2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You saw her autopsy photos too?
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Got a feeling he gonna shock the world and pick Colorado . Just my opinion
I just don’t get the feeling he is coming to Miami.
Think Miami has done what ever they can to land him, he’s just not wanting to come here for whatever reason.
Miami will go on, we’ll be okay.

As long as he doesn’t pick FSU, I’m okay with it.
Would hate to see him suit up for the enemy in those clown colors.

Advertisement
Think Miami has done what ever they can to land him, he’s just not wanting to come here for whatever reason.

Would hate to see him suit up for the enemy in the clown colors.
This is pretty much how I feel with the caveat still being that Mario is an X factor and if any recruiter can pull a rabbit out of a hat, it's Mario. As long as he doesn't go to FSU, I'm good with whatever happens with him.

And, even if he does go to FSU, I LOVE where our DL focus has gone! We'll still be a bit young on the DL, but we will have QUALITY 2-3 deep and that'll be something Guidry will be able to use.

Advertisement

Fellas, say we lose JJ to whoever including FSU..would it hurt more to lose out on Ward..or lose out on the Nations #1 player from your own backyard?

For me Ward IS the most important get. I’m not downplaying JJ. But dammit he’s a WR..difference maker, ye..but we are set up on O..we are just missing guy who can be a FOP & bridge towards the future

Fellas, say we lose JJ to whoever including FSU..would it hurt more to lose out on Ward..or lose out on the Nations #1 player from your own backyard?

For me Ward IS the most important get. I’m not downplaying JJ. But dammit he’s a WR..difference maker, ye..but we are set up on O..we are just missing guy who can be a FOP & bridge towards the future
Jj would be a HUGE get, i think it can impact decisions down the line for other elite recruits here but ward is by far more important right now.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about Emory. He’s going to be a really good QB for Miami. About 95% of posters on here thought we had no shot to beat Clemson when Emory was announced as the starter. I said pre-game that our odds of beating Clemson just went up massively (because we wouldn’t have 3-4 turnovers with Emory starting). We won that game in his first start.

In his 2nd start, we were starting to dominate FSU in their house until that completely bogus non-safety call (which denied us 2 pts & possibly another TD after their kick to us).

Emory came very close to going 2-0 against two of our toughest opponents of the yr despite very conservative game plans designed to protect him & limit mistakes in his first two games as a starter. That alone is super impressive.

A former Miami legend at QB (Kosar) thinks Emory is the next great one at UM and I agree. You simply can’t judge him based on his play from two very conservatively called games (which were his first two starts against two quality teams with bi@sed ACC refs no less). He almost went 2-0 in those big games as a Freshman despite all the challenges he faced.

I think Ward is talented but let’s not forget that Emory is an absolute gamer who could be great simply distributing the ball to a very talented group of skill position players. We’ll be absolutely loaded at the skill positions in the years ahead. Adding Jeremiah to that talented group would make it even more likely we compete at the highest levels for the next 3 yrs.

Advertisement
Everyone seems to be forgetting about Emory. He’s going to be a really good QB for Miami. About 95% of posters on here thought we had no shot to beat Clemson when Emory was announced as the starter. I said pre-game that our odds of beating Clemson just went up massively (because we wouldn’t have 3-4 turnovers with Emory starting). We won that game in his first start.

In his 2nd start, we were starting to dominate FSU in their house until that completely bogus non-safety call (which denied us 2 pts & possibly another TD after their kick to us).

Emory came very close to going 2-0 against two of our toughest opponents of the yr despite very conservative game plans designed to protect him & limit mistakes in his first two games as a starter. That alone is super impressive.

A former Miami legend at QB (Kosar) thinks Emory is the next great one at UM and I agree. You simply can’t judge him based on his play from two very conservatively called games (which were his first two starts against two quality teams with bi@sed ACC refs no less). He almost went 2-0 in those big games as a Freshman despite all the challenges he faced.

I think Ward is talented but let’s not forget that Emory is an absolute gamer who could be great simply distributing the ball to a very talented group of skill position players. We’ll be absolutely loaded at the skill positions in the years ahead. Adding Jeremiah to that talented group would make it even more likely we compete at the highest levels for the next 3 yrs.
The only thing about that is we already heard WRs on team are waiting on us to get a QB to decide if they want to jump in the portal or not. Young probably was one and I'm pretty sure George was another who knows if there are more. I also highly doubt we get a transfer portal WR with just Emory. I do think Emory has a chance to be good but not getting a good QB in the portal will probably result in ripple effects on the roster and then Ws or Ls next year.

The only thing about that is we already heard WRs on team are waiting on us to get a QB to decide if they want to jump in the portal or not. Young probably was one and I'm pretty sure George was another who knows if there are more. I also highly doubt we get a transfer portal WR with just Emory. I do think Emory has a chance to be good but not getting a good QB in the portal will probably result in ripple effects on the roster and then Ws or Ls next year.

Not saying that we shouldn’t add a Portal QB. We need quality depth at the QB position. We may even bring in two portal QBs. The coaches are clearly working very hard to infuse the whole roster with the best talent possible (with one or two quality Portal QBs as one of their major priorities). That being said, we shouldn’t forget that we already have a gamer at QB in Emory. He’s going to be a very good QB for us at some point.

Advertisement

All due respect but he did not look good in those games. Very tough and really wants to win but the talent just isn’t there

Last edited:

Emory displayed great poise, toughness, and good leadership skills on the field for a freshman. However, he didn't do much as a thrower to instill confidence that he is the answer at QB long tern. He should be given time to develop since he was a true freshman, but it wouldn't be wise to rely on him and pass up on proven QBs in the portal

@Cribby If you look at it objectively Miami fsu and OSU all don't have a definite QB for next season if he is making his decision off recent history of wr development and team success it's Ohio state if he is basing his decision off being close to home playing with his friend and the potential of being elite than Miami is the choose. I don't really know why he would want to go to Tallahassee unless he like their coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back