Jeff Thomas

It gets tiring watching one kid after the other come here with xyz and recede like lebron's hairline(before the plugs)

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Kj is one thing but harley isn't gonna sniff the league. At best it'll be the same udfa situation.
50$ Harley is drafted. he’s gonna catch a ton of balls this year & run well at the combine + great kid. I got 50 on it. Venmo is good.

Good....Kid has talent...I realize he should've stayed another yr...but the kid made LSUs DBs look Silly...and 2 were 1st round picks...I will never forget the UA Game...he ran away with the MVP...and made every 4 and 5* kid look mundane the entire week....

People know Im a huge Jeff Thomas advocate, I thought he could be a version of Santana Moss

however, Moss was at UM in a time where the culture was so strong and demanded guys be accountable. And Ive been told that Santana was a real worker, guy had a goal in mind, nothing was going to stop him

Going back to '89 Blocks' (the documentary on his high school his senior year) there were obvious red flags that Ray Charles could see. But his talent made him a guy that you took a chance on. Thing is, his freshman year, he really did make a contribution, it was a very good foundation for him. Unfortunately, Richt and Co weren't the guy to get him on the straight and narrow

I was for him being allowed to return to the team. It was the wrong move. It just wasn't meant to be. It's a shame we never got to see him and Ahmmon together in a real system, with a consistently accurate QB

Regardless, I still wish him well. I still think he can make the league. But there are some deep rooted issues with this young man.

Advertisement
I agree that the play calling was trash but KJ Osborn did fine. Mike Hartley put up better numbers. The TE’s did well. I understand being held back by a bad offense but you should still be the bright spot on a bad offense

KJ only had 5 TDs the entire season at Miami...He had 7 at Buffalo the year before. Brevin and Mallory each had 2 TDs the entire season. The offense was trash and held everybody back not just JT.

Good to see dsd still hates the Canes.

I wonder if other team’s “former players” get on message boards and regularly shít on their alma mater. I guess the “nephew” thing plays a big part. Idk, but it’s weird af.
C’mon! @dsddcane if just giving you perspective from his knowledge and experience. Telling it like it is. He would be giving the same perspective nephew or not.

It’s not hate. It’s Facts!! I didn’t know the Canes weren’t a dumpster fire the last 2 years based on the results on the field.

KJ only had 5 TDs the entire season at Miami...He had 7 at Buffalo the year before. Brevin and Mallory each had 2 TDs the entire season. The offense was trash and held everybody back not just JT.
But he still outperformed JT. You see? If Jeff Thomas was this super talent that he’s been propped up as for the last few years he’d outperform Harley and KJ right?

Advertisement
Ah Jeff thomas... always getting hawked down...

Fastest actual slow (middle of the road) speed guy in recent memory

JT4 was a nice WR but people over hype him

AR was the last true 1st round (should have been) WR we’ve had here and easily the best since Coley(who really got hosed)

If Jeff was a 1st round talent, then he'd get a chance somewhere. The NFL has shown time and again that they will turn a blind eye to some fckery in the name of special talent. I think we overestimated Jeff's talent, but Jeff definitely had enough talent to make an NFL team had he stuck around here and been willing to change things about himself. Sometimes, it takes a long time to undo bad habits and a polluted victim mindset, and it's especially tough if there are adults around blaming everyone else and enabling the young man.

If I could teach a guy like Jeff anything, it would be to not be so shortsighted. Be a long game guy. Long game is always the smart game. I haven't always practiced it, and it took me forever to perfect it. But long game is the only game.

This applies to all the kids who come here and can't wait to leave to be UDFA. Take the extra year or two to work on yourself and your craft. Coaches leave. You hate a coach? Chances are he'll be gone during your 4 or 5 years here. Everyone to a man loves Likens. I don't think Jeff would have been a 1st rounder if he stuck around another year. But he had a chance to be a 3rd rounder. Or a 2nd rounder. He had a chance to work on himself and his game and to show out in this new offense. Unfortunately, he had no guidance or didn't listen to anyone smart who had his best interests in mind. So he ran. Like he always does.

This applies to so many of the kids who bolt out of here the first chance they get. Look at Bandy. Dumb **** adults in their ear telling them they are who they are and can't improve their stock with another year, so "go get your money!" Regrettably, they find out there ain't no money to be got. And there's no do over button. The adults with the bad advice move on to pollute someone else's psyche. The kid is stuck with the bad shortsighted decision.

Look at LSUs roster from last year as the shining example of what sticking around and playing in a new system can do for your money. Burrow went from 6th rounder to 1st overall. Edwards-Helaire went from UDFA to 1st round. They had a LB go from 4th or 5th round to 1st round. And they might have had another guy sneak into the 1st who wouldn't have but for the 2019 season.

