just giving another perspective in a free forum... some people will disagree, and I have no problem with that or find it ridiculous like you.

Heck, there´s a thread here where I´m saying(IMO) to not offer Deeb is a mistake... how can you conclude all that in one post in one thread?

Advertisement
Back