2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, u r right & of course I know this.

So the rebuttal to fans saying “why would a kid go to a program who gets u highly drafted, but doesn’t develop u to have a long NFL career (which is conjecture, tbh) is why would a kid go to a program that barely gets u drafted, & u have to cling on making a 53 man roster losing millions of dollars?

There’s two sides to every coin; if I’m a top notch recruit, of course I’m going to go to a program that’s going to put me in the best position to get paid 1st round $$.
All facts

We can get back in the mix and then things like Miami the city, the campus, facilities etc will maybe help sway someone but we are just so far behind at the moment

Good thing is it can be flipped pretty quickly these days if the right pieces fall into place

Advertisement

So the rebuttal to fans saying “why would a kid go to a program who gets u highly drafted, but doesn’t develop u to have a long NFL career (which is conjecture, tbh) is why would a kid go to a program that barely gets u drafted, & u have to cling on making a 53 man roster losing millions of dollars?

There’s two sides to every coin; if I’m a top notch recruit, of course I’m going to go to a program that’s going to put me in the best position to get paid 1st round $$.

How is this a debate?

Fans be crazy

If Tyler Van Dyke doesn't have a good enough year this year to go pro after the season, the staff would prefer you to him next season.
Yeah I get that. Just saying there have been much better players convinced to come back than TVD.

I dont disagree, but again my whole point is - they recruit elite QB after QB because they get them to the NFL in the higher rounds esp recently (post tressel) and more day. thats their selling point. kids see - I can make it to the league and thats usually it. Bama players dont always boom in the league but they still land top tier recruits every cycle. it's bc they get them in position to succeed i.e. getting drafted high
Great post but I’ll add that the Bama bust narrative been dead for a while. They produce in the league, just check the NFL’s top 100 players list.

Geno Smith kinda hinted about this before…. When JoJo committed, he tweeted a photo with CJ & Jeremiah playing together as kids.

Could be wrong, but isn’t CJ related to Stedman? Who… With Geno, both played for Dawson in college.
stedman and Geno and them were/are just as tight as thesekids. Any time i seen Geno he was with Sted or Sticks (Ivan Mccartney) and that was weekly when they were in high school.

Advertisement
stedman and Geno and them were/are just as tight as thesekids. Any time i seen Geno he was with Sted or Sticks (Ivan Mccartney) and that was weekly when they were in high school.
Sticks…. Haven’t heard that name in forever.

I really do believe if Canes get CJ in the fold, then Smith will have a hard time saying no. As long as we’re competent on offense.

Geno speaks so highly of Dawson, as soon as he was hired Geno was taking PTO to come workout down here.

Tell me the college a kid should go to so they can guarantee they wont be a bust in the league lol. Yall keep judging the helmet instead of the player, the simple thing is osu hasn’t had many nfl caliber qbs just like any other college but their system maximizes them and then gets them drafted 1st round, there job is done after that

Which rivals like us try use as a diss but the kids and their circle see it as a plus. even if he’s not as good as others coming out he’ll get a shot cuz of his numbers in the system.

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
I dont disagree w that but colleges jobs are to get kids to the league. once they did that, they can sell we got them in position to succeed, the rest is on them.

It's no different than recruiting a kid to college from high school. You look into them as much as you can and you offer those who you think can help your team.

The NFL is much more in depth and knows everything about you, literally everything. They'll watch every bit of film forwards and backwards, workouts, do background checks hire private investigators, talk to friends, family, professors, coaches, test you, request medical records, interview like crazy, even try and **** you off to see how you react, etc.

Why I say it's like high school to college, the speed of the game changes. They know in depth what kids from school x, y, and z have done in the NFL. So until you get them in camp or in a game, it's no different in that you don't know what you've got. Then there's all the off the field stuff as pro's have more time away from the coaches to do whatever and they've got deeper pockets.

So I do agree that it's the schools job to get them drafted and prepared, but you just never know how it'll pan out. The Patriots had the best identification process in the business, I'm not sure who does now.

Advertisement
Fried Chicken Eating GIF

Flip mode squad...J.SMITH

If I can’t have a 20 year NFL career I rather just deliver Amazon packages the rest of my life

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back