Jeff Thomas

Advertisement
He ran away from the FASTEST 4 & 5* Kids in America week of UA Game here in Orlando...Not only whipped 4.3 and 4.4 kids...but beat them soundly for Fastest Man Award....I specifically took time off from work that week, and with alittle assistance from someone on the Citrus Bowl Committee, was able to watch it up close...to say middle of the road (Speedwise) is ridiculous to the 10degree...
Was that Middle of the road speed against VT on PR???...That play during the UA game with the Dead Leg AND Jets made the Crowd lose their minds....Kid gets lazy....I realize that...but he without Question has 2nd Round Talent..but like @The Franchise said earlier...."Long Game is the smart Game"
Nothing better than talking about what they did In high school or some all star game

Kid didn’t develop and if true he didn’t properly train for the draft that’s all on him.

sorry but JT4 didn’t want it bad enough like other kids... that’s not a bad thing it’s just he doesn’t love Football enough to get the best out of himself

but don’t defend the kid when he won’t do it himself

If u mean 6th or 7th round at best I'll send u that 50 if u really want it. U know we good. But his routes leave a lot of room for growth. He gets lost on the field on the normal the second a db gets physical and takes him out of his route. If db throws off his concentration his hands get shaky at best... But you are right in one sense. **** kill the combine except in strength categories. & Past that I'm gonna stop. I do think he will hopefully catch ALOT of balls this year. **** certainly get alot of targets as this offense is designed for his type of talents. Short and intermediate routes galore. Him and plenty of others have been horribly misused. Kid like this shouldn't almost exclusively be taking the top off the field. That should be an abberation so you can catch d off guard and use his speed against man... Only one who should've been stretching the field so often is d. But that's just my opinion
The 50$ was just to make it a gentlemen's bet. I don’t need it either lol I just think the kid is gonna have a good year & get drafted. Lets see if his route running improves under Likens which I think it may. I’m buying Harley stock this year.

Advertisement
If Jeff was a 1st round talent, then he'd get a chance somewhere. The NFL has shown time and again that they will turn a blind eye to some fckery in the name of special talent. I think we overestimated Jeff's talent, but Jeff definitely had enough talent to make an NFL team had he stuck around here and been willing to change things about himself. Sometimes, it takes a long time to undo bad habits and a polluted victim mindset, and it's especially tough if there are adults around blaming everyone else and enabling the young man.

If I could teach a guy like Jeff anything, it would be to not be so shortsighted. Be a long game guy. Long game is always the smart game. I haven't always practiced it, and it took me forever to perfect it. But long game is the only game.

This applies to all the kids who come here and can't wait to leave to be UDFA. Take the extra year or two to work on yourself and your craft. Coaches leave. You hate a coach? Chances are he'll be gone during your 4 or 5 years here. Everyone to a man loves Likens. I don't think Jeff would have been a 1st rounder if he stuck around another year. But he had a chance to be a 3rd rounder. Or a 2nd rounder. He had a chance to work on himself and his game and to show out in this new offense. Unfortunately, he had no guidance or didn't listen to anyone smart who had his best interests in mind. So he ran. Like he always does.

This applies to so many of the kids who bolt out of here the first chance they get. Look at Bandy. Dumb **** adults in their ear telling them they are who they are and can't improve their stock with another year, so "go get your money!" Regrettably, they find out there ain't no money to be got. And there's no do over button. The adults with the bad advice move on to pollute someone else's psyche. The kid is stuck with the bad shortsighted decision.

Look at LSUs roster from last year as the shining example of what sticking around and playing in a new system can do for your money. Burrow went from 6th rounder to 1st overall. Edwards-Helaire went from UDFA to 1st round. They had a LB go from 4th or 5th round to 1st round. And they might have had another guy sneak into the 1st who wouldn't have but for the 2019 season.
these are words of wisdom right here from the 'chise.

and note for the locker room bulleting board:

if your uncle who keeps hanging around and never seems to have a job is telling you how great you are and to go pro early ... but if the coaching staff, as well as every time you look yourself up on the internet it keeps saying that's not such a good idea,, well then, perhaps that extra year in college might do you some good.

i dont think anyone doubts Thomas' talent and ability and speed. but his work ethic and attitude leave a lot to be desired

I wish JT4 well.

He's in the perfect place where he'll be judged on his current contributions....and not his past

No excuses...its ALL on him.