If Jeff was a 1st round talent, then he'd get a chance somewhere. The NFL has shown time and again that they will turn a blind eye to some fckery in the name of special talent. I think we overestimated Jeff's talent, but Jeff definitely had enough talent to make an NFL team had he stuck around here and been willing to change things about himself. Sometimes, it takes a long time to undo bad habits and a polluted victim mindset, and it's especially tough if there are adults around blaming everyone else and enabling the young man.

If I could teach a guy like Jeff anything, it would be to not be so shortsighted. Be a long game guy. Long game is always the smart game. I haven't always practiced it, and it took me forever to perfect it. But long game is the only game.

This applies to all the kids who come here and can't wait to leave to be UDFA. Take the extra year or two to work on yourself and your craft. Coaches leave. You hate a coach? Chances are he'll be gone during your 4 or 5 years here. Everyone to a man loves Likens. I don't think Jeff would have been a 1st rounder if he stuck around another year. But he had a chance to be a 3rd rounder. Or a 2nd rounder. He had a chance to work on himself and his game and to show out in this new offense. Unfortunately, he had no guidance or didn't listen to anyone smart who had his best interests in mind. So he ran. Like he always does.

This applies to so many of the kids who bolt out of here the first chance they get. Look at Bandy. Dumb **** adults in their ear telling them they are who they are and can't improve their stock with another year, so "go get your money!" Regrettably, they find out there ain't no money to be got. And there's no do over button. The adults with the bad advice move on to pollute someone else's psyche. The kid is stuck with the bad shortsighted decision.

Look at LSUs roster from last year as the shining example of what sticking around and playing in a new system can do for your money. Burrow went from 6th rounder to 1st overall. Edwards-Helaire went from UDFA to 1st round. They had a LB go from 4th or 5th round to 1st round. And they might have had another guy sneak into the 1st who wouldn't have but for the 2019 season.

Well said and Totally agree. Teaching a kid to think long term is easier said than done though.

In addition to getting better and working on their craft (which are super important), hopefully some UM squad’s coming up excite kids and make them ‘want’ to stay.

I don’t agree. He has time to turn things around if he wants to. He either has the talent or he doesn’t.
Im not sure what you don't agree with from the perspective of his attitude and the off field crap. If you think it's a talent issue you're just wrong on this one. But we all entitled to an opinion. Do you also feel it just comes down to talent when recievers like AB & Josh gordon keep getting cut right and left. When they're opportunities keep dwindling and dwindling? When they only get one or two teams willing to give it a shot? Well that's with proven pro bowlers. Dudes with the talent to be hall of famers. So how do you feel that opportunity works for people who are so heavy with issues off the field and haven't had the opportunity to prove anything yet on the field? Think some people really confused with how pc the league can be. I personally know tons of people who would've been beasts in the league. But didn't get the chance for plenty of reasons. If Jeff ain't careful he's gonna just be another one of those dudes to fall into that category. I did play long enough to know a lil better

Advertisement

Blind eye to PROVEN talent. Which is what your saying right? But that whole thing about sticking around is nothing but a fans perspective. Using lsu as that same example. What would you have said to the seniors on that previous years team who never were in a position to succeed? They stayed there patiently and allowed their eligibility to run its course and now plenty of them that might've been in that same spot of being in the right system and improving their stock are simply working at home depot as temps or fedex moving boxes... There's a clock on your eligibility from the second you sign ur loi. If you let time continue to pass then you're simply gambling on administration or coaches to correct something they continue to fail at. Not everyone is willing to bet their future and their potential lineage future on people who don't seem to care. At the same point as a kid you gotta do your part as well. That's where Jeff failed himself. He never from day 1 bought all in. He had a foot out the door from jump and let his issues from back home constantly pull him back. But he's a kid. Kids make mistakes. We all do. My only hope for Jeff is he learns from them asap. That's why I say he needs some strong alphas around him to help direct him through life.

I wonder if other team’s “former players” get on message boards and regularly shít on their alma mater. I guess the “nephew” thing plays a big part. Idk, but it’s weird af.
You don't even know wtf you're talking about....Leave it on the field like he did...then run your mouth...You can't comprehend the tireless effort @dsddcane gave at UM....he earned the right to say whatever tf he wants in ref to UM FB...

Ah Jeff thomas... always getting hawked down...

