2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSU fan hate him more than we disliked van dyke so yes I think McCord would be a terrible settlement for a transfer QB.
Good points even though our negative remarks about TVD were different.

They hate McCord because he wasn’t as good as their last 3 QBs who were all drafted top 15 - they’ve been spoiled.

Im sure back in 2006 there were some of our fans saying “Meriweather and Kenny Phillips are overrated” due to being spoiled with ST and Reed right before.

Advertisement
I hear u but I think we have to factor in situations in comparisons

For someone in that situation he sucked imo of course the level of suck is subjective, I don’t think he was completely terrible but id say if u put him into some other situations his true colors might show
Another former OSU Qb that was mid asf was Joe Burreaux when he transferred. Not sayin. Just sayin.

Another former OSU Qb that was mid asf was Joe Burreaux when he transferred. Not sayin. Just sayin.
People at Taint were pretty **** high on Burrow. It’s just for what Urban wanted, they had better options. I remember going on their board looking for info on him because we opened against LSU. Now they certainly didn’t see him becoming the monster he is today but they all thought he had NFL talent.

Advertisement

Not the same; Burrow didn’t start for OSU. He sat behind JT Barrett for 2016 & 17. Tate Martell committed to the class of ‘18, & the buzz was Dwayne Haskins was going to be the starter, so he transferred due to an overcrowded QB room.

McCord started all of 2023, & was pretty pedestrian. He was more game manager than difference maker, and that came back to eventually bite them against UofM. OSU easily could’ve lost several games this yr, but that defense was **** good. His biggest games came against a depleted MSU team, a G5 WKU team, and Maryland.

McCord is a first time starter. He hasn't played 3 years like tvd. Biggest jump for a qb is year 1 to year 2. I'm not saying McCord is or will be good, but to act like his career is defined by his first season is dumb.
And his first season he threw for 3100 yards 24 touchdowns and only 6 picks while leading an 11-1 team lmao

Major upgrade for us

So it’s us vs the buckeyes head on for the number 1 qb in the portal and for the number 1 high school player in the country . Wow

Throw in Jordan Lyle to that mix and that’s wild, if Mario gets those three over day then I’m gonna have a Mario stuffing Ryan day in a locker meme locked and loaded

So it’s us vs the buckeyes head on for the number 1 qb in the portal and for the number 1 high school player in the country . Wow

Throw in Jordan Lyle to that mix and that’s wild, if Mario gets those three over day then I’m gonna have a Mario stuffing Ryan day in a locker meme locked and loaded
It’s wild how ****ed they still are about Fletcher

Advertisement

1701900345597.png

Advertisement
Different team, but Michael Penix.

People really down play culture fit, OL play and scheme fit so much with these players. I know it’s NFL but Geno Smith is the perfect example

Yes. I'm not saying we will have the same success, but to act as if these QBs can't have a break-through after transferring is just crazy.

Yes. I'm not saying we will have the same success, but to act as if these QBs can't have a break-through after transferring is just crazy.
That’s possible I just want either someone who can see open dudes and get it there. That’s the only way I’m cool with a statue if he’s a sniper. But I rather have someone that can do that and move.

Advertisement
I wonder which school JJ chooses if Ward goes to OSU and they get Noland and we get Howard from the portal and Bailey from HS.

I thought Stroud was their best qb in awhile and they choked with him. But he went to the perfect spot in Houston their OL was set up and everything. They just needed a qb and he dropped into their lap, Ryan and Stroud perfect fit and it will work out for them.
Stroud is definitely that guy. The prototypical modern NFL QB. I liked his game more than Bryce Young and his upside. Bama offense those years was just clicking at an insane rate. Bryce situation in Carolina is horrible and will kill his trajectory. Kinda ironic since Texasn head coach is a Bama boy!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back