Advertisement
The way I think about this is why are guys leaving early? Most of these guys must realistically expect they are going to be 5th rounders at best. It’s not the 90s anymore, you can find countless mock drafts without an agent manipulating you. Are these guys leaving because they don’t trust Miami to properly develop them? Are they leaving because it’s a toxic environment? Are they leaving due to financial hardship (which should hopefully be reduced due to new laws/rules). These dudes have continuously see guys leave early and flame out, but continue to do so....so why? Miami’s issues and player performance/potential are not mutually exclusive, but their has to be accountability on both sides. We say this with every coaching change and scheme change, but I really have hope with the current state of affairs and I hope the players feel that.

The way I think about this is why are guys leaving early? Most of these guys must realistically expect they are going to be 5th rounders at best. It’s not the 90s anymore, you can find countless mock drafts without an agent manipulating you. Are these guys leaving because they don’t trust Miami to properly develop them? Are they leaving because it’s a toxic environment? Are they leaving due to financial hardship (which should hopefully be reduced due to new laws/rules). These dudes have continuously see guys leave early and flame out, but continue to do so....so why? Miami’s issues and player performance/potential are not mutually exclusive, but their has to be accountability on both sides. We say this with every coaching change and scheme change, but I really have hope with the current state of affairs and I hope the players feel that.
You forgot “are they leaving because they have no interest being in school and would be better off if the NFL had a minor league”.

If u mean 6th or 7th round at best I'll send u that 50 if u really want it. U know we good. But his routes leave a lot of room for growth. He gets lost on the field on the normal the second a db gets physical and takes him out of his route. If db throws off his concentration his hands get shaky at best... But you are right in one sense. **** kill the combine except in strength categories. & Past that I'm gonna stop. I do think he will hopefully catch ALOT of balls this year. **** certainly get alot of targets as this offense is designed for his type of talents. Short and intermediate routes galore. Him and plenty of others have been horribly misused. Kid like this shouldn't almost exclusively be taking the top off the field. That should be an abberation so you can catch d off guard and use his speed against man... Only one who should've been stretching the field so often is d. But that's just my opinion

agree. Harley has been mostly disappointing here outside of a few nice games here and there. If you’re looking for him to catch a ton of balls, you’ll be disappointed. I am not sure he’ll get drafted. Hope I’m wrong.

agree. Harley has been mostly disappointing here outside of a few nice games here and there. If you’re looking for him to catch a ton of balls, you’ll be disappointed. I am not sure he’ll get drafted. Hope I’m wrong.
Harley's only a disappointment if you had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a very small 3 star type who didn't really do much as a HS receiver. He's probably actually exceeded realistic expectations.

Advertisement
Why do you think they are leaving early? They're leaving early cause their families are in bad to horrible financial situations & they'll take the advice of anyone who fills up they ear with bull****...

Why do you think they are leaving early? They're leaving early cause their families are in bad to horrible financial situations & they'll take the advice of anyone who fills up they ear with bull****...
Do you think this is something that will be reduced when the new laws/rules go into place or do you believe the leaches have that much influence? Honestly asking as I’m not plugged in

Advertisement
Do you think this is something that will be reduced when the new laws/rules go into place or do you believe the leaches have that much influence? Honestly asking as I’m not plugged in
They don't have influence at all. It's the kids are that desperate to get a check. All the leaches do is provide a nudge.

Harley's only a disappointment if you had unrealistic expectations for him. He was a very small 3 star type who didn't really do much as a HS receiver. He's probably actually exceeded realistic expectations.
I don't recall his recruitment exactly but recall him being a low 4* and pretty sure he was a plan B guy for us who wasn't even a take, committed to WV, and we flipped him pretty effortlessly once we whiffed on a few guys. So yeah I would agree he has met expectations on the field but add in he never seems like he is a headache, teammates appear to love him, and seems to help in recruiting as he has some clout, so overall I would say exceeded his role.

I don't recall his recruitment exactly but recall him being a low 4* and pretty sure he was a plan B guy for us who wasn't even a take, committed to WV, and we flipped him pretty effortlessly once we whiffed on a few guys. So yeah I would agree he has met expectations on the field but add in he never seems like he is a headache, teammates appear to love him, and seems to help in recruiting as he has some clout, so overall I would say exceeded his role.
I think he was one of those 3 star in some places and low 4 star in others. If he starts for a year or two and puts up good numbers, then he's met expectations or exceeded them. Then, when you throw in the other positives that you mentioned, he's definitely exceeded high 3 star value. You're right that we didn't want him at first, and he took it personally making some ****** comments along the way about UM. But he's been all in since then.

It'll be a miracle if Mike Harley gets drafted.
An act of Christ if Harley gets drafted. I don’t care how many balls lashlee manufactures for him. It won’t be cause he got open it’ll be because lashlee schemed him open. He cant run routes

Advertisement
Back