Fastest actual slow (middle of the road) speed guy in recent memory

JT4 was a nice WR but people over hype him

AR was the last true 1st round (should have been) WR we’ve had here and easily the best since Coley(who really got hosed)
He ran away from the FASTEST 4 & 5* Kids in America week of UA Game here in Orlando...Not only whipped 4.3 and 4.4 kids...but beat them soundly for Fastest Man Award....I specifically took time off from work that week, and with alittle assistance from someone on the Citrus Bowl Committee, was able to watch it up close...to say middle of the road (Speedwise) is ridiculous to the 10degree...
Was that Middle of the road speed against VT on PR???...That play during the UA game with the Dead Leg AND Jets made the Crowd lose their minds....Kid gets lazy....I realize that...but he without Question has 2nd Round Talent..but like @The Franchise said earlier...."Long Game is the smart Game"

Last edited:
Advertisement
50$ Harley is drafted. he’s gonna catch a ton of balls this year & run well at the combine + great kid. I got 50 on it. Venmo is good.
If u mean 6th or 7th round at best I'll send u that 50 if u really want it. U know we good. But his routes leave a lot of room for growth. He gets lost on the field on the normal the second a db gets physical and takes him out of his route. If db throws off his concentration his hands get shaky at best... But you are right in one sense. **** kill the combine except in strength categories. & Past that I'm gonna stop. I do think he will hopefully catch ALOT of balls this year. **** certainly get alot of targets as this offense is designed for his type of talents. Short and intermediate routes galore. Him and plenty of others have been horribly misused. Kid like this shouldn't almost exclusively be taking the top off the field. That should be an abberation so you can catch d off guard and use his speed against man... Only one who should've been stretching the field so often is d. But that's just my opinion

Blind eye to PROVEN talent. Which is what your saying right? But that whole thing about sticking around is nothing but a fans perspective. Using lsu as that same example. What would you have said to the seniors on that previous years team who never were in a position to succeed? They stayed there patiently and allowed their eligibility to run its course and now plenty of them that might've been in that same spot of being in the right system and improving their stock are simply working at home depot as temps or fedex moving boxes... There's a clock on your eligibility from the second you sign ur loi. If you let time continue to pass then you're simply gambling on administration or coaches to correct something they continue to fail at. Not everyone is willing to bet their future and their potential lineage future on people who don't seem to care. At the same point as a kid you gotta do your part as well. That's where Jeff failed himself. He never from day 1 bought all in. He had a foot out the door from jump and let his issues from back home constantly pull him back. But he's a kid. Kids make mistakes. We all do. My only hope for Jeff is he learns from them asap. That's why I say he needs some strong alphas around him to help direct him through life.
No. I’m not saying PROVEN talent; I’m saying ELITE talent. It's a slight distinction but an important one. Had Jeff gone to the combine and put on a Tyreek Hill type of show, he would have had a much better chance of sticking around the league than after putting it in a pretty average uninspired combine.

You can't add troubled past plus slightly above-average talent and expect to be given any leeway. The NFL overlooked Hill's much greater transgressions and turned a blind eye to a guy like Mixon being caught on tape punching a girl in the face. They weren't proven guys. A guy like Gordon's problems didn't just start a couple years into the league. He had those problems all along and was given chance after chance because of his elite talent. Same with Randy Gregory and countless guys before and after him.

Jeff has very good talent and could have been an excellent college WR with a chance to play in the NFL. He was by no means a sure fire 1st round pick who was only a first-cut NFL UDFA because of his coaches at UM. He is a guy who has acted the way he's acted his whole life for whatever reasons. I'm not shutting on him because I hope someone can get through to him before it's too late. But it'll never happen as long as people reinforce to him that it's been everyone else's fault and not his own.

He needed a strong male role model here. He didn't get it or was unwilling to listen to him or couldn't connect to him if he had one. I'm not talking about an old guy yelling at him and making him run till he pukes and all that Junction Boys ****. I'm talking about a guy who could reach him and find out what his issues are and try to connect with him and work through them. He has the talent to play in the NFL. He lacks the mindset though. His level of talent with a bad mindset will never make it in that league, which is exactly what I said when he ran from here.

Where am I doing that? Because I said we were misusing players and I don't think Mike is a good example? Are you crying because all y'all ****ting on Jeff & I'm defending him? Society is made for betas now who can't tolerate opinions I suppose. Not one single thing I've said about what's going on NOW is ****ting on anyone. But you do u. Don't really give a fvck how you feel. But if you wanna pretend it's accurate and not just ****ery then actually bother to have a valid point. Regardless I'm gonna say what I know. Have a great day though buddy and jesus loves you

He ran away from the FASTEST 4 & 5* Kids in America week of UA Game here in Orlando...Not only whipped 4.3 and 4.4 kids...but beat them soundly for Fastest Man Award....I specifically took time off from work that week, and with alittle assistance from someone on the Citrus Bowl Committee, was able to watch it up close...to say middle of the road (Speedwise) is ridiculous to the 10degree...
Was that Middle of the road speed against VT on PR???...That play during the UA game with the Dead Leg AND Jets made the Crowd lose their minds....Kid gets lazy....I realize that...but he without Question has 2nd Round Talent..but like @The Franchise said earlier...."Long Game is the smart Game"
Thomas has all the speed he needs. Ppl on here have been talking about him being slow since he got caught a couple of times. It’s not a “he’s slow” issue it’s an effort issue. A lot of his speed issues seemed due to conditioning.

Advertisement
Back