Jeff Thomas

Canes4348

Freshman
Wasn’t he signed with Pete’s crew for representation? Looks like after the combine he jumped ship to Drew.

Advertisement
If you were 5’8 170 running a 4.5 with a string of off field issues AND subpar running routes... wouldn’t you want the best to represent you to? Lol. That’s like getting caught with the murder weapon and going to court with a public defender. Not saying Pete is on a PD level... but you know.

If you were 5’8 170 running a 4.5 with a string of off field issues AND subpar running routes... wouldn’t you want the best to represent you to? Lol. That’s like getting caught with the murder weapon and going to court with a public defender. Not saying Pete is on a PD level... but you know.
Jeff measured in at 5’8 7’8 which is 5’9 and he ran a 4.45. I wish The best for pete but frm and willis situation from last year was definitely bizarre as they didn’t seem to quell the concerns from teams in the pre draft process with him. Just maybe the concerns were too great, who knows. If Thomas indeed did sign with drew that would be a good move for him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Might be too late to switch reps

combine is your best chance to clear up past wrong doings and show off your skill

seems like they did him zero favors getting him ready to silence all the critics

combine is your best chance to clear up past wrong doings and show off your skill

seems like they did him zero favors getting him ready to silence all the critics
While I am no FRM fan, I think it should read "Seems like HE did HIMSELF zero favors getting ready to silence all the critics". A voice most trust on here said JT4's preparation was a disaster and it was all on him. Sadly, that seems par for the course. The ship has definitely sailed on everyone pointing to outside factors to explain Jeff's issues.

Kind of late to start lifting .. he was lazy for 3 years and is basically the height and weight of the Domino's pizza deliver guy rather than an NFL WR.

Advertisement
Here's to not expecting much, but hoping he exceeds expectations. Kudos to the young man for making it this far in life, considering the environment from which he came. However, at some point individual accountability has to come in play. It's hard to understand your worth if your consistently stuck in survival mode, whether it is in a physical or mental capacity. Being in Coral Gables for the past few years, hopefully helped with the physical aspect of things, but who knows what demons he may be wrestling with, coming from East St. Louis. I'm not going to pretend to know.

I'm hoping that he succeeds in whatever he does in life, regardless of whether or not football is involved.

Jeff measured in at 5’8 7’8 which is 5’9 and he ran a 4.45. I wish The best for pete but frm and willis situation from last year was definitely bizarre as they didn’t seem to quell the concerns from teams in the pre draft process with him. Just maybe the concerns were too great, who knows. If Thomas indeed did sign with drew that would be a good move for him.
No Brock. The only good move Jeff could’ve made would be to sign with @apfenny3 Management.

Advertisement
seeing how their guys have performed in the draft he might be below the PD level.

Last edited:

Look at the difference between KJ and Thomas. KJ looks like someone that could play at the next level, and his leadership qualities mean that someone is going to give him a shot, even if he isn't a freakish athlete. A guy willing to run through brick walls, that won't be a problem on or off the field is the kind of guy organizations love to have around. Many a player have managed to stay on rosters, and collect their pensions by being consistent contributors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here's to not expecting much, but hoping he exceeds expectations. Kudos to the young man for making it this far in life, considering the environment from which he came. However, at some point individual accountability has to come in play. It's hard to understand your worth if your consistently stuck in survival mode, whether it is in a physical or mental capacity. Being in Coral Gables for the past few years, hopefully helped with the physical aspect of things, but who knows what demons he may be wrestling with, coming from East St. Louis. I'm not going to pretend to know.

I'm hoping that he succeeds in whatever he does in life, regardless of whether or not football is involved.

I hear you. And for all the grief he gets on here, granted much of it deserved as far as his football performance, I don’t believe he’s been in any trouble since he left E STL.

Maybe he’s one of those people that just moves through life in cruise control. We all know people like that. They’re not a Type A’s, not going to be your super achievers, but are content to get by with less effort, or on their looks, or whatever. If that’s the worst of it, as long as he stays out of legal trouble, maybe he‘ll be just fine. Maybe he’ll have some time in the NFL, maybe he won’t. Either way I don’t wish him ill.

Look at the difference between KJ and Thomas. Thomas looks like someone that could play at the next level, and his leadership qualities mean that someone is going to give him a shot, even if he isn't a freakish athlete. A guy willing to run through brick walls, that won't be a problem on or off the field is the kind of guy organizations love to have around. Many a player have managed to stay on rosters, and collect their pensions by being consistent contributors.
I think you mean Osborn if I'm reading this right...

Advertisement
Back