Jeff Thomas

JT has at least 2nd round talent - what he didn’t have is the production to support that claim. Plus - he has behavioral issues from the trauma he experienced throughout majority of his life. So....

It’s on every young man to master his own behavior. There’s no arguing that. Being that behaviors rarely change, it takes a certain type of consistent programming in order to get to that place. As a college football player who grew up in ESTL, a part of that programming would have to come from his mentors/coaches. Have to. That’s the other development piece. Jeff failed himself - AND (this is important) he got nothing from the Fat Strength Coach who didn’t show up, the Air Force traveler, Mr Tallahasee Donk, or Jon Boy as his OC.

That’s the truth. We had ZERO WRs drafted from that regime. Our only drafted WR was fully developed by a lower level CFB program. Wow. Read it again. But somehow- folks can only see Jeff’s faults. It’s comical. (EDIT - I forgot about BB).

The NFL is a 2% game. Most of the world lives in the other 98%. That probably includes 99.9% of this board. In order for Jeff to make it into that 2%, from ESTL, he was going to need better support than the trash we called an offensive staff. That’s just real.

He needed Lashlee/Likens. Which is the ultimate catch 22. He didn’t master his behavior in order to RECEIVE what he really needed as a young man/football player.

Advertisement
The 50$ was just to make it a gentlemen's bet. I don’t need it either lol I just think the kid is gonna have a good year & get drafted. Lets see if his route running improves under Likens which I think it may. I’m buying Harley stock this year.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't envision him being drafted. He is really, really small. I've seen him on several occasions. That's not an entirely determinative factor, but he doesn't have the elusiveness or short area quickness to compensate. Size-wise, just to compare, Roscoe Parrish was tiny too. But Roscoe made dudes look like fools. I haven't seen that yet from Harley.

That said, I think he's going to have his best season. He's clearly a hard worker; is a willing blocker despite his size and is always in the coach's good graces (regardless of staff). I think he's going to be super productive and reliable this year. I got him with 35+ catches.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't envision him being drafted. He is really, really small. I've seen him on several occasions. That's not an entirely determinative factor, but he doesn't have the elusiveness or short area quickness to compensate. Size-wise, just to compare, Roscoe Parrish was tiny too. But Roscoe made dudes look like fools. I haven't seen that yet from Harley.

That said, I think he's going to have his best season. He's clearly a hard worker; is a willing blocker despite his size and is always in the coach's good graces (regardless of staff). I think he's going to be super productive and reliable this year. I got him with 35+ catches.
Again, he has a real WR coach now. Theres plenty of small WR in the NFL now.

I'll never understand why Joe Jackson decided to leave early. Like I've heard good excuses for Yearby and others but Jackson will always be a head scratcher.
31bc931ae7000129830e290967734888.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Harley reminds me a bit of Johnathan Harris(he's probably faster than him) but that was another guy who made some plays at UM, fit the Erickson system, but size was an issue

Advertisement
Harley reminds me a bit of Johnathan Harris(he's probably faster than him) but that was another guy who made some plays at UM, fit the Erickson system, but size was an issue
Jonathan made a few plays but he couldn’t make the cut for one of the greatest UM photos of all time...
1599616526454.jpeg

The Ruthless Posse

Advertisement
LOL, well he, AC Tellison and Chris T Jones were really the back-ups.. I think they had their own moniker in 93 as they took over
Martin Patton tried to sneak into the Posse but the boys vetoed the attempt as he was a RB. That dude caught a lot of balls in that 91 offense, lethal coming out of the backfield.

Advertisement
Back