2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Don’t say that. My Bears need this breakthrough🤦🏾‍♂️
This is his make or break. It’ll be such a let down coming out of this year having to get back in the QB search game. For the most part I’ve like what Poles has done, so I’ll trust him to make the right call on Justin once this year is over. He gave himself an exit route via draft picks for this reason. Obviously praying it all comes together for JF1. Bear down

This is his make or break. It’ll be such a let down coming out of this year having to get back in the QB search game. For the most part I’ve like what Poles has done, so I’ll trust him to make the right call on Justin once this year is over. He gave himself an exit route via draft picks for this reason. Obviously praying it all comes together for JF1. Bear down

I totally agree about it being make or break, but even with that. Our best O-Lineman Tevin Jenkins is out to start the season🤦🏾‍♂️. He has All-Pro guard written all over him, but can’t stay healthy. Even with adding DJ Moore we’re still not loaded on offense. Also don’t want Justin getting caught up in forcing him the ball. So Claypool, Mooney and Kmet need to win those 1 on 1 battles to keep people honest. I believe Justin gets it’s done, but DEFENSE will hold us back some. Don’t know if we have enough horses on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
Well whatever they doing is working better than us over last 20 years, I hope we pick up on it.. We used to be QBU!
They aren't QB U in the NFL though that's the part of the point. The position U thing is for a position group that is successful in the NFL.

their last 3-4 QBs got to the first round? yeah theyre doing something right
Look i get it from a high school kids perspective, but college is a training ground. If im considering a place of training and everyone from that training facility is failing at the next level do I really want to go there? It may make sense while im there but if it doesnt prepare me for my actual career whats the point? Maybe CJ Stroud succeeds and its all a moot point but trends show if you are a OSU QB i will probably lose my job drafting you.

Last edited:
Look i get it from a high school kids perspective, but college is a training ground. If im considering a place of training and everyone from that training facility is failing at the next level do I really want to go there? It may make sense while im there but if it doesnt prepare me for my actual career whats the point? Maybe CJ Stroud succeeds and its all a moot point but trends show if you are a OSU QB i will probably loose my job drafting you.
I dont disagree w that but colleges jobs are to get kids to the league. once they did that, they can sell we got them in position to succeed, the rest is on them.

Advertisement
I dont disagree w that but colleges jobs are to get kids to the league. once they did that, they can sell we got them in position to succeed, the rest is on them.
I get it but part of getting them to the league is to prepare them for it. The system OSU runs seems to put up big numbers at the college level allowing for the QB to get drafted high. However, once in the league they all seem ill prepared almost like the OSU coaches are not coaching them in a way that prepares them for the NFL at all. I'm a Bears fan so I'm hoping Fields bucks that trend as it would be nice to finally have a QB worth a ****. That being said outside of his athletic ability he really was not ready for the NFL. The player holds some accountability in that but at some point when every OSU QB is ill-prepared for the NFL and bombs out quickly you have to start to put some of it on the coaching they are getting at OSU. You cannot tell me every single one of them just did not have it or want to put in the effort.

I get it but part of getting them to the league is to prepare them for it. The system OSU runs seems to put up big numbers at the college level allowing for the QB to get drafted high. However, once in the league they all seem ill prepared almost like the OSU coaches are not coaching them in a way that prepares them for the NFL at all. I'm a Bears fan so I'm hoping Fields bucks that trend as it would be nice to finally have a QB worth a ****. That being said outside of his athletic ability he really was not ready for the NFL. The player holds some accountability in that but at some point when every OSU QB is ill-prepared for the NFL and bombs out quickly you have to start to put some of it on the coaching they are getting at OSU. You cannot tell me every single one of them just did not have it or want to put in the effort.
I dont disagree, but again my whole point is - they recruit elite QB after QB because they get them to the NFL in the higher rounds esp recently (post tressel) and more day. thats their selling point. kids see - I can make it to the league and thats usually it. Bama players dont always boom in the league but they still land top tier recruits every cycle. it's bc they get them in position to succeed i.e. getting drafted high

Advertisement
I dont disagree, but again my whole point is - they recruit elite QB after QB because they get them to the NFL in the higher rounds esp recently (post tressel) and more day. thats their selling point. kids see - I can make it to the league and thats usually it. Bama players dont always boom in the league but they still land top tier recruits every cycle. it's bc they get them in position to succeed i.e. getting drafted high

Not sure y this is such a hard concept for ppl to understand. My job as a coach & my selling point to a recruit/parents is I’m going to get u to the NFL, & I have a history of getting (x position) drafted high.

Once u make it to the NFL, then it’s the scouts, coaching, training job to take u even further. That college held up its end of the bargain & made u an instant millionaire.

Not sure y this is such a hard concept for ppl to understand. My job as a coach & my selling point to a recruit/parents is I’m going to get u to the NFL, & I have a history of getting (x position) drafted high.

Once u make it to the NFL, then it’s the scouts, coaching, training job to take u even further. That college held up its end of the bargain & made u an instant millionaire.
It’s a thing our fans do because we’ve been clinging to our past so badly

First it was getting drafted
Then we had to move to NFL production
Now we cling to Hall of Fame

We’ve been riding that era of players in our narratives for 20 years because we have no other choice

Advertisement
Look i get it from a high school kids perspective, but college is a training ground. If im considering a place of training and everyone from that training facility is failing at the next level do I really want to go there? It may make sense while im there but if it doesnt prepare me for my actual career whats the point? Maybe CJ Stroud succeeds and its all a moot point but trends show if you are a OSU QB i will probably lose my job drafting you.
AND THATS WHAT MATTERS lol..

Because it makes them feel better about the Emorys and Judds of the world. They can say anyone can win in college and 3*'s get drafted. Its always the same ppl with same revolving (excuse) err i mean explanation.

It’s a thing our fans do because we’ve been clinging to our past so badly

First it was getting drafted
Then we had to move to NFL production
Now we cling to Hall of Fame

We’ve been riding that era of players in our narratives for 20 years because we have no other choice

Unfortunately, u r right & of course I know this.

So the rebuttal to fans saying “why would a kid go to a program who gets u highly drafted, but doesn’t develop u to have a long NFL career (which is conjecture, tbh) is why would a kid go to a program that barely gets u drafted, & u have to cling on making a 53 man roster losing millions of dollars?

There’s two sides to every coin; if I’m a top notch recruit, of course I’m going to go to a program that’s going to put me in the best position to get paid 1st round $$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back