Jennifer Strawley: Our Female Blake James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You're talking about guys who shine shoes for a living, punch a clock every day and then come here and yell obscenities and charges of incompetence at high-level administrators who have bigger responsibilities than they'll ever have in their life.

LOL If you hold these people in high esteem I feel very sorry for you. You are a shallow and small person.

Advertisement
LOL. It's always great to see the Miami t-shirt fans get riled up. No connection to the university aside from treating it's football team like it's some kind of professional franchise, and then, delusions of grandeur/cocaine kicking in, assume their coke-jangled opinions matter to the BOT or anyone else who makes decisions. Hilarious.

Advertisement
Those people have an agenda and nothing will change the views they have.seems like it they are out to fold the football 🏈 program.but what they don't understand is football funds their side of the equation without funds from football or mbb funds would not be there for the other sports.so they better start making sure football and mbb are strong programs because if these two fold the others will follow.

Advertisement
No.

So you don't understand what diversity is not a synonym of Affirmative Action.

Embarrassing.

You can't reason with abject ignorance. Strawley is someone who shouldn't have a say in regards to the football program, not because of her ***, but because she just doesn't have the knowledge base needed to make sound decisions in regards to that sport. She should be running the non-revenue sports, she's done well with teaming with Coach Meier to make the women's basketball program a consistent winner and somewhat profitable(Hardly an easy feat in South Florida).

That said, she and Blake James are a huge part of the problem. They don't have the network needed to make big time hires, Blake lucked out the last time that Richt came available and decided to come home. Had Richt not come available, Miami was looking at tired retreads like Butch, and the typical "Miami Guy" garbage. That's unacceptable, and for James to not even have the self awareness to know his limitations and find a legitimate search firm to help him should have been a fireable offense four years ago. It wasn't, because the people who are responsible for holding him accountable are too lazy to do so. Then again, when people don't know who you are, you don't feel the need to actually make bold moves.

Have you not been paying attention. People are talking about gutting the administration after 20-25 years. The names may have changed but the culture remains. Even JJ had to deal with it.

What culture? Miami will always have a division between people who aren't meatheads, and people who think that one sport should be the whole reason the school exists. Most decent schools have this problem. The issue is that the people that should care about the program are incompetent. Blake and the athletic department are left to do their own thing for the most part. The problem is that when you have incompetent people running the show, it's a crappy model. Get a strong, competent AD, let him know there will be consequences for 1) putting out a bad product and 2) doing things that will affect the University in a negative fashion, and let them run the department with little interference. Not a tough concept.

Advertisement
I don't shine shoes. I'm in the telecom industry maintaning the network you use every day.
I'm not an asshol3 like you so I wont assume what you do for a living or how much you make...so I wont assume I make more than you.
I do make more than most "administrators" since I have a skill that comands that salary.
I don't punch a clock but would find no shame in doing so (incredibly elitist asshol3 comment by the way). Incredible dignity in work that requires you to use your hands and god forbit get a little dirty and have to take a shower after work.

"high-level administrators who have bigger responsibilities than they'll ever have in their life."

Wow. You are an elitist Piece Of ****!!

Don't be an obvious plebeian and you won't be called one.

What culture? Miami will always have a division between people who aren't meatheads, and people who think that one sport should be the whole reason the school exists. Most decent schools have this problem. The issue is that the people that should care about the program are incompetent. Blake and the athletic department are left to do their own thing for the most part. The problem is that when you have incompetent people running the show, it's a crappy model. Get a strong, competent AD, let him know there will be consequences for 1) putting out a bad product and 2) doing things that will affect the University in a negative fashion, and let them run the department with little interference. Not a tough concept.

Wha'ts funny is how much **** Shalala took and how little Frenk has taken in comparison.

Now I don't think Frenk has anything to do with it as it should be. You don't really want an academic from Mexico getting to involved in the athletic decisions.

But it says a lot about the fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back