2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cribby If you look at it objectively Miami fsu and OSU all don't have a definite QB for next season if he is making his decision off recent history of wr development and team success it's Ohio state if he is basing his decision off being close to home playing with his friend and the potential of being elite than Miami is the choose. I don't really know why he would want to go to Tallahassee unless he like their coaching staff.

Little, insignificant thing called money.

Advertisement
I just don’t get the feeling he is coming to Miami.
Think Miami has done what ever they can to land him, he’s just not wanting to come here for whatever reason.
Miami will go on, we’ll be okay.

As long as he doesn’t pick FSU, I’m okay with it.
Would hate to see him suit up for the enemy in those clown colors.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just don't understand the mopiest aspects of this take.

"He's just not wanting to come here for whatever reason".

Really?

Then why does he keep visiting? I'm not talking about football games, I could understand why kids take freebies like that.

I'm talking unofficial campus visits. And we're not talking about trips to Los Angeles or some location that would constitute a mini-vacation. We are talking about driving a few miles down the road (in brutal traffic) to see a place you've seen many times before, and is very similar to what you see everyday.

Miami has a shot. And I realize that if he DOESN'T pick Miami, the backwards logic posters are going to tell us we never really had a shot. But that's not true, no matter what the ultimate outcome is.

Miami has done everything it promised to do, and Jeremiah is being cautious and verifying everything. Smart.

****, even look at the NIL game right now, a lot of other schools are losing kids on broken promises, while Miami delivers on its offers.

Nobody has to predict "Smith to Miami", but the "Smith was never coming here" nonsense is just wrong.

All due re-elect but he did not look good in those games. Very tough and really wants to win but the talent just isn’t there
As a freshman we're just saying the talent isnt there? He's 17, and played against Clemson and FSU. Give me a break Mel Kiper smh.

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just don't understand the mopiest aspects of this take.

"He's just not wanting to come here for whatever reason".

Really?

Then why does he keep visiting? I'm not talking about football games, I could understand why kids take freebies like that.

I'm talking unofficial campus visits. And we're not talking about trips to Los Angeles or some location that would constitute a mini-vacation. We are talking about driving a few miles down the road (in brutal traffic) to see a place you've seen many times before, and is very similar to what you see everyday.

Miami has a shot. And I realize that if he DOESN'T pick Miami, the backwards logic posters are going to tell us we never really had a shot. But that's not true, no matter what the ultimate outcome is.

Miami has done everything it promised to do, and Jeremiah is being cautious and verifying everything. Smart.

****, even look at the NIL game right now, a lot of other schools are losing kids on broken promises, while Miami delivers on its offers.

Nobody has to predict "Smith to Miami", but the "Smith was never coming here" nonsense is just wrong.
Didn’t mean to come across as a mope.
I never insinuated Miami had no chance. I think we do, especially with Mario leading the recruitment. I think Miami has done everything it can to land him, making him a priority, getting commits from team mates and friends, NIL. etc.

However, unless I missed the news, I don’t believe he officially visited us. That is concerning IMO.

I’m holding out hope we get him, it would be a huge recruiting win for this program. But if we don’t, I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I think Mario and staff has done everything they can and we still have a great group of receivers coming in.

Won’t be happy if he signs with FSU though.
Logically, makes no sense to me, for him to choose FSU, assuming NIL is comparable. I believe Miami is on an upward trajectory and FSU is taking big steps back next year.

Advertisement
Heavy is the head, man. I may be committing treason, but I think he’s handled this pretty well as the #1 overall recruit. We gotta find ways to keep these guys home
He has been and utter pro and purposely ****** with the media and message boards.

@Cribby If you look at it objectively Miami fsu and OSU all don't have a definite QB for next season if he is making his decision off recent history of wr development and team success it's Ohio state if he is basing his decision off being close to home playing with his friend and the potential of being elite than Miami is the choose. I don't really know why he would want to go to Tallahassee unless he like their coaching staff.
I’ve been clear for awhile now that I didn’t buy the FSU stuff. Even when the media types had it all but a done deal. The People I talk to said the same thing when JoJo and Quan was “ all Nole”. If you remember when all that noise was going I said it was bs. I’ve always viewed this as OSU vs Miami. I could be wrong but I’ll ride with the info that’s been consistent.

I’ve been clear for awhile now that I didn’t buy the FSU stuff. Even when the media types had it all but a done deal. The People I talk to said the same thing when JoJo and Quan was “ all Nole”. If you remember when all that noise was going I said it was bs. I’ve always viewed this as OSU vs Miami. I could be wrong but I’ll ride with the info that’s been consistent.
So Cribby just brass tax what do you think our chances are? Thanks for all you provide us with here man.

Correct.

Last shred of hope is that we still have tomorrow. Maybe Can finally commits and Bailey and JJ show up and get the undivided attention of the whole staff tomorrow (wishful thinking).

I know JJ is probably the most important recruit to Mario because he's the #1 player in the country and he's from S.Fla. Mario will do/say anything he can do get him, including ignoring WRs in the portal.

JJ is almost assuredly NOT the most important recruit to Mario. Where did you get this idea?

Advertisement

Pop Tv Hope GIF by Schitt's Creek

Advertisement
Advertisement
he aint coming. not even worried though. the WR class is very good w or without him. I dont think 1 year of cam ward makes a huge diff for a kid here 3 years.

Reactions: E1k
Didn’t mean to come across as a mope.
I never insinuated Miami had no chance. I think we do, especially with Mario leading the recruitment. I think Miami has done everything it can to land him, making him a priority, getting commits from team mates and friends, NIL. etc.

However, unless I missed the news, I don’t believe he officially visited us. That is concerning IMO.

I’m holding out hope we get him, it would be a huge recruiting win for this program. But if we don’t, I’m not going to lose sleep over it. I think Mario and staff has done everything they can and we still have a great group of receivers coming in.

Won’t be happy if he signs with FSU though.
Logically, makes no sense to me, for him to choose FSU, assuming NIL is comparable. I believe Miami is on an upward trajectory and FSU is taking big steps back next year.

Fair enough, and while I responded to your post, I'm talking about the overall wave of "he was never coming here" posts on many, many posts. If you are more hopeful, I'm happy to hear that.

I'm just pointing out that there are a lot of positive reasons for Jeremiah to consider Miami...and some negatives as well.

I wouldn't worry about "visits" defining our chances. He's visited numerous times and has former teammates who have chosen UM. This isn't like some kid from California who has never been to UM.

And, again, there are too many people on this thread (and other threads) who put way too much emphasis on news reports. Miami has had DOZENS of visits that were never "confirmed" in the mainstream media